Handguns you'd love to own but never will...

alex0535

A Colt Python, wouldn't even care if it wasn't pristine. Would only encourage me to shoot it.

Gemini Custom's Ruger GP100 or even an SP101. They turn a utilitarian revolver into a work of art.

A 1911 older than the oldest 1911 I have ever shot. Given that the oldest one I have shot is now 102, it would have to have been made in the year 1911. It preformed like it was 1912. A testament to the design and potential lifespan of this design.

SRT Arms integrally suppressed Ruger .22, I might obtain one of these one day though. A removable suppressor is a lot more versatile, but I just like the clean look of it.

A Cabot Gun South Paw 1911, being a left handed shooter I like guns made for left handed people. The price on it is ridiculous, For much less than $5000 I can deal with adapting my shooting style to make a right handed gun work for me.

Sevens

A Cabot Gun South Paw 1911, being a left handed shooter I like guns made for left handed people. The price on it is ridiculous, For much less than $5000 I can deal with adapting my shooting style to make a right handed gun work for me.
Begin your search for a Randall Portsider! ;)

On the subject, I chatted with one of the Cabot guys and he said they put everything they had in to their left handed 1911 but still weren't satisfied in how well it ran-- they kept stumbling a bit when they wanted perfection. Eventually, they found a means to that end when they elected to build the barrel with reverse-twist rifling. They believe that was the missing piece.

I've seen the Cabot guns up close and was even invited to handle one but I politely declined. To me, it was like standing in front of a painting. I could appreciate all I was ever going to get from it without running my hands over it. (well, that would be a more realistic comparison if it just so happened that I actually appreciated paintings... the way I do handguns. :p)

KeeperOath

Desired, but will likely never own...

A collector grade 1st Generation Colt SAA (tribute to my Great-Grandfather)

A collector grade WWI P08 (tribute to my Grandfather)

A collector grade WWII M1911A1 (tribute to my Father)

Any collector grade WWII firearm made by International Harvester (tribute to my Father)

Let me win a big enough Lottery and I might be able to own all the above firearms. Yes, I'll post photos of these new additions to the Schmidt Family Collection.

simonrichter, I have family friends with the Richter Family name.

saleen322

I guess if I had to pick one, it would be a P210. While I like the P210 I have a 952 Smith and I would not see me shooting the P210 even if I had one. Maybe a distant second would be a Python. Not much interest but if I saw one cheap, I would buy it like people now buy cheap 22 ammo even if it is not something they shoot just because of the demand for it driving up the price.

Willie Lowman

A long barreled artillery Luger with the stock/holster and snail mag.

German%20Artillery%20Luger.jpg

Last edited:

Mastrogiacomo

I wonder if the German Lugar was as hard as the Ruger Mark II/III to take apart and clean? You've got to wonder about a gun company that designs a great gun that's an absolute bear to take apart. Not one person was able to design anything easier to clean. When you need a rubber mallet to take it down, it's too complicated.....

Laura

orionengnr

I would like to own a really, really nice 1911. Something that someone would say, "You actually shoot that?" "That's too beautiful to shoot"!
Actually...keep your eyes open.
I missed a Wilson for $900, and picked up a Les Baer for $1100.
Not that hard to do.

Joking aside:
A high-dollar 1911 like a Wilson. I would love to have a CQB but I can never imagine spending $3000 on a handgun (or any gun actually.)
see above.

Probably a Wilson Combat 1911, and a Desert Eagle.
They're nice, but I don't particularly have an inclination to own them.
Guess you have a reading comprehension problem. Go back and read the title of the thread :rolleyes:
"Would love to own but never will"...""don't particularly have an inclination to own".

One of these things is not like the other.

Please go and slap your fourth grade English teacher in the face.

Or admit to the fact that you have not the slightest clue.

Thank you. :mad:

Last edited:

James K

Member In Memoriam
Never going to happen and I have little interest in repros, but holster, belt, and pocket Colt Patersons. A Volcanic, Jennings, and Henry would be nice also (again, no repros).

Jim

9mmfan

Never?
Sig P210 (Original or "Legend")-could never justify the expense.
Mauser C96-probably couldn't shoot it.
Luger P08-maybe?

damienph

As long as we're dreaming... a NIB pre-war (WW2) Commercial Colt Government Model. And yes, I would shoot it.

Last edited:

JNad

Dreaming:

Any Nighthawk Custom 1911, but I like the T3 best.

I would love to have a Dan Wesson revolver barrel set.

and I know its not a handgun, but a Kreighoff K-20.

pete2

I just don't have them yet, Wile Clapp Commander is already on the way. Didn't even know I wanted it til I handled one.

Still need a S&W model 18 and ????????????????