The "Where is everything?" thread -- guns, ammo, primers, powder, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
meant for stuff like dies, press, etc.

You can also get new stuff like primers in secondary market, not necessarily used but from local private individuals.

cal10

So Cal gunshows had 500 rd 22lr for $50.00, If you're lucky and first in the Bread Lines @ Walmarts or big 5 you can get a brick for $30 or so on the one day a week they get shipments.

OkieCruffler

Walked into a pawn shop today and they had a batch of 22LR. Everything was marked at $60/brick regardless of brand. Sitting between the Remington Golden Bullets and the winchester 555 was a single brick of SK standard plus marked at the same $60. It was there anyway...See you folks at the range.

FISHY-A-NADO

There is an App for that....

I had been searching for ammo since Christmas with absolutely zero success. Over the weekend, I loaded the Walmart app on my iphone. As of this morning, the app has allowed me to fill the following holes in my ammo supply.

1666 rounds .22lr (Winchester M-22 and 333 pk HP)
100 rounds .357 magnum (Remington 100 pk)
150 rounds .38 special (Winchester white box)
50 rounds .22 win mag (Remington accu tip)
250 rounds .45 ACP (Remington/UMC 250rd Mega Pack)

Granted, I had to make 4 stops between 2 locations but none were special trips. Only once did I actually buy the limit of 3 boxes and not once did I buy the last box of anything.

Prior to this week, I only had 3 50 round boxes of .22lr and less than 40 rounds of .45 ACP. Now I have plenty (based on my normal usage) for all my guns and will not be purchasing any more in the foreseeable future.

Jeff #111

I've always been pretty stingy with my ammo. Except for when I was in the Army or my department is supplying ammo (something that it hasn't done for many years - long before the great ammo shortage of 2013) a heavy shooting session for me is going through fifty to 100 rounds with one of my handguns.

I've been a big proponent of dry firing for years. I still am.I remember reading years ago how the old timers were big on "snapping -in" since ammo wasn't very plentiful and expensive. Reloading was still in it's infancy 100-140 years ago.

Dry firing has made a difference for me though I know there are those who don't agree. Fortunately Snap Caps are available (at least where I live) and prices haven't gone up on them. Snap Caps are my friends.

Over the years I've always picked up a box of ammo here and there. Mainly if I see that it's on sale etc. As a result I have a healthy inventory. But, like I said at the beginning of this post, I've always been conservative anyway so I'm just a little tighter now.

I'm not saying that I'm right and everyone else is wrong. Just sharing information.

dajowi

I was talking to a local Bi-Mart customer service rep yesterday and he was informed by a Remington spokesman that by June or July the store should be getting it's regular amount of ammo.

I'm sure happy that I reload and don't have to depend on this information.

starsun

Powder

Just purchased some powder at 3RD Generation Shooting Supply. They have some but not that much. Still looking for primers.

Spats McGee

Administrator
Please allow me to reiterate something that was said in the OP:

Mike Irwin said:
This thread will hopefully do two things:

1. It will give everyone a place to discuss the low stock and high prices we are currently seeing in the firearms world.

2. It will hopefully give everyone a central place where they can report finding supplies (locally or otherwise).

What this thread will NOT be, however, (and I can't stress that strongly enough) is a thread for expounding:

• pet conspiracy theories about how the government is buying up all of the ammo to keep it out of the public's hands.
  • how manufacturers are creating a false shortage designed to drive prices up.
  • complaints about how this company or that store is gouging.
Posts along those lines will be deleted and the poster may receive either a warning or a sanction.

Venom1956

Man my local shops WPA 5.45 30boxes shot up from 5.99 to 9.80 since December. 1080 spam cans are 240! :confused: So much for 5.45 being cheap, =(

Anyone have a lead on any at a reasonable price?!

Wreck-n-Crew

For anyone near the Dayton Ohio area Olde English Outfitters has everything in handgun except 9mm. They have some SD hallow points in 9mm. I found .38, 40S&W, 45acp, .45 long colt, .357 magnum, Very little.22LR, 10mm.

If you wish to make the drive as they are serving local only, no mail order, the website here http://oeoutfitters.com/Scripts/default.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.