CZ P-10 C Glock 19 Killer?

Buckeye!

2hpkksl.jpg

I will keep my 19

Brit

To topple Glock will take a lot of marketing and support.
-convince my LE department and several others to buy it.
-supply local armorers classes every few months.
-have every spare part available through the largest online firearms supply companies.
-get the major holster companies to have product immediately available.
-get a few LE/Mil agencies/depts. to have tested & selected it over all other competitors.

The feel of the trigger becomes a minor aspect of why a handgun can be considered better.

Until some folks take the chance and use it for an extended time, it'll be hard to break into the market to demonstrate real-world reliability. In my old-age, I've stopped spending money to be the "first on the block" aka a "beta tester". I'd like to see some testimonials of folks who have carried & used the gun with a minimum of 10,000 rounds through it before I'd buy an entirely brand-new design.

For the person who buys a gun and will likely put no more than 1,000 rounds through it per year, possibly, in its entire lifetime of the owner, a new gun which feels good may be fine, however.

It's not easy to break into a saturated market. Even Glock's new "FBI" models (the 17M and later the 19M) are yet to even be delivered after they were sent back for problems.

There are several companies which would love to break into the market in a big/bigger way: S&W, Walther, SIG, HK, Beretta, FNH, and others which somehow aren't in the position to attempt trying (Colt, Kimber, Springfield-Armory, Taurus). The market and business is tough & cruel.

I agree Sir! The only way to gussy up my Glock 19s (the Gen 4 is my preferred carry model, best grip finish) is the addition of some Glock factory parts, and a couple of non Glock items.

First, and most important, sights, Truglo all green, fiber optic sights.
Butt plug, improves Magazine changes. Glock, extended slide release (I know they call it a slide lock lever!) tell that to Sevigny!

The Glock 3.5 connector, gives a 4.5lb release.
The bigger mag release, dug into my second finger, trimmed the corner off.

Now perfect!

With the pistol holstered, trigger finger check? Proof of round seated, brush finger across wee square on extractor. The very black finish on the slide is still perfect, after every day carry. Shot a 240 on the Security G lic test.

Happiness is a warm gun? Or something like that.

HighValleyRanch

Opps,
looks like someone forgot to inform the Navy SEALs about the Glock 19 being toppled by the CZ P-10

re:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwcnaQWE9uM

I guess internet experts know more than they do....
like Trump knows more then the generals!LOL

Buckeye,
I got a 2nd gen 19 just like yours. Mine is serial FMxxx, so new in 1989, the year I bought mine, and still going strong.

Walt Sherrill

looks like someone forgot to inform the Navy SEALs about the Glock 19 being toppled by the CZ P-10

The US Special Ops Command has acquired a lot of Glocks over the past year or two -- and not just for SEALS. (A lot of those "special" units, however, probably can choose from a variety of great weapons, depending on the mission. I think some Ranger and Marine units working with Special Ops are using Glocks, too.)

One of the requirements for any large-scale weapons purchase by the US Government is that the weaposn be made in the US. (Glock, SIG, and FNH have factories here; others probably do, too!) Many Law Enforcement agencies now have the same requirement.

While CZ does make 1911s in the US (via Dan Wesson, under the DW brand or under the CZ brand, all of their other service-type handguns are made in the Czech Republic -- so CZs aren't likely to be used much until CZ sets up production here.

TunnelRat

Opps,

re:

Buckeye,

I got a 2nd gen 19 just like yours. Mine is serial FMxxx, so new in 1989, the year I bought mine, and still going strong.

This pistol just came on the market. Do I expect the Navy SEALs to adopt them? Not really, though I guess time will tell. I would point out though that there are a number of pistols I've owned that have been enjoyable and rock solid reliable, and yet aren't used by the Navy SEALs (at least on a large scale). The market will decide if this pistol will be successful. I trust my life to Glocks, but don't forget that at one time they were the new kid on the block too. If no one had tried them then because the SEALs weren't using them we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

armoredman

HighValleyRanch said:
Opps,

re:

Thankfully Trump knows more than you and me, so we're safe. :D :cool: And he has surrounded himself WITH generals, so if needing expert advice is a problem, he has it right there. ;)
As for the SEALS adopting anything - how long was the Glock in production before they started looking at it - 30 years? I remember when the G-17 hit our shores, and nobody wanted it. It took time and some slick promo work ,(plus giveaway prices), before they started toppling the LEO empires of Smith and Wesson, Ruger and Colt, all who had gotten VERY fat, dumb and happy resting on their hundreds of years of laurels. Having a sidearm that was durable, reliable and dependable certainly didn't hurt. ;)
Nothing WRONG with Glock - they just don't fit me at all, while every CZ I've tried fits me like a glove.
Gotta wonder how far the Tucker 48 would have gotten with better promo and advertising? ;)

Dave1911

In my non scientific survey, 4 of 5 buddies prefer stock G19 vs stock P01 when shot back to back. $529 with 3 mags. Glock will continue to dominate imo.

Brit

The Ontario Provincial Police (Canada) have gone to New FBI version of Glock 17. But! With lights fitted. So when a room is searched, the Officer is pointing his/her pistol at a 12 year old running out of closet? Not bright.

Separate flash light on belt. I have done that for over 20 years.
Used it more than pistol.

armoredman

I agree on the light, when you have that free hand to use it. :)
Dave1911, this wasn't about the P-01...reverse the numbers. ;) It's the amazing supposition that a single pistol inside the US borders will supplant the Glock 19 from America's police forces. Even I don't think that is going to happen over night. Oddly enough, Smith and Wesson, Ruger and Colt never thought any Austrian outsider would ever supplant THEM, either. ;) Here is an interesting written review from TTAG, if you're interested. If not, that's OK, as well.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/12/jeremy-s/gun-review-cz-p-10-c/

I'm looking forward to trying it out, as my issue sidearm is the Glock 19, and I have some experience with the pistol and all of its faults/strengths.

Oh look. Another "Glock Killer" *yawn*

PPQ, P320, VP9, etc.... Glock is still more trusted. And I'm not a Glock fanboy by any means. They're good at what they do. Not surpassed by anyone else as of yet.

armoredman

Kind of what I said, isn't it - took YEARS for Glock to overcome the lethargy of PDs who had trusted Smith and Wesson, Colt, and Ruger for over 100 years...but with slick promo and giveaway prices they did it.
I don't know about TRUSTED, I personally have had three Glocks fail in front of me/in my hand over the years, but that's a personal anecdote, not meant as an indictment of the whole brand by any means. They are rugged, durable, reliable sidearms that PDs get for pennies on the dollar. I know how much my Dept paid for the last batch of G19s - I'd buy two at that price, and I don't like them!
It really doesn't matter if the P-10C is "better" in every way than the Glock -19, (that can be awfully subjective, as I feel my carry sidearm is better than the Glock, and my buddy is convinced his 1911 is better than anything else, and my gunsmith swears by his Browning HiPower over any other sidearm, etc., etc.,), it will take a lot more than just reviews and incredible performance to make a serious dent in the Glock Tower. It may be a repeat of the 1980s, it may not, we'll see.

TunnelRat

I think some people here have grander dreams than CZ themselves. I don't really think CZ is releasing this pistol under the assumption that it will replace Glocks around the country. Frankly I don't even know if they're going for LE contracts (they never seem to import enough to support such an operation nor do they produce pistols stateside unlike many originally foreign manufacturers have started to do). This is a way for them to get some market share where previously they had none. From that standpoint they can't really lose, other than the development costs of the pistol.

armoredman

I only know of one Texas agency that went with the P-01 years ago, and one police chief who carried a CZ -75 40SW, other than that, no, only agencies outside of the US. Now I wish they would build a factory here, that's for certain, then we could get some of the models they can't import made right here. ;)

Cyanide971

Let's all put the brakes on and remember the original post that started this thread. Who exactly deemed the P-10 C the "Glock 19 Killer"? I've still not seen or heard that term used in any initial or official review, though I've heard a couple of individuals say they like it better than the Glock. An individual's preference doesn't mean it's being called the be-all, end-all of handguns.

[emoji23]

TunnelRat

Let's all put the brakes on and remember the original post that started this thread. Who exactly deemed the P-10 C the "Glock 19 Killer"? I've still not seen or heard that term used in any initial or official review, though I've heard a couple of individuals say they like it better than the Glock. An individual's preference doesn't mean it's being called the be-all, end-all of handguns.

[emoji23]

Get out of here with your reasonable thoughts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PP99

?

Quote:
To me the grip length is more of a concern than the slide length.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_4c6.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_4c6.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 33