Help me decide on a compact carry 9mm auto

Which compact carry 9mm would you choose?

• Springfield Armory EMP

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • SIG Sauer 239 SAS

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Para-Ordnance PDA (PXT LDA)

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Kahr Arms PM9

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other (please recommend)

Votes: 49 39.2%

• Total voters

LanceOregon

The Walther PPS is a nice compact gun, as you can see it here being held inside a hand:

DSC01575.jpg

It's main advantage is how very THIN it is, compared to other guns. It is even thinner than my Kahr PM9, which is considered to be a thin gun itself. Although it is a bit longer in length than a PM9, as you can see here in this comparison photo that I took of my guns, showing how thin the PPS ( the gun on the right ) is:

PPS_PM9_above_email.jpg

See this web page for a full review of the PPS:

http://www.gunblast.com/Walther-PPS.htm

If you really want the smallest gun possible, the Kahr PM9 is hard to beat regarding its overall small size and light weight, as you can see in this photo of my PM9:

pm9_keys_small.jpg

samuraimizu

other

All i have is the beretta 92fs compact. But for a single stack compact gun this is nice if you can find one. The type M is what youll be looking for.

dosjoel

Glock 26

I have owned and carried the following (with comments)

Macharov (heavy, inaccurate)
knockoff PPS (heavy, POS)
Kahr PM 40 (too big, some problems)
Kimber Tac Pro II .45 (the gun that won't let you love it! Lovely if it shoots)
Sig P239 (deadly accurate, too big, heavy, not enough rounds)
Kel tec P3AT (Back to factory before it would shoot. Too small for my hands)
Kep tec P9 (just did not like it. Not an accurate gun)
Taurus 5 shot .38 spl. ultra lite. (very low firepower)

After all that I end up with the one gun I have always distained. The Glock. Why? The 26 is the not the smallest, but with a 10-12 round mag it is deadly. None of the guns listed exceed it in close quarters accuracy. I can hit bulls eyes all day at gunfight range (20-30 feet). Those big white sights are just right for my old tired eyes. It is a dream.

Having said that, I am the first to mention that carry guns are very subjective. What you love, may not work for me and vice versa. So happy hunting, but give the G26 a try!