The worst handgun you own...

nate45

Edit: It DOSEN'T have to be a BAD handgun. If the only handgun you own is a Sig 210, then that is the worst handgun you currently own.

For me its my made in 1931 Colt Police Positive Special chambered in .38 Special. I shoot it sometimes with Remington 158 gr +P LSWC-HP, even though you shouldn't. Its got a nice smooth DA pull(for a Colt) and works great. Its got worn grips, some freckles and someone sweated on the hammer, but it doesn't look too bad. All in all though, its definitely the worst handgun I own.

100_1314.jpg

It looks neat in my old 1930s SD Myres floral carved holster, that was evidently made for a Police Positive, because it fits like a glove.

100_1315.jpg

Last edited:

WeedWacker

My G22 ;)

IMO my worst, currently, is my Ruger LCR. It shoots high, it's easy to short stroke the trigger, and the crimson trace grip does nothing for the recoil like the standard LCR grip does. I'd rather have the old grip in retrospect.

Of all time, my worst ever would have been my Taurus Judge Public Defender.

nate45

James K said:
Nate45, if that is the worst gun you own, for heaven's sake show us the best!

Its my favorite anyway.

100_1225.jpg

S&W .44 Magnum first year of production, shipped from the factory in July,1956. I also have the original blue case, 'coke' grips, the tools and registration card. The original sight adjustment tool is pictured. It has Keith Brown exhibition grade walnut Roper style grips, with elephant ivory diamond inlays. I got those grips to protect my original cokes, however they ended up costing $50+ more than an excellent set of cokes, after I added all the options. lol

Below is a pic of it I took years ago wearing its original goncalo alves 'coke bottle' grips and lying atop Elmer Keith's one year evaluation of the then new .44 Magnum, which was written in 1957 and appeared in the 1958 Gun Digest.

pre29-1-1.jpg

Analytical

t9z58w.jpg

1909 Colt Army Special. It was my second hand gun, and a hand me down. The barrel is cut short, a crooked dove tail is cut into it and it has a 10/22 front site sitting in the dove tail. It still locks up and functions great, lol.

I could not get it on a 18x18 piece of cardboard at 10 yards. I purchased a new barrel for it, but finding someone local that can work on an old Colt seems impossible. I've always wanted to re-barrel and refinish the gun, but I can't justify the cost. My mother has no idea what happened to it, she said it wasn't like that when she put it away :eek:

ClydeFrog

Taurus model 82 .38spl...

In the mid-2000s, I owned a used, nickeled Taurus model 82 with a 4" barrel.
It shot ok & had a spurless type hammer(not DA only).
I used it for a few weeks on some security posts but noticed the cylinder started to lock up & not rotate.
The revolver was cheap so I decided to get rid of it rather than mess around with the Taurus HQ.

In fairness, my good friend also had a 4" barrel model 82 .38spl that was broken. Due to the age & design, Taurus just gave him a brand new, unused model 66 .357magnum.
In the 2000s & 1990s, Taurus did offer service plans for new & used firearm owners. I'm not sure if the firm still backs their weapons the same way now.

CF

gyvel

MAB Model G .22 pistol. No matter what I do to it, I can't get 10 shots in a row out of the magazine.

It's been a thorn in my side for 10 years now.

New_Member_Name

My worst is my Kahr cw40. I feel like i need a bionic hand and arm to shoot it, it has such bad muzzle flip. I had to sand down the back strap of it because after 4 rounds i was bleeding. i'm not talking like a cut, i mean BLEEDING. I think i've hit the big paper targets at 7 yds a maximum of 4 times out of 2 boxes of ammo. Its light weight though compared to my 1911s. i'll keep it till i get me a pocket pistol.

peacefulgary

I currently don't own any bad ones, but I did once own a CZ 75B that was a jam-o-matic.

I'm sure it was just a fluke, but I'm glad I got rid of it to a guy who thought he could fix it.

Robk

My used and not so greatly refinished P226 DAO. But what a nice trigger and it still will go bang on demand. Looks may not be up to par with the rest of my collection, but functionality is way up there.

WVsig

CZ82.... Which for the money I paid less than $200 is a great gun but it is the red headed step child of the family. :cool:

nate45

It doesn't have to be a bad handgun. Just the worst one you own. If the only handgun you own is a brand new Wilson Combat Super Grade, thats the worst handgun you currently own.:)

TheNocturnus

Jimenez JA-22
xmo46r.jpg

Fun to shoot, have not got a full magazine to cycle yet, very inaccurate, jam-o-matic. It is just cool though. I would never trust it for anything other than a fun range plinker.

jmstr

I'd have to say that the Walther P1 is my worst one, with my Sig P225 as a close second. The Walther has a very heavy DA pull that causes me to twitch the barrel, and the sights aren't very good for ranges less than 15 yards, but I generally shoot at 7-10 yards.

The P225 feels GREAT in my hand and is an awesome handgun, but it is also the one I am second least-accurate with. I don't know why, but Sig pistols and me don't integrate well.

I don't want to sell either at this time, as I love the history of the P1 and it is fun to have the guy to my left wonder why MY brass is hitting him at the shooting lane. The P225 just feels so nice I want to get good enough with it to make myself really happy-not just satisfied.

I can't believe this. I picked two pistols as my 'worst' and didn't mention my Glock. ARGGHH! And I dislike the feel of the Glock in my hands so much! BUT, it just plain works and works WELL. I wish I were as accurate with my Sig as I am with my Glock: then I'd sell the Glock!