Demro/Foxco TAC-1 carbine

jaycjr

I have a Demro in 45. Missing the charging handle. I'm looking for some pics of one so I can have one made. If anyone can help you can contact me at jaycjr@cox.net. Also is there a spring that goes between the bolt and the bolt carrier?

bignfast

I have rubber anti skid feet mentioned in a previous post if anyone needs them. Also in response to subzero. I need an extractor for the 9mm demro, so if its possible let me know a price on a copy of yours. I have the spring, thank you.

Last edited:

BM59GUY

My First Post

I just became the Proud Owner of an origonal Fox Carbine in .45 ACP. It is in mint almost unfired condition. Luckily the buffer has already been replaced with what appears to be white Delrin, it is a hard nylon/plastic looking material. I have not fired it yet and before I do I would like to know if I should replace the buffer with a softer rubber-like material? If so I would definitely be interested in some one selling me some new anti-skid pads for my ladder or telling me what material is best to use. I am capable of doing my own repairs. Thank You in advance for Your response. I hope someone responds soom as I am chomping at the bit to take this baby to the range and run some rounds through her. :D

MMcfpd

BM59GUY I fire mine (a Tri-C model) with a Delrin buffer. I don't think you should go to soft rubber. I have seen pictures of one supposedly fired without a buffer where the back of the receiver had cracked and separated, rendering the gun useful for parts only.

demro 45 cal

have had my demro 45 cal for over 30 years and its been a closet queen all that time. Would anyone hazard a guess what they are worth in todays market? I know that open bolt guns are as rare as hens teeth but still. Also are there any parts avail for them or conversion bbls and bolts. 9 mm is so much easier to shoot than 45. Would love to hear from others that have and shoot these little beasts. you can reach me at hk22045 at aol.com :D

Skans

I know that this is an old thread, but I hope it doesn't get locked because its contains excelent information for those that have the Demro / Fox carbines. I have a Demro Tac-1 .45. It's a neat gun. The information in this thread regarding the buffers is CRUCIAL to those that have these collectable guns.

I've never fired mine, but I do want to get one of those delrin buffers - if anyone still makes them.

44 AMP

Staff
In today market, probably $800+, which is absolutely rediculous for such a piece of crap gun, but then, thats about what the open bolt Cobrays were going for the last time I saw one, and they aren't a good gun either.

open bolt guns are really, really frowned on by the BATF, and even though technically still legal, nobody will make them anymore. IT has to do with the "readily convertable to full auto" language in the laws.

Back in the early 80s the ATF was in court with Cobray over their guns, and while I'm not sure exactly how it was finally settled, I do know that some dealers were "discouraged" from delivering the open bolt guns to customers at that time. And, Cobray did change their M11/9 to a closed bolt operation.

As a collector's item, the Demro is an example of an era. As a good shootable gun (that will last) its not. They were cheap junk when the Tommygun (semi) sold for $250. They're still cheap junk, just able to bring more cash on the market today than when new.

bignfast

chibardun.net

delrin is way to hard the buffers i make r a hard oil resistant rubber that perform for a lifetime. if anyone interested contact me leave me a message with contact info

Last edited:

foxcarbine

On the contrary, Delrin is perfect for Fox and Demro Carbine type buffers. We have even used aluminum successfully.

A buffer without good rigidity could compress too much allowing for the rear of the bolt to make contact with the drive spring rod pad or even the back of the receiver housing with certain bolts The bolt dimensions varied over time and manufacture. Also, if the material is not rigid enough the bolt could have a tendancy to ride up putting stress on the top cover.

This information is provided by John Hoover, one of the original owners of the Tri-C corporation in Meriden, Connecticut. I am helping him provide the history of the gun and recollections of his good friend and former business partner Gerard Fox. You can see more information at foxcarbine.com .

joezeta

Bringing this back Again....

i picked one up recently.....Buffer needed to be replaced.....there is a seller on Gunbroker Stephen King in CT who i believe was affiliated with the original production....

I purchased a Buffer from him, $16 or $17.00 Fit perfect...
Im waiting on a Take down pin that he hopefully will be supplying...

One of the Eyelets on the lower broke off/missing......i need to have something grafted on to repair...

Reason for the post..... i NEED A MANUAL, Copy is fine.....taking this thing apart....im not as smart as others....i need some instructions !!

Any help appreciated......Will buy copy, etc....

10i9v1w.jpg

Thankyou, Joe JOEZETA@AOL.COM

joezeta

Just got the pin from the same seller....... he has some interesting NOS parts as well.....Folding Stock, Barrels...

Still looking to purchase a copy/scan of the original manual in regards to disassembly/assembly...

Thanks, Joe

bignfast

buffers/ extractors

I have a 9mm demro. I have buffers that are great heavy duty will last a lifetime, I've put hundreds of rounds through mine with no problems. Also I have extractors for the 9mm version made out of a way better tool steel than original version made to exact specs of factory original. If interested let me know

cptbhern

I just purchased a Demro Tac-1 9mm.
It is missing the extractor.
Does any one know where to buy an extractor or a full size drawing or picture of the extractor?

4njdevils

I know this thread is very old, but if any sees this and know where I can purchase a buffer...please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated.

LotsaTiques

Hi All, saying hello and with a problem.

I have a rare (but not all that valuable) Demro, Tac 1 semi auto rifle in 9mm. The extractor is missing. Would anyone have the specs or info on where I can get one? If I had the old one I could have my gunsmith make me one but alas, I do not have it. if any of you have one that you'd possibly lend me I would gladly pay you and send it back to you timely. I'd just need to borrow it to have my gunsmith copy it - I'd guarantee it won't get damaged. I'd also be willing to put up cash (any amount). The rifle is not a shooter without the extractor. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks for any help.

Best,

David (Cape Cod)

LotsaTiques@aol.com

mbv1946

Hello, I have a tac 1 and I am looking for someone or somewhere to get a buffer and a forward wooden hand grip. If anyone has any info I would much appreciate it.
Thanks