Pennsylvania- October 30th, 2004- Range Report

Mike_B

Those are Fridays. Are we having a weekday shoot? I can do that with enough notice.
Mike

Doh, you're right. I wasn't looking at the right column on the calendar.

From now on I'll let others suggest the date. I think I saw a Saturday or Sunday involved - Jody or Jamie - that's fine with me. To be honest Friday's are fine with me too, but I work for myself and I'm not married yet so ...

The 28th works for me.

Jody Hudson

I AM a Minister Jamie. Should I wear my Clerical-Collar shirt? Perhaps bring my Clinton size theatrical performance Bible? I AM a fully Ordained Minister, several times over, in several religions as a matter of fact and able to Marry and Bury - I specialize in personal sin research as it turns out - it helps me understand everyone better. :D :eek:

Nov. 28th it is. :)

I look forward to another fine shoot at Water and Wings! :cool:

Arc Angel

:eek: November 28th is a Sunday - Theee Sunday that I get to be R.O. at our local gun club. If I'm breathing, then, I can't back out; I've got to take my turn. I’m pretty sure that Hoseman and Dan1317 will be there; but, this time, without me. Enjoy the shoot, guys! I’ll catch you next time around. :)

9mmMike

I am guessing that there might be some hunters who wish to sight-in on the 28th. I doubt that we'll get the range to ourselves but I could be wrong....
Jamie.............?

Mike

K80Geoff

OK My $.02 if anyone cares.

Hunting season starts on Monday the 29th. Opening day is religion in PA. Everyone and his cousins Uncle will be at the range sighting in. Actually for the vast majority it is the ONLY time they shoot the old Marlin during the year. They always wait untill the day before opening day, always.

The Range will be a Zoo, trust me on this. Hordes of Kerry voters with no sense of range safety who have no clue!

Really bad choice of day for a social shoot. Bad Bad Bad.

OK I have had my say.

9mmMike

Just got back from W&W. Did not get there early enough to shoot though. There is a 15:00 sign-in dealy for sporting clays and we were a half hour late. :(
Anyway, the gal behind the counter says that they are indeed sold but they will remain open until further notice.
I don't know who you've spoken to Jamie but if it's the owner, his employees are contradicting him. The truth? Who knows but if it was developers, they won't build for months or years so as long as the developers are not hassled by the neighbors, W&W will likely remain open. If one of the angry neighbors complains though, I suspect that they'll fold like a cheap suit.
Mike

Jamie Young

I spoke to the owners.

Somebody is lying or somebody is about to get fired.

I'll say something next time I'm up there.

Who knows.

Norton

Sorry guys, won't be able to make the 28th...have a rehearsal for a concert that night. Catch you the next time around......

Arc Angel

:rolleyes: Hmmm! I'm starting to suspect that this range has, indeed, been sold. With typical developer's terms and conditions, it could be years before construction is ready to start. Right now it would be, both, premature and in the present owner/operator's disinterest to have the pending transfer of title divulged. Anybody care to take a hike over to the county recorder's office? Look for a notice of, 'lis pendens' against the block and lot numbers. ;)

Suggest that you start looking around for another place to shoot, guys. :D

Jamie Young

From what I am gathering.... I think there is another side to the story. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that some of the land is being sold and a whole bunch of employees are going bye bye.

A possible divorce?

nvrquit

Hmmm, Possible Divorce...

... thrown in the mix?

Well, it wouldn't the first time that caused the break-up of a business or holding.

AIUI, a divorce is the base reason that Shyda's out in Lebanon closed and is currently in limbo, pending a possible reopening. I say pending, as the sign indicating the date of opening has changed at least twice and now gives no set time line.

Sad, very sad.

Avizpls

So...November 28th at
Water and Wings in East Greensville,PA.
9173 Janes Lane
East Greenville,PA

Correct?

Are you guys welcoming "young punks?" I'll be picking up my pistol on Tuesday, my birthday, and two of my friends, both 21, have just gotten thiers. I know I would look forward to shooting with some more experienced guys.

I live over near Pittsburgh, so this is a long haul someone better give me directions haha Thanks all, and I look forward to the board around here