Hardest gun to fieldstrip and reassemble

hhersh

Reassembly Nightmare...?

:eek:No doubt at all...Ruger Mark series...been doin it for 40 years still need instruction booklet !!!:barf:Are you listening Ruger ???:mad:

Yung.gunr

Note to self:

Don't ever buy a Ruger Mark series. By the looks of things they are the worst to field strip. My XD and Beretta 9000S are easy enough I could do it in my sleep.

Try a walther sp22... 3 different allen wrenches, roll pins, an overly complex trigger mech assembly, little springs that love to fly everywhere... my first field strip, clean and assembly was 3 hours :eek: ... now i've cut it down to about an hour to an hour and a half for full strip down and assembly... but i rely on my bore snake and brushes rather than actually stripping it because of the headache

Jimmy10mm

When I first got my Delta Gold Cup it was brutal. The solid guide rod being the bone of contention. When a friend tipped me to leaving the slide intact, removing the slide stop and then, with the slide removed, disassembling the barrel and guide rod it became a lot easier.

m_liebst

ruger mklll-field strip n back together under 60 seconds.

who ever is complaing about the mklll hasn't field stripped too many other brand models. ruger has several youtube videos. yess, the first time takes a bit, but if you can't figure it out with unlimited resources, ya probably shouldn't own a pistol
:confused:

WHY HAS RUGER DONE it FOR 40 YEARs+? because it works fine. -ruger doesn't care to change function and design cause what they've made works perfectly and serves to the millions. lay off the doobie and i'm certain the simplicity of field stripping will come back to ya without needen the manual.

Last edited:

Venom1956

Mk series. Blued ones are a Nightmare. I have several nicks on mine after my first try. To be fair mine had some broken parts (used i didn't know) so it really didn't go back together right. I haven't dared to take it apart since then.

lefteye

My Ruger MK II certainly wasn't easy. But after studying my Para Ordnance CCO and internet commentary on it's complexity, I'm afraid it will be extremely difficult to strip, clean and reassemble. (Any advice based on actual experience would be appreciated.)

Dragline45

As long as you have a paper clip, hammer, chizel and a bulldozer, the Marks are easy! j/k

haha man that made me laugh. My 22/45 is a pain to strip compared to any other gun I have handled but its really not all that hard. But its true even after field stripping the gun 10 times I still need a rubber mallet to whack the barrel off and on the frame each time, and a small wooden dowell to knock out the pin holding the bolt in, and the paper clip to pull out the hinge on the back of the grip. Guess I was lucky I didnt need the bulldozer

mikejonestkd

Colt woodsman,, closely followed by a ruger mark III.

Once you strip them a few times it becomes easy, but the learning curve is frustrating.

Walter

Double Naught Spy said
For me, it has been a Stoeger Luger .22lr pistol made around the 1970s. I have no plans to strip it down ever again. If it ever gets that dirty, I will just buy and ultrasonic and fill it with gun cleaner and drop the whole thing in the fluid and let is run for a few hours. The time and expense will be offset by the savings of time and use of foul language that will upset my household.

Walter

Worst ever.....

The gun you don't have while people rip on Hi Points. Then you have to clean your car keys after you threw them which may or may not have hit the BG. I hate that. Hi Points are all American made so send you bucks to other countries while we have employment problems here. Nuf said.

orionengnr

I have absolutely no idea what the dude in the post above mine was trying to say....but then again, neither does he. :rolleyes: Once he gets out of rehab, we'll ask him again. Probably be 60 days or so.

That said... Ruger MkII.
I do it, I just don't look forward to doing it.