Hardest gun to fieldstrip and reassemble

davidh5000

I was just wondering out of curiosity, what do you guys think is the hardest guns to fieldsstip, clean, and reassemble?

jimbob86

Of the guns I have disassembled/reassembled before the Ruger MarkIII gave me the most trouble. After some practice, it is not difficult at all.

davidh5000

I had a CZ 27 that always gave me fits when it came time to clean it. I liked the gun, but I sure don't miss it any.:mad:

Brian48

The Ruger MK series is pretty easy once you do it a few times. For me, it's any gun that requires a specialized tool to take down (i.e. Walther PK380), only because you're screwed if you lose that tool. Otherwise, I haven't any handguns in recent memory that was too difficult to take down.

G. Freeman

A springfield armory longslide with the bull barrel. I know how to do it properly without leaving any scratches on it, but it is slower to reassemble.

For me, it has been a Stoeger Luger .22lr pistol made around the 1970s. I have no plans to strip it down ever again. If it ever gets that dirty, I will just buy and ultrasonic and fill it with gun cleaner and drop the whole thing in the fluid and let is run for a few hours. The time and expense will be offset by the savings of time and use of foul language that will upset my household.

chasep255

Well the hardest thing I regularly do is disassemble my Mauser bolt. Its not complicated or anything but the spring is so tight that it is painful holding it down and putting it back together.

FoxtrotRomeo

I think it would be my Desert Eagle. Gotta turn the bolt right if you tear down the slide, kinna like tearing down and reassembling my AR. If you're not used to it I could see it being tricky. However for the most part, both the Deagle and the AR are pretty easy to reassemble. Only thing easier would be an AK, glocks, XDs and 1911s (not necessarily in that order).

Dwight55

I was told you need a ball peen hammer, . . . a series of pin punches, . . . and a vise to do a High Point, . . . don't know for sure, . . . don't own one, . . . don't expect to.

May God bless,
Dwight

RickB

The toughest that I've actually both stripped and reassembled? Ruger .22.
The one that I've started to tear down a couple of times, then thought better of it? Colt Pocket Model M (.32/.380).

Bamashooter

Hi-Point is hard if you dont have 3 hands. The hardest one I have ever tried to get back together was an Ortgies until a gunsmith friend of mine showed me a trick.