in your opinion, are guns like the uzi, mac series, and tech 9s pointless these days?

Nathan

To me, those guns are great historical items, but guns like the MP5 clones, scorpion, Sig MCS?? or B&T stuff seem more ergonomic, more suppressor ready and more controllable in rapid fire.

My money will probably go towards these.

Last edited:

Electrod47

Original Question: "in your opinion, are guns like the uzi, mac series, and tech 9s pointless these days?"

Back in the day, there weren't many options for high capacity stow away kinda rigs in Pistol caliber. Except heavy for size military rigs, Sterling etc.( I'm not forgetting the Browning High-Power.)

These guns kinda caught everybody's imagination and were mostly inexpensive
( except the Uzi).
Today you got plastic pistols that can carry 17 rounds in a normal package w/30 rounders available etc. Polymer seems to have outlasted stamped metal. Who knew?
Curiosity pieces are never pointless.

Last edited:

Metric

No doubt they are great fun.

But at this particular point in time, I'm trying to increase my ammo reserve, not blow through it.

highpower3006

I have a few civilianized sub gun clones (Uzi, MAC10, a MP5 clone and a CZ Scorpion). I bought them just because I like the way they look and never once had a thought that they were going to be my ultimate self defense weapon. I also have a couple of SBR rifles and quite honestly if I felt that I needed to bail out the back door and take on an intruder, I would ten times rather use my AR15 SBR with the suppressor over any 9mm semi auto sub gun clone.

They are fun to shoot though, and I love pulling them out and blasting away. The Uzi and MAC10 get tons of attention at the range. I have been impressed with the long range accuracy of the CZ Scorpion and the AP5 using a RDS.

I think too many people have the mindset that every gun they have just has to fit into some kind of defense role, instead of having some guns just because you want to have a bit of fun shooting them.

Sharkbite

take on an intruder, I would ten times rather use my AR15 SBR with the suppressor over any 9mm semi auto sub gun clone.

And thats exactly why you dont see many (if any) Tac teams rolling with SMG’s of any type Anymore. Anything that can be done with a SMG, can be done better with a SBR.

I have a 300 black out SBR that will outshine ANY SMG out there.

Alan0354

Well I can think of a few reasons to own those:
1) I can tell people I own one.
2) It looks mean!!
3) Show off to people!!

Honestly, for self defense, I don't see any reason.

CUBAN REDNECK

I've shot all three, with the Uzi and the Mac being in full-auto. The TEC-9 is basically garbage. I would take the Uzi and Mac any day of the week. If I had the money I'd get a $200 tax stamp and $10-20K plus and buy the Uzi and a Mac. The Uzi and Mac are easy to manipulate, shoot, conceal, and carry. The open bolt on both the Uzi and the Mac are not an issue, IMHO.