CZ-82 on the Way...

m.p.driver

Have two of them and have never regretted purchasing either one. Both have excellent triggers except the one i carry is smoother in double action.Kicked around the idea of tuff coating them but they carry and wear just fine.Maybe after the finish starts wearing i'll get one done.Used to carry a Mak and a P-64 but the CZ has won hands down.12 round,good sights,and it just feels right in your hand.
It would be nice to pimp one out,night sights,Teflon finish,checkered grips,but hey its a carry gun.

FEG

AFAIK there is no A/B versions of vz82, just vz82 and CZ83, so I take it you talking about the 75 - my compact is CZ75B compact so yes, they fit in mine. And on top of that, they will fit in Tuttle's 82

Yes, this only applies to early (1975-1991) Type A CZ 75/85 series pistols. The CZ 82 sights actually came first, and its sights were directly incorporated into the 75/85 series by 1992. This is yet another reason why a Transitional 75/85 is often a better purchase than a true Type A.

Type A/Type B nomenclature only applies to 75/85 series pistols. CZ itself doesn't use the term "Transitional." To them, they're all Type As. AFAIK, someone at the CZ Forum came up with the "Transitional" label, and it caught on over the years. I do think it is a handy designator, though.

Like I said, if you have a 75/85 with a staked front sight, you probably have learned the hard way that it's difficult to find aftermarket sights.

DMK

From what I can tell, the hammer-bite issue is more of a problem for people who are used to the 75/85 series. The CZ Forum sees this complaint a lot, and I have noticed that many bought an 82/83 based on their experiences with the 75B.
That is interesting. I also have two CZ75Bs and a CZ40B.

My CZ70 used to bite me, however I found out that it was not the hammer, but the sharp edges on the rear of the pistol. I rounded all the edges with a Dremel, refinished the gun and now it's a pleasure to shoot.