CZ P-10 C Glock 19 Killer?

Buckeye!

cz p-10 ?

I have not seen one at any of the LGS or Pawn Shops in this area ....

So I don't see it replaceing the Glock 17 or 19

armoredman

Nope, only T&E samples are in the States right now. Should be shipments coming in end of this month or beginning of next month, depending what they can cram on to the plane. :)

PP99, the reviews I've seen said with magazine inserted the grip length difference between the two is negligible. I don't know for a fact myself, since I don't own a P-10C yet and I won't own a Glock 19. No, nothing bad towards the sidearm - it just doesn't fit me worth a tinkers damn.

ftttu

My motto is "to each their own" so I don't care what people like best or works best for them other than just in discussion. So if this new CZ isn't a "Glock killer", what would it take be?

I've never had a CZ, and I don't desire a full sized Glock anymore due to absolutely hating "Glock knuckle" caused by the trigger guard. I could get the trigger guard milled, but I don't want to have to do that.

I believe CZ is going after Glock market share, mainly because the P-10 fits in Glock holsters, allowing LE agencies to transition easily. I'd say that would be a factor to many agencies during their decision making.

So, for those of you with Glock 17/19 holsters, the CZ pistol would be your only expense. Sounds good to me since my retirement barely gets me down the road.

Walt Sherrill

ftttu said:
My motto is "to each their own" so I don't care what people like best or works best for them other than just in discussion. So if this new CZ isn't a "Glock killer", what would it take be?

What would it take to BECOME a Glock Killer? (I'm not sure that's what you asked...)

If you mean here in the U.S., they'd want to go after the LEO market, and that would probably require production facilities in the U.S. And THAT, arguably, would take a lot of money. FNH, which is larger than CZ, has set up a factory here in the U.S., as has Glock and SIG, so it's arguably not out of the question.

Powernoodle

About 19 highly improbable things would have to happen before we even begin to consider the P-10 as a commercial threat to Glock. They just aren't going to happen. All too often we see new guns characterized as Glock killers, revolutionary or game changers. And all have fallen to the side.

I quite like what I see about the P-10, and will own one if I can find one someday. But unless something changes, the P-10 will be just one more in a long line of sweet polymer striker pistols.

sigarms228

About 19 highly improbable things would have to happen before we even begin to consider the P-10 as a commercial threat to Glock. They just aren't going to happen. All too often we see new guns characterized as Glock killers, revolutionary or game changers. And all have fallen to the side.

I quite like what I see about the P-10, and will own one if I can find one someday. But unless something changes, the P-10 will be just one more in a long line of sweet polymer striker pistols.

I agree but I don't think they have all fallen by the wayside. The PPQ and VP9 for example are terrific pistols and sell very well but I agree that they will never become dominant in the SF market place like Glock. There is plenty room in the consumer end of the market for many players.

Powernoodle

I agree but I don't think they have all fallen by the wayside.

What I meant was that none have lived up to the mantra of "game changer" or "Glock killer".

Yeah, its a good time to be a fan of polymer, striker-fired guns: Glock, M&P, XD, Walther, SIG P320 (that's on my belt) and so on. And now CZ joins the club with that looks like a real player.