Ruger SR9 Owners

justin10985

Okay this is for all Ruger SR9 Owners:
Post your pics and share your feedback with us; the good, the bad, and the ugly. Thanks :D

Jack Bauer

OK, I'll play...here's mine, 200+ trouble free rounds and accurate as all get out...

ruger2.jpg

bkbrown

Just Got mine

Just picked mine up Yesterday -- LOVE it already ! Only 34 rounds so far - Off Hand -Standing and mostly in the 5" & 2" rings after slight rear sight adjustment at 10 Yards.

Looking for Holsters -- I'd love a Blackhawk SERPA, but they don't make one for the SR9 and won't say when they will. I've heard that the SR9 fits in the P345 Holsters ???

Any recommendations or ideas ???

Thanks,

BKB:)

JBriggs

I am carrying mine right now. I love it! At first, I thought it would be just like every other Ruger (except for the Mark series) I had used before. But, after examining it, I was taken by its simplicity and quality. It now has over 500 rounds through it without one single hitch. After trying out the different back strap positions, I prefer the arched side as to the flat side.

As of right now, it is one of the most accurate 9mm's I own. (my EMP is pretty darn accurate) I think its shootability is due to its low bore axis and good balance. The one thing I would add to it if I could would be a grip safety in addition to its well placed 1911 style thumb safety. Grip safeties make me feel ubber safe when carrying locked and loaded.

The only problem I have had is that the front sight is so tall, it often snags on my holster. I think that this problem can be solved by switching to a poly paddle holster or something similar. Does anybody have any suggestions for a good holster for the SR9?

Lastly, even though the front sight is so tall, I still like the sights, but wish I could night sights for it. Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes tritrium sights for it?

farnorthdan

Got mine

I've had mine for about a month now and think for the money its a good buy. I like the high capacity and the accuracy is good. Watch for peening at barrel lock up. mine has very little but am watching. I have at least 500 rounds through it with no failures....so far so good

bkbrown

SR9 Holsters

I also e-mailed Bianchi & this is the answer I just got.

Here are the models available for the Ruger SR9.

82-SIZE11
83-SIZE11
105-SIZE13/15
100-SIZE11

BKB:)

bkbrown

SR9 Picture

attachment.php

This is my SR9 with target 17+1 at 10 yards off hand standing.

Attachments

• SR9 01.jpg
    SR9 01.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 20,117

Jack Bauer

I can't legally carry my SR9 in my state (Wisconsin) but I do have non-resident permits from MN and FL, and I do carry when I travel when it's legal for me to do so. I have a Don Hume JIT slide holster that was originally for a Ruger P95, and it works quite well for the SR9. I'm told the Blackhawk for the M&P 45 fits the SR9, but it doesn't...I have one and the fit is loose and sloppy, so I'll wait for one made specifically for the SR9.

Darkstar7

I've had my SR9 for just about a month now. I bought the GALCO Cop 3 slot holster, black belt, and 2 concealable magazine carriers for it. Nice fit and comfortable to boot. Thumb release backstrap and the 3 slot holster design lets you carry either strongside or level.

I've fired 300 rounds total through my SR9, a couple of issues during the first 100 rounds but no issues at all in the last 200. Accurate out of the box - the sights needed no adjustment. I don't like the trigger take-up but am adjusting my technique to compensate for that. The initial gritty trigger feel is starting to smooth out and should improve with usage.

bkbrown

SR9

I ordered and recd. the Desantis Pro Stealth N87 -- the SR9 fits fine, but it carries a bit low so you would need a long coat to cover. I'll find one to fit the way I like it.

Desantis has 2 (that I see) holsters with the Redi-Loc Thumb release.
The Quik-Chek 43 and the Chek-Mate 41 -- I've sent e-mail to Desantis asking about fittment for the SR9. They do have some listed for the SR9 at
http://www.desantisholster.com/gun-models-ruger-sr9.html

I had NO problems with my SR9 right out of the box -- Clean - Smoothe - I did adjust the rear sight, but that is probably my sight picture more than the gun. So far only a little over 100 rounds, but not a hitch.

bkbrown

Holsters for SR9

Got this reply from Hunter Holsters -----

I have good news. We are in production on two new holsters for the Ruger SR9. Within the next two weeks, we will have available our 5033, which is a High Ride Style with a Thumb Break and our 5233, which is an open top design with Tension Screw Adjustment. Both of these have all of the features found in our Pro-Hide series and are molded specifically for the SR9. There won't be any question regarding fit.
If you are interested, you can call us direct at 1-800-676-4868 and place your order, or contact a mail order company such as Cabela's or Miday USA and have them quote a price for you. If you have a dealer you do business with, you could also have him order them for you. Let me know if we can help you with anything else.
Regards,
Debbie Taylor
Hunter Company
Westminster, CO

Jack Bauer

What are the odds without Doyle, "our" State will pass a CCW law?
SN

If we could have gotten Scott Walker in there, we'd be carrying now. Mark Green, possibly, too...how Doyle got in again is still a mystery to me...

adrifter2

SR9 is a winner.

I have been shooting a 9mm SR9 that a friend of mine bought a month ago. Together we have shot over 500 rounds of assorted factory ammo through it.
It's very accurate and digests all JHP/ball ammo like clock work.
We both agreed that the trigger action from the factory was not as good as my Springfield XD 9mm 4" Service model, or my Springfield XD .40 S&W 5" Tactical model.
The gunsmith at the shop where he purchased it did a trigger job on this SR9 and he realy did an excellant job. Very smooth and consistant trigger now.
Ruger has a winner here for sure.

strick909

The new issue of SWAT has a very good article on it. They noted a few hiccups early on that fixed themselves before the evaluation was completed. Overall a very favorable review.
I plan on ordering a few in for the shop and snagging one for training. I love the smaller grip for female clients and guys with smaller hands. If you have big hands, you might find the thumb safety a little tough to use. My hands are smack dab in the middle of medium and I work the controls just fine.

biologicole

SR9 trigger job

adrifter2,

What did your gunsmith do to your trigger? I bought a SR9 stainless last week and fired it this last weekend. No trouble with the gun, but I would like to lessen the overtravel and possibly reduce the pull weight on the "second stage" of the double action. It breaks at about 6lb right now.