How many more Polymer-framed, Striker-fired Service Pistols do we really want or need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmodragoon

I’m seeing the YouTube experts start to come out of the woodwork with Sig P365 striker and trigger bar spring failures and I’m wondering whether it’s worthwhile to be an early adapter for a new model release, when you have a darn good chance of being yet another Sig beta tester to help identify & resolve their QC problems! And you have to pay for this privilege!

A few have failed during the course of YouTube reviews. It happened on the Military Arms Channel. Also note the marks it leaves on the primer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYCCQjx0M8M

Rob228

Because it came up in a post or two.....

"Double Strike capability" is a marketing gimmick for people who do not train to fight with their firearms.

Pulling the trigger again when you got a "click" instead of a "bang" just increased the time it will take you to solve the problem and get back into the fight. Maybe that round will pop when you hit it again, maybe it won't. I'm not going to trust my life to "maybe".

TunnelRat

Because it came up in a post or two.....

"Double Strike capability" is a marketing gimmick for people who do not train to fight with their firearms.

Pulling the trigger again when you got a "click" instead of a "bang" just increased the time it will take you to solve the problem and get back into the fight. Maybe that round will pop when you hit it again, maybe it won't. I'm not going to trust my life to "maybe".

So I'd make two comments on this. In the current day US we are fortunate to have access to good quality ammunition. This isn't/hasn't always been true elsewhere. In those cases being able to hit the primer a second time rather than ejecting rounds when there is no guarantee the next round will be much better could be considered an advantage. Secondly, while I agree with the ability to do malfunction drills being important, I have seen people in fast strings of fire press that trigger a second time simply because they were in a rhythm. In those cases they got a bang. Depending on the situation recognizing that you just got a click might not always happen instantly. In a number of cases it was because their hammer springs were getting weak, but that can happen in the real world as well (obviously preventative maintenance is important). As for it being a marketing gimmick for people that don't train, yes and no. Recognize that for some time the typical service weapon was DA/SA. Those people still trained to fight, but for some of the reasons I listed above those firearms we're designed a certain way.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.