Giving up my revolver

B.L.E.

I don't think it has rifling. That spiral scratch you see in the bore probably happened when the machinist pulled the boring bar out of the barrel while it was still turning on the lathe.

SpareMag

Is this the new Modular Handgun System DoD is looking for? Capable of a variety of projectiles, can be NATO-compliant with minimal conversion, fires US or Metric -sized lead, minimal effort to field strip with no tools required....

K_Mac

The 'everyone shot point-blank with a cannon is dead' comment notwithstanding, it is a well known internet fact that any defensive weapon in a caliber that does not start with a 4 is completely inadequate. This weapon would be fine as backup or for stopping smaller predators such as squirrels and feral rabbits though.:)

Tin Foil

originally posted by Super Sneaky Steve

Giving up my revolver

Up until now I've always carried a revolver. They were simple and reliable, or so I thought.
Have you ever opened one up? Lots of moving parts! And they can all malfunction. Even having a trigger mechanism means you have metal rubbing on metal and eventually that means it will wear down and fail.

That's why the Ruger LCR has been hailed as the greatest advancement in firearms over last few decades since the invention of slice bread. :)
They sell so many now that they can't keep up with production. The LCR line alone out sells all other manufactures combine. And no one sells more guns than Ruger.

Like the old Timex watch of yesteryear, "takes a lick'n and keeps on tick'n" And in only 5 years of production is already in the Smithsonian, the museum of Art and buried in a time capsule under Mount Rushmore for future generations to appreciate American ingenuity.
________

Harry%20Cline_zpsmcsvh9hw.jpg

sweet%20pea_zpsrqu51bz0.jpg

kilimanjaro

Does Hand Gonne Control know about this? Did you buy the slow match over the internet? Will those bullets pierce a suit of armor?

Sharkbite

I just ordered one. On sale for $40

Holy CRAP, that thing is cool. I cant wait to play with it on the range. Im assuming it comes with load data?:rolleyes:

Anybody ever shot one?

Sharkbite

Wow...ordered one this morning and just got a shipment notice less than 4 hours. NICE!!

In watching the vids on the website, the guy has powder in a folded piece of paper to act as a funnel. He doesnt appear to measure at all:eek: just pours some in and tamps it down.

Hoping for load data incld in the package...more to follow

44 AMP

Staff
I don't know about that hand cannon, but the traditional "full charge" for a musket is enough powder to cover the ball.

Rangerrich99

When does the polymer version come out?

Seriously, that is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. The video on the site is hilarious.

Sharkbite

The little beastie came in the mail yesterday. VERY nice fit and finish. It looks like it will be a blast :)D) to shoot

One issue..zero load data anywhere. The website says blackpowder FFFg but no mention of how much. Not being a black powder guy, im kinda in the dark here.

Anybody got any info on loading this little guy?

.357SIG

I ordered one. $40 and free shipping? Hell yes! One of the customer videos on the website plays out a home invasion defensive shooting scenario! Pretty funny.