The squibb that won't come out

oldmanFCSA

Do you use the same amount of powder that was in the original load?
I apoligize for the really late response - BUT I was in Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN since late May to September 14th losing my lower right wheel in the process. I am currently in physical rehab to learn how to walk again for a prosthesis, the process to fit the prosthesis starts November 1st.

As to answer your question, on the 50BMG target rifles we reduce the load 10-20 grains after starting out with 245-248 grains of RL-50 or VV 20N29.

jar

I apoligize for the really late response - BUT I was in Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN since late May to September 14th losing my lower right wheel in the process. I am currently in physical rehab to learn how to walk again for a prosthesis, the process to fit the prosthesis starts November 1st.

As to answer your question, on the 50BMG target rifles we reduce the load 10-20 grains after starting out with 245-248 grains of RL-50 or VV 20N29.
Keep up with the rehab and keep us posted on your progress.

Skans

I wonder if the OP ever got the bullet out? Given that it is a solid copper bullet, I would line the barrel with a brass tube and drill a hole all the way through the bullet. I would want the hole as wide as I could make it. Then, I'd use an aluminum or brass dowel to bang out the remaining part of the bullet. It should be able to deform enough to be pushed out.

Skans said:
I wonder if the OP ever got the bullet out? Given that it is a solid copper bullet, I would line the barrel with a brass tube and drill a hole all the way through the bullet. I would want the hole as wide as I could make it. Then, I'd use an aluminum or brass dowel to bang out the remaining part of the bullet. It should be able to deform enough to be pushed out.
?????

Did you read the thread? See post #35

fastbolt

Hey..........good for you!

I note the inscription of " no less than 120 gr bullet weight" on the ejector shroud. That seems most interesting and I wonder if whatever engineering issue (sleeved barrel?) requiring that warning contributed to your (solved!!!!) problem?

You can read about the bullet weight restriction for the Magnum revolvers with titanium cylinders in the owner safety manual, on page 13.

CAUTION: Do not use Magnum loads with bullet weights of less
than 120 grains - This will reduce the possibility of premature erosion in titanium alloy cylinders.
https://assets.contentstack.io/v3/a...S&W_JKLN_Revolver_Manual_112119_416560000.pdf

Nothing to do with the sleeved barrel. Basically, they told us in the revolver armorer class that the powders used in factory Magnum ammunition using bullet weights of less than 120gr produced hotter gasses, which could create a risk of premature erosion of the titanium cylinder, both in the charge hole throats and on the cylinder face.

mcb66

A can of compressed air held upside down and sprayed will super cool and freeze whatever it touches. Like very targeted dry ice. Often times it will unstick what is stuck. it will freeze and blister fingertips so be aware.