CZ P-10 C Glock 19 Killer?

Bigdave2424

Anyone else wondering why the new cz p-10 c is being referred to as the glock 19 killer, when its overall length of 7.3 inches is the size of the glock 17?

sigarms228

Who is saying that? First I have heard of it.

It is always good to have more choices but Glock is still making and selling all the Glocks it can make and holding it's street price level too.

Drive by post maybe to stir the hornets nest? :rolleyes:

TunnelRat

To me the grip length is more of a concern than the slide length.

All this said, what I've watched is some early reviewers saying they liked it. They said the same about the PPQ, P320, VP9, the list literally goes on. I don't know who used the term "Glock killer", but that's just to draw attention. That said as someone that trusts his life to Glocks I'm still interested in this pistol.

Fishbed77

All this said, what I've watched is some early reviewers saying they liked it.

When a lot of these early reviewers (shooting pre-production guns) are selling ad space, they are bound to like it.

Reference also Remington's first attempt at the R51.

Cyanide971

Anyone else wondering why the new CZ P-10 C is being referred to as the Glock 19 killer, when its overall length of 7.3 inches is the size of the Glock 17?

In regards to the overall length, notice that the P-10 C shares a similar feature with the Steyr and HK VP, with having an extended beavertail that the Glock doesn't have (w/o the addition of a specific backstrap).

jglsprings

I'm glad I read things on the Internet otherwise I wouldn't know that the new CZ is the world's greatest gun gosh how did I ever miss all of that

TunnelRat

When a lot of these early reviewers (shooting pre-production guns) are selling ad space, they are bound to like it.

Exactly. This is a consumption driven economy. These companies need us to buy their products, and these reviewers need us to view their reviews.

Reference also Remington's first attempt at the R51.

Agreed. Anything new should be handled with a healthy dose of skepticism.

jreXD9

The stock PPQ 45 trigger puts the 19 to shame. I've had a 19 and currently have the PPQ. It is worlds better.

Krustyfats

Glocks work. They get the job done. Go bang, repeat. No frills. They do have brand recognition and people flock to them for that. I don't necessarily they are worth the hype considering the competition. There are other manufactures that make very similar products to Glock and with guns being very subjective other people will like non-Glocks better.

For me, I like the PPQ better because of the ergonomics on the grip and the large and easy to manipulate slide release. The trigger I like better too. On the other hand I like Glock stock sights better and lower bore-axis and slide.

I too am very interested in this new CZ. I was between a PPQ 5 inch and a CZ P-09 about a month ago. I went with (and paid more for) the PPQ mainly because of the trigger. Ergos were a factor too. If the P-10C has a better trigger than the PPQ I will be surprised, disappointed, and delighted at the same time. :confused:

marine6680

I have no doubts the original R51 pistols that Remington had out on their media day all worked well...

Its the ones off the production line that had issues, and I do not recall a single favorable review of the pistol once the youtube guys got production versions in hand.

I'm sceptical of many of the gun channels on youtube nowadays... As much as people hate on nutnfancy he at least seems to be honest about what he thinks. But I look at all of them with a sceptical eye.

As far as the new CZ... I think it will do well. CZ has a reputation for making good firearms, and I am sure this will hold to that. If the trigger is as good as they say, or even close, it will be among the top. If its reliable, it will gain a lot of fans.

sigarms228

I am very surprised at the factory spec of 4 LB trigger pull on the P-10C. IMO that is pretty light for a carry pistol and not something I would do. All the other major players I believe are factory rated around 5.5 LB or more. My Gen 2 Glock trigger is about 6 pounds and perfectly acceptable for me. Dry firing my Walther PPQ and HK VP9 triggers are better but in actual shooting for me not that much difference.

5whiskey

CZ knows how to design a good feeling trigger... Well their DA trigger pull isn't the best ever but their SA pull is 1911isk. Glocks are reliable, combat proven, combat accurate, inexpensive, and simple. Its the handgun equivalent to the Toyota Corolla to cars in the early '90s. Their triggers leave a lot to be desired to me though. It feels like mush... Kind of like a Sig p220 in DA, except the p220 has an acceptable SA trigger to look forward to.

novacz

If the P-10C has a better trigger than the PPQ I will be surprised, disappointed, and delighted at the same time

I couldn't agree more. It'd be great if it were better than the PPQ. But, if it is better, that means that the credit card will be exercised sooner rather than later.

Worc

I hope it turns out to be a very good model. It's always better to have more good options to choose from. I'll judge it for myself once I get a chance to hold and shoot one. Plus we need some new buzz in this part of the firearms market.

I'm not sure why a company would not produce a new model that has a great trigger and ergo's since there are a few that have set the bar pretty high.

L-2

To topple Glock will take a lot of marketing and support.
-convince my LE department and several others to buy it.
-supply local armorers classes every few months.
-have every spare part available through the largest online firearms supply companies.
-get the major holster companies to have product immediately available.
-get a few LE/Mil agencies/depts. to have tested & selected it over all other competitors.

The feel of the trigger becomes a minor aspect of why a handgun can be considered better.

Until some folks take the chance and use it for an extended time, it'll be hard to break into the market to demonstrate real-world reliability. In my old-age, I've stopped spending money to be the "first on the block" aka a "beta tester". I'd like to see some testimonials of folks who have carried & used the gun with a minimum of 10,000 rounds through it before I'd buy an entirely brand-new design.

For the person who buys a gun and will likely put no more than 1,000 rounds through it per year, possibly, in its entire lifetime of the owner, a new gun which feels good may be fine, however.

It's not easy to break into a saturated market. Even Glock's new "FBI" models (the 17M and later the 19M) are yet to even be delivered after they were sent back for problems.

There are several companies which would love to break into the market in a big/bigger way: S&W, Walther, SIG, HK, Beretta, FNH, and others which somehow aren't in the position to attempt trying (Colt, Kimber, Springfield-Armory, Taurus). The market and business is tough & cruel.

Last edited: