Sad about .327 Federal mag......

bmitch300wby

I just bought my wife a Ruger SP101 in .327 Federal, and she loves it! It's her first handgun and the option to shoot the 32 S&W long for familiarization and practice is awesome. It was like shooting a 22 mag for me and very comfortable for her. The .327 Federal ammo has butt kicking ballistics and IMHO, will outshine the .38 for my wife. She's very intimidated by the .38 and is super comfortable with the .327.

Ammo is not that hard to find. Midwayusa and Cabelas has it. 32 S&W Long brass is easy to find as well as 85-100 grain bullets from Hornady and Speer. The hard thing to find is the .327 Federal Magnum brass. Federal is on back order and trust me, I will be getting some when the time comes.

I hope this caliber NEVER dies! I might even carry it myself at times (hopefully my Sig won't get jealous).

Creek Henry

Since the 32HR is only about 20k PSI, Buffalo Bore makes a +P round they claim can be used in all but the oldest revolvers (made for the HR). It rates about 350 ft-lbs of muzzle energy compared to the 450 of the 327. That sounds pretty nifty also.

Bisquitlips

I am an avid reloader and love the more obscure calibers as they are new areas of exploration (max pres 45,000 psi [standard pressure 44 magnum is 36,000 psi]). And the .327 mag handgun is extremely versatile for stated reasons.

Put the .327 mag together with a Ruger SP101 and you have a very robust handgun with fresh magnum characteristics. What's not to like?

I expected that it might take off as a magnum targeted toward the fairer sex, but I don't think marketing did well in this regard.

DaveShooter

My new gp100 in 327 rocks!

I have had alot of cal through the yrs. Took out my new Ruger in 327, and I wouldn't be afraid to use this cal in a self defense situation if need be so. This revolver shot 327, 32h&r, 32 s&w ammo like a dream. I am finding ammo all over for it as well. Great to have reloading dies and press as well.;)

amd6547

I am interested in the Taurus snubs CDNN is selling cheap...are they any good?
My only Taurus experience was pretty bad, a PT22 I owned only long enough to shoot once,, send in for warranty, and sell upon its return.

22-rimfire

I thought about buying a Ruger in 327 Federal, but opted not to as I had other priorities. Sounds like a lot of people felt the same way in a practical sense. But I hate to see a caliber/cartridge die a slow death. Frankly, I blame Ruger same as I blame Ruger for the slow demise of the 480 Ruger.

I have read that the centerfire Taurus revolvers aren't bad overall. But I personally have no experience with them. You see, I'm generally willing to buy S&W or Ruger which leaves Taurus totally out of the picture.

Budda

Hi point should make a .327 mag....don't two wrongs make a right?

I am waiting the 15 mins for another .327 mag, .38vs9mm , My hi point dosent suck..... threads to start.:D

1chig

I just ordered an sp101 3in 327 today, will be here saturday and i cant wait!! Doesnt anyone reload any more??