The "Where is everything?" thread -- guns, ammo, primers, powder, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dajowi

An employee at a local Bi-Mart was told by a Remington sales rep that they expect shipments of ammo etc. to retail outlets to start to catch up in June or July.

For what it's worth.:rolleyes:

Closing The Gap

PSA has Federal AE 9mm 115gr FMJ for $17.99 a box right now. I found a source for Reman ammo locally for $200/1000rds so I won't be competing for the PSA offer. Enjoy!

armymedic

You know the worst part of all this ammo shortage for me is that I am in Afghanistan where we have ammo out the wahzoo, in fact we are going out every couple weeks to try to shoot it up and get rid of it. Fortunately I will be leaving this land in a bout 2 months, unfortunately though I will be going back to Rockford, IL which Vito posted about being barren of ammo. Too bad I can't take a case of 9mm rounds back as a war trophy

erob3:

A guy plinking nearby with his son told me that the son's mother works at a local Walmart.

He told me that the clerks put ammo on the display shelf at Random Times whenever they receive any.

This helps to create more of a free market, without selling lots of it to people who are retired, or use a family member to corner some of the market when others must go to work. Anybody who thinks that everybody else has access to such a 'free market' -every day- is full of Kuhscheisse.

The Verminator

Stopped at Cabela's today to pick up a CZ527 Carbine I had on hold for me.

I was surprised to see that they had about 50 boxes of PMC .223 in 20-round boxes for $9.99, so I grabbed five boxes.

I thought, I wonder if this will vanish in a short time? There was no sign stating a limit.

So, I did some shopping and went to my car about an hour later and then decided to walk back in and see what had happened.

Four boxes left.

So I bought them.

I do think the famine and panic are about over, but it will take some time.

Stopped at my LGS and it was WAY different from a few weeks ago. Used to be PACKED with people all the time. Today it was me and one other customer......who was not buying, just chatting.

LGS owner said ammo supply is slightly better except for .22 rimfire, which is still impossibly and unbelievably hard to get. He was joking about selling it for a dollar a round if he could get any.

stephen426

Are prices still going up???

I just went on Cheaperthandirt.com and they were selling regular target 9mm for $69.99 a box of 50!!! That works out to $1.40 a round!!! I saw people buying (people actually bidding) 9mm for $310 on gunbroker.com for 500 rounds of 9mm. That's $.62 a round! I sitting on a few thousand rounds that I bought for less than $.20 a round. I think it might be time to triple my money. Prices have to come down eventually, barring any crazy new laws that ban ammo or set buying limits. Do people know something I don't? Even .22 LR has gone through the roof!

Should I sell some now and take advantage of the hysteria or just sit on it?

southjk

Sell it Stephen, make some money then resupply when prices come down. Buy low, sell high is what they say, right?

Don't forget to keep some on hand for yourself though.

stephen426

I just checked my inventory.

.22 LR - 1,500 rounds
9mm - 3,900 rounds
.357 Magnum - 200 rounds
.40 S&W - 2,200 rounds
.45 ACP - 1,250 rounds
.223 - 280 rounds
.30-06 - 200 rounds
12 GA # 8 (lead) - 850 rounds
12 GA # 4 (steel) - 300 rounds

If prices are this crazy, I will probably sell 2,000 rounds of 9mm and 1,000 rounds of .40 S&W. I'm probably keeping everything else unless prices go even higher!

Timing is critical on these panics. I bought my S&W M&P Sport used but in amazing condition for $600 right before the Sandy Hook tragedy. I could have easily sold it for double near the peak of the panic. I have another AR but it does not have a collapsible stock. It is probably worth exactly what I paid now and I would be hard pressed to get a penny more. I'm thinking I better move this ammo and get that extra money in my hand. I could have had an extra $500 in my pocket and a brand new AR!

Last edited:

carguychris

DFW Area Alert....

As of last night, the Bullet Trap in Plano had 9mm Speer Gold Dot JHP ammo in 4 flavors- 115gr, 124gr standard, 124gr +P, and 147gr- on sale for $23.99/20rds. This is admittedly a bit steep for practice, and it's slightly more than it normally sells for via mail order, but it's a LOT less than the gun show gougers are asking.

Here's the best part- they had literally dozens of cases of it. There is no purchase limit; however, even if several people buy multiple cases, it will probably take the store a while to run out.

BrassAndLead

I just checked my inventory.

.22 LR - 1,500 rounds
9mm - 3,900 rounds
.357 Magnum - 200 rounds
.40 S&W - 2,200 rounds
.45 ACP - 1,250 rounds
.223 - 280 rounds
.30-06 - 200 rounds
12 GA # 8 (lead) - 850 rounds
12 GA # 4 (steel) - 300 rounds

Holy crap batman! I thought I had a decent stash, but I'm nowhere near this.

Dragline45

Things are slowing down and coming back to normal. All the nut jobs who maxed out their credit cards on ammo and $2000 AR's are starting to feel the sting from the bills coming in, and already I am starting to see brand new unfired AR's being sold on consignment now that the assault weapon ban has passed. Still cant find .22lr anywhere though, and 90% of my range time is/was spent shooting .22lr. Oddly enough I cant find .380 either?

jrhilde

Another .22 ammo question --

can someone tell me what a "brick" of .22 LR used to go for on average, 40 grain, decent stuff, Remington, Federal or say Winchester ? The box of 550 rounds ? I have the chance to buy a couple boxes of the Federal for $50.00 a box, but I'm curious what it normally costs due to I always bought the 100 round boxes from Remington and CCI----shall I go ahead and snap them up ?

CDR_Glock

Another .22 ammo question --

I think it was about $18/box.

I bought 500 rounds + of Remington's for $25/box a couple of weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.