Rude Awakening--WWB ammunition prices.

TEDDY

rude awakening why?

heads up shooters you had warning when dems got in (not that they caused price rise)if you got loading tools and components earlier youd be all set.this is just the tip.wait till you really get hit.:mad:
I got mine long ago.:):)

pwrtool45

So...ammo's back up to what it cost in 1998 (not even accounting for inflation). At least we don't have to sign for it, as gunnies did pre FOPA `86.

Back when I was shooting IPSC on and off in the late `90s, Rem UMC (back when the packaging was yellow) was the cheapest factory stuff around. At $9.95/50 for 9mm and twice that for .45 ACP. Master brand reloads were about $7.95/50, IIRC.

Sorry guys, but cheap WWB pistol ammo is like cheap .308 military surplus ammo. It was good while it lasted. The solution then is the same as the solution now, though it seems some people get irritated when they hear it.

Mount the press to a small board, then vice grip the board to a sturdy table. Reload. Remove the vice grips and put the whole shebang back in 1'x4' Tupperware container. Slide it under your bed or make room in the closet.

Or, don't. *shrug* Pay $20 per box of 50 rounds of .45. Or shoot less. Your choice.

In addition, I'd predict a resurgence in the popularity of the .38/357 revolver and the .45 acp revolver. Ammo prices get worse, and folks will likely appreciate a pistol that uses brass which lasts forever and has nearly 100% recovery rate. To the best of my understanding, I think reloading is pretty popular amongst gun owners down in Australia. For much the same reason it's likely to get more popular here.

RNB65

John,

Are you sure the ammo you saw wasn't mis-labeled? I stopped by Wally World tonight and WWB prices here have not changed. 9mm was $15.72, .40 was $21.88, .45 was $28 something. I'm thinking that someone entered something incorrectly into the computer in your WM store and put the .40 price on the 9mm.

Black Adder LXX

Isn't reloading dangerous?

As long as you're careful and don't reload drunk or something like that. If you want to talk about dangerous... Driving a car is dangerous... Eating KFC is dangerous... Suggesting a firearm BESIDES glock on this forum is dangerous... :D

Hal

Souther Guy,
Reloading/handloading is dangerous only to much the same extent as using a chain saw or power tools is dangerous.

Do something stupid and/or against the "rules" and you can get bit really hard.
Pay attention to what you're doing, remember some simple and basic rules you should load by and you can enjoy a lifetime of a seemingly endless supply of top quality ammunition.

tegemu

Sounds like Ammoman and the other mail order sites will be gettijg a lot more business. But they'll probably go up too.

clayking

Last year about this time, I bought 30 boxes of 9mm WWB for about $11 a box. I just wanted the brass to reload and this was a good way to aquire it. Now, I'm reloading them for the 3rd time. I also bought 25 boxes of Federal Value packs of .22's for under 9 bucks a box. Haven't made a trip to Wally's in awhile, anyone know what are the Federal Packs going for now?

Note to self. Go buy more reloading stuff before it goes up even more. I bought 2000 9MM Ranier bullets a few months ago and notice that they also gone up about 15%.

I guess the CPI doesn't take ammo into consideration!.................ck

copdills

I went to walmart the other day myself and saw prices had gone up , I pick up a few boxes of wwb 45acp , and I found a gun shop going out of business the same day and brought some reloading supplies, for the just in case mode

stangfan93

i havent been shooting no way near as much because of ammo prices. I haven't even shot my .357mag yet because of ammo prices. I haven't gone to the range except to test my Ruger MKIII. That is all i plan on shooting for a good while. I love my .45acp but i haven't taken her out in a while.

ttbk

I dropped in a local Wal-Mart a few hours ago and picked up 50 WWB 9mm 147gr. jhp for (before sales tax) $14.77 plus a 10-cent "ammo fee".