Rude Awakening--WWB ammunition prices.

Slopemeno

Buy a decent air pistol. You can shoot in your living room with a small pellet trap. I'd get something like a Daisy 717.

PzGren

I just waited almost two months for 1,000 .44 (.429) LSWC 240gr bullets for about $67 shipped. Since I had ordered the price went up about $8. Many reloading suppliers are backordered on standard components. In the meantime I had ordered 1,000 Remington SJHP for $110 shipped.

Still, I can assemble 1,000 very accurate .44 Magnum cartridges for around $110 to $180 depending on powder and projectile.

MPanova

Thats why I shoot the hell out of Blazer Brass. CCI has not marked there ammo up much if at all during these last few price hikes

seeker_two

With the sudden jump in ammo prices, I'm trying to decide if I want to spend my money getting 9mm dies and components to reload (since I already have a 9mm pistol)....

...or go out & buy a .45ACP pistol since I already have all those components (had to sell the .45 a long time ago).....

Decisions....decisions....maybe I'll do both.... :D

parrothead2581

I've notcied WWB jumping up a lot recently, notablet the .38special, .45acp and 9mm. I remember being able to get the 100rnd box for about $9 just a year or so ago. I'm now shooting CCI Blazer Brass for about $10.99/50.

A local dealer has cases of pmc 9mm at $132/1000. That's the cheapest I can find so I'll be getting some of that while the getting is good....well, decent.

Servo77

I just bought about 800 rounds of WWB at wal-mart for $15.74 a box...it was $14.52 THursday.

Now I will have a good supply of brass....time ot get some reloading equipment!!!

Manedwolf

:rolleyes:

If people are buying 800rds of WWB here and there at the raised prices, you realize you're telling Winchester that their price hike is OKAY, and they'll keep it high, right?

MR.G

Went to Walmart today and bought four one hundred round boxes of 9mm at $15.72 each. The nine looked like a bargain compared to the other caliber prices.

PzGren

I found a case of 1000 WWB 9mm behind the door and I am sure that I had bought them for $9.88/box still:D

Servo77

If people are buying 800rds of WWB here and there at the raised prices, you realize you're telling Winchester that their price hike is OKAY, and they'll keep it high, right?

Problem is, no one in my area carries blazer brass anymore...WWB is the cheapest thing going...so if it goes to $20 a box...I won't be shooting much. Since it hadn't gone up that much, I bought some. I am getting a reloading press and that will be a ton of brass!

D-Man

I was picking up some groceries at the WalMart today, so went over to check on the 9MM WWB pricing - $15.72 still here in PA.

Was the original poster in Texas? If you post current pricing, it might be helpful to state where you are to try and figure out where the prices are going up.

ragabash

My local gunshop has WWB for $6.99/50 9mm and $10.99/50 .45acp.

WM had blazer brass 9mm & .45 for same price.

Cost to reload 9mm won't be worth it until we're talking $10/50.