Rude Awakening--WWB ammunition prices.

FM12

Yep,.45 acp WWB at Wal Mart=28.00 + tax. DAMN! more than .30/round for FMJ. I hate to think what premium ammo is going to be! Sure glad I reload, I'm salting away components as fast as I can!!

MPanova

Just went over to the Wal-Mart by my work and the WWB stuff did infact go up there to pretty much like everywhere else. However the CCI Blazer Brass is still the same as it was last year hahaha

9mm was something like $6.47 for 50 rounds
40s&w was around $7.67 for 50 rounds
45acp was still $9.47 for 50 rounds

I think I'll go buy it all when I get off work at 7am :D

tulsamal

I live in a apartment so I dont really have the room to reload.I

I lived in on post housing in the US Army back in the 80's. Married but no children. So we lived in what was basically a two bedroom apartment. The wife didn't want to "give up" the spare room so I put all my reloading stuff in a single closet. I built a little bench that fit in the closet with the door closed. Put in some shelves for components. I spent a lot of hours sitting in a chair in front of that closet and it worked just fine! Lee Turret Press.

Gregg

SOSARMS

Not hit here yet.....

After reading this thread, thought i'd scope out Uncle Wally this past weekend while shopping for food supplies.. OMG !!!! The ammo case was bone dry EMPTY !!! Talked to clerk and was told that the glass had broken so all ammo was sent to the back room. On the price label, was WWB 9mm 100ct boxes for $14.59. So asked if she had 10 boxes....About 10 minutes later she came walking from the back with 10 cradled in her hands.... did not use a cart....also did not have a very pleasant look on her face...:(

Doug.38PR

.357 Magnum Remingtons 125 gr SJHP (100 rounds) are $38.99 at walmart. All I wanted was some good defense ammo. Apart from that all they had were boxes of 50 of 110 SJHP or flat nose semi jacketed 125 gr for 50 rounds.

Wasn't about to pay $40 for defense ammo

johnbt

Boy am I happy I started stocking up on cases of Wolf Match Target .22 LR when it was $1.50 a box. :)

Wish I'd bought a few more cases of 9 and .45 when they were reasonable, but I'll extend my range trips by shooting rimfire and make the centerfire ammo last a while.

John

Manedwolf

Well, I won't ever resort to buying Wolf, myself. I don't want to make people at the range dislike me by stinking up the place with whatever propellant obtained from the sulfur lakes of hell is in it.

SkySlash

I could kick myself for not seeing this coming...

About 4 years ago, I bought 1500 rounds of 9mm CCI at Academy for $2.99 a box. I thought about buying some more, but I figured the price was stable.

I shot about 2-300 rounds of my stock and decided to get another 1000 rounds, but balked when I saw the price had gone to $3.99 a box.

Now they want $6.99 a box, and that's a steal compared to most everything else available... :eek:

Wish I'd have been less stingy and bought a few thousand rounds at .078 a round when I still could!

-SS :(

SIGFAN567

Georgia Arms

I would highly recommend Georgia Arms. If you are not familiar with them it is a father son duo last i checked who do commercial reloads. Just a few months ago i bought 500 jacketed 40 S&W rounds for 100 bucks.

Webleymkv

John, I don't know if there is one in your area, but my local Rural King has Federal American Eagle 9mm for $7.99 a box and Blazer Brass and Remington Green box for $8.99 a box. Also, you may consider ordering a large quantity off one of the various internet dealers.

Olive Drab

ammo is nuts these days. I hadnt purchased ammo since 2004 and when I looked at prices, mainly 5.56, it had doubled for 1000 round cases of q313A and the xm193. Ive stocked up on surplus powder and have been loading my own to save some $$.

JohnKSa

Administrator
Rural King
I know a few people who might claim to be one but no stores by that name. :D

I haven't checked at Academy lately, but I suspect that their prices may be slightly better than Wal-Mart's these day.

Webleymkv

Rural King stores are located in Illinois, Indiana, and Kentucky (there could possibly be stores by that name in other states, but I'm not sure).

Hal

Not to be a smart a$$ or anything - but - why (with the cost of transportation <fuel>) is an increase in price on anything a "rude awakening"?

Just be thankfull you don't have the nicotine habit - - I should say "welcome to my world".

2 years ago a carton of cigarettes was around $12.00.
Now they are over $40.00, and going up.

I'll give you all a real head's up tip...

It's still early enough to plant a garden.

You think ammo costs are high? - wait till you see what happens to produce prices in the next few months.

TampaJim

500 rounds for 100 bucks is pretty high for .40 CCI at Wally World in .40 right now would run you 70 bucks

That's better than the $20(+tax)/100 WWB .40 they are getting at Walmart right now. Also, their WWB 38 Special is $24 and change/100. I'm going out at lunchtime to check on the CCI at Walmart.

Thanks,
Jim

ZeSpectre

DICKS is having a sale

Dicks sporting goods is having a sale on .22LR and various shotgun loads if that helps anyone. Also their 9mm prices seem to be staying pretty steady.