I'm so concealed! Tales of the upscale market.

Paul B.

Marmot is also a producer of outdoor clothing. I have a down vest and coat that are quite good. Don't know what else the make but I like my down stuff.
Paul B.

Glenn E. Meyer

The liability idea is that if a customer legally carries and then goes beserk - like saying you have labeled the Frommage de Meaux as Brie de Meaux whips out the gun from your Glock box and shoots up the place - the store is liable for letting guns in.

Next, if there is a critical incident and Mr. Glock Box, to stop a robbery or whatever, whips it out and shoots an innocent the store is liable.

Last, an employee might go nuts and liability ensues.

On another note, some stores are ideologically opposed to the gun world and oppose gun ownership. Even free range Glocks or Organic Berettas are no good.

rickyrick

Lol, some people don't pick up sarcasm very well.

Since beretta is Italian and glock is Austrian, they should be welcomed amongst the tré-shiek
Whole foods and natural grocers, I carry a beretta and I wear a beret. At walmart it's Taurus and a "who farted?" Trucker cap.

Skans

I was going to eat popcorn and enjoy the banter on this one. But, I do have just one question: If you own a gun-related T-shirt, when should you wear it, assuming that you also routinely carry?

Glenn E. Meyer

I don't wear gun related shirts or hats while doing day to day things. I will wear such to a match as the context is different.

I do wear gun related t-shirts to work out in the school gym as a statement.

Koda94

ive never understood the desire to advertise you own weapons. It doesnt make sense to me to conceal a gun then dress like an advertisement for guns...

I suppose I should go make some popcorn now...

rickyrick

I agree, the less you look like a "gun guy" while concealing, the better.

But, it seems that some people like to advertise guns being how they get snippie when it's mentioned.

I have a personal rule that I don't advertise anything unless compensated for it.

I will never purchase any attire that displays a brand name:
Ruger
Glock
Harley
Chevy
Ford
Yamaha
Whirlpool
Stihl
And so on.

At the minimum I should get the attire for free, I feel I should get paid to wear it around.
If given as SWAG, I'll usually wear it around the house doing chores.

I've used many a Harley shirt as a rag to wash my truck with.
I have no problem using a firearm related shirt to wipe up oil spots with, that's all the value they hold for me.
I've used a few NRA hats as targets before. I've never wore one

SPEMack618

I've gotten made as a "gun guy" due to style of dress and mannerisms before. But it was by other gun guys or security type dudes.

The regulation high and tight probably didn't help either.

I have a bunch of Duck's Unlimited shirts and CCA shirts, but other than that most of my day to day wear is girlfriend/little sister selected, so I'm not a walking bill board; other than maybe for North Face.

In all seriousness, I do most of my grocery shopping at Kroger, even more so after the Mommies got in a twist about them.

I only go to Whole Foods when mandated by Household-Six.

I used to wear a watch worth more than my Glock.

I regularly see petite women who probably aren't armed wearing rings worth 5-10 times what my Glock is worth. I know one older woman who has a $60,000 engagement ring.

What criminal is going to attack me if they know I am carrying a Glock with those targets around?

44 AMP

Staff
I wonder how much a Glock is worth on the black market?

What the market will bear. I have no idea how many dollars that is, but generally "hot" guns either run more than "cold" ones, because a criminal can't buy one legally, and so must either steal it themselves, or pay what is asked by those who did.

OR

They run much cheaper than legal guns, because only criminals will buy them.

SO, a $100 pocket jammomatic might be a $500 gun to a criminal who needs a gun, and your $2000 Python might be a $50 score for the junkie who ripped it off.

I understand its a very situational thing.

Glenn E. Meyer

Selling jewelry may not be as lucrative as the quick sale of a gun. I've read thieves make very little on jewelry. Diamonds are worth crap on the regular resale market. For fences, probably very little.

Diamonds are worth crap on the regular resale market. For fences, probably very little.
Yes, but from what I understand, they're easier to fence than guns. That's part of the equation. A gun is a serialized item, and walking around with one jammed in my pocket might get noticed. No pawnbroker is going to give me anything for it unless he's run the numbers.

rickyrick

Not all crime is about money, some criminals may actually see a gun as more valuable than a wedding ring.

A wedding ring won't cause fear and intimidation to future victims and it would be difficult to harm someone with jewelry.

A criminal can accomplish much with a gun.

A Ruger T-shirt wouldn't go very far in self defense either