Is your most carried handgun one you would prefer to defend yourself with?

Is you most carried handgun one you would prefer to defend yourself with?

• Yes

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 45 51.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CDW4ME

Of the concealable handguns owned, is the one carried most a handgun that would be preferred to defend yourself? If not, why not. (Maybe work clothes)

For example, if I had to defend myself with a handgun my 1st pick would be either a Glock 20SF or 35.
However, my most frequently carried handgun is a Glock 23.
Although it is 2nd pick, Glock 23 still qualifies as a handgun I'd prefer in hand to defend myself.

Note:
This is a discussion of handguns, not rifles or shotguns.
In this thread, handguns like full size 1911's or a Glock 17 (examples) are concealable.

BarryLee

I generally carry a G26 and shoot it fairly well. However, if weight/size weren't a consideration I would prefer my 1911 which I shoot much more accurately and consistently.

As a matter of fact I have been working much more with the 1911 and carried it a lot in the winter. However, with the difficultly finding ammo, especially .45acp, and the onset of summer I may move back to the trusty G26.

RickB

I'm a 1911 guy, always have been, but a 6+1, 32oz. "compact" is still a really big gun.
Four years ago, I swapped it for a 7+1 9mm that weighs a little over a pound.
The latter gun is the one I'll have if things go sideways, since it fulfills the first requirement in a gunfight; have a gun.
90% of the rounds I put downrange are through that gun.
That said, if I had to go into an environment for which I could plan ahead, I'd carry a full-sized, 8+1, .45.

mk70ss

I everyday carry a SA Hellcat. Good balance of power/accuracy/size/ammo capacity. If I KNEW I was going to be in a gunfight, I want my Wilson Beretta in hand.

jar

I answered yes but I am quite sure that will puzzle many. My most often carried handgun is my 107 or 108 year old 6.35 FN Browning design Vest Pocket.

If I ever need to use my handgun for self defense it is small enough to always be carried, totally reliable, can be used when held even with my hand against my chest, accurate at BBD range, allowing repeated accurate shots during point shooting and has multiple safeties so can be carried confidently in my pocket.

Are there others with-which I would be equally happy? Yes, of course. But it is and for a long long time has been my constant companion.

TunnelRat

Is this in the same vein as some of your previous threads where you’ve advocated for people to carry larger, more capable handguns as you see them?

Strive to carry the handgun you would want anywhere, everywhere.
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...ead.php?t=609149&share_type=t&link_source=app

Self limited concealed carry
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...ead.php?t=608759&share_type=t&link_source=app

Carrying "less" in a "good" area. Nope, no thanks.
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...ead.php?t=606975&share_type=t&link_source=app

The secret to more than a pocket gun for summer carry, wear a shirt.
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...ead.php?t=602426&share_type=t&link_source=app

In this thread we strive to carry 9mm or larger
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...ead.php?t=597279&share_type=t&link_source=app

In this thread we advocate at least 10 round capacity
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...ead.php?t=579025&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CDW4ME

Is this in the same vein as some of your previous threads where you’ve advocated for people to carry larger, more capable handguns

Wow! I merit that? :)

62d93af94e3efd2661d1745ae2a5f4c9.jpg

This thread is a question, may (or may not) be reflective for some. ;)

pete2

My most carried is a 642 revolver. I would rather have a 1911 or 686 to shoot a bad guy with but neither fits in my pocket. In fact, something belt fed would be best, .50 cal.

44 AMP

Staff
Of the concealable handguns owned, is the one carried most a handgun that would be preferred to defend yourself? If not, why not.

The guns I carry "most" are a Colt Cobra .38Spl or a Mauser HSc .32acp, because they are an easy "drop in the pocket" size. Guns I would prefer to defend myself with are larger size and in larger calibers.

BarbarianCBX

Sig P365 with TLR-6 flashlight/laser in a leather lined pocket holster I made. 13 rds of Sig Sauer 9MM, 124GR, Elite V-Crown, JHP.
5644cfcd23da65e59ac7908c9b9e8041.jpg
83a685835140771081ec02b783f3741e.jpg
1b4dcdf51b25e309c82d24d89e827719.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mike38

Of my concealable handguns, which would be three, a Kel-Tec P32 a S&W J frame and a Taurus PT22PLY, I carry the Kel-Tec the most, but would rather use the S&W in a self defense situation. The reason I don't carry the S&W much is because it's all steel and too heavy.

RKG

Given a choice, I would prefer to defend myself with a rifle or a shotgun. Either can be, among other things, a bit cumbersome to carry everywhere and every day. If confined to a handgun, then yes, I would prefer one of the pistols I carry every day.

Trey45

There's almost always a J frame in my pocket. If I had my choice I would prefer to defend myself with a Mossberg 930 Tactical.

Urbanrecon

Op, what's your game, man?? Regarding your initial proposition, I don't consider Glock 17 or full size 1911 model pistols particularly concealable.

It should be obvious I would prefer an AR pistol in an intermediate rifle cartridge to defend myself!

Ken61

I pocket carry a J frame, but if I had to play you bet you a** with a pistol I choose my HK USP 45.

CDW4ME

Op, what's your game, man?? Regarding your initial proposition, I don't consider Glock 17 or full size 1911 model pistols particularly concealable.

Game? Its a question, seems simple.

A Glock 23 is easily concealed under any shirt I wear.
Glock 17 size is concealable too. ;)
I'm 6'1 about 200#
Typical summer clothes in FL:
attachment.php

Glock 35 - I'm leaned over a bit and the grip wouldn't print:
attachment.php

Attachments

• FLsummer1.jpg
    FLsummer1.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 709
  • FLsummer3.jpg
    FLsummer3.jpg
    585.7 KB · Views: 533

RETG

Have never carried a handgun that I didn't feel was something I would not be satisfied with and capable of using for protection. Not sure why someone would!