CZ-82 on the Way...

Would Loc-tite work for that application? I have access to several formulas at work in case you recommend it and I run into that problem...

agtman

CZ-82 M&P = a great little fun gun ... ;)

Refinished in Commando "Multi-Cam" (O.D. green slide; FDE barrel & frame).
CZ6.jpg

Contrasting sights you can see and hit with.
CZ3.jpg

Maybe I lucked out with the trigger on this one, but the DA pull-thru is real smooth, and the SA let-off is excellent. It shoots very, very tight groups for a $200 mil-surp.

CZ2.jpg

:cool:

Last edited:

BlueTrain

Oh, my, that's guilding the lilly, in a manner of speaking, but they all sure look nice. No matter how practical the original finish (paint) might be, anything else is bound to look better. I also like the round trigger guard much better than the hooked style on commercial models.

Other than looks, one of the bad things about the painted finish is that it makes the slide slick. I find it had to retract the slide, given that relatively slick finish and the small dimensions of the slide itself. But I've lived with it and I've long since learned to ignore things I don't like if there is enough that I do like. Another short coming is the magazine release. I find it mildly difficult to depress the button because the grip is thick and the release button is "down there." On the other hand, there's little chance of an accidental release.

I've only had the trigger worked on on one or two revolvers and frankly, I guess I'm too insensitive in the hand to think it worth doing on anything else.

Anyone have a .32 caliber version of a CZ-83?

4INCHSMITH

Another short coming is the magazine release. I find it mildly difficult to depress the button because the grip is thick and the release button is "down there."

I just use my trigger finger, I found that I can't get enough leverage with my thumb to release it without turning the gun almost 90 degrees. Not sure if that was intended being that it's ambidextrous but it works for me.

It has arrived.

So far, I'm pleasantly surprised with the overall condition. Everything everyone has stated is confirmed. I'll need to clean 'er up, inspect it, and go fire the thing before I draw conclusions. However, I have a feeling the trigger is going to be left alone. The gun felt great in my hands. Finding a spot for my left thumb is going to be a bit of adjustment. The mag release is pretty difficult to operate. Maybe some good old fashioned lubing? I took a couple of amateur pics. I'll try to post them soon. Otherwise, it's just like any other CZ-82...

Thanks everyone for y'all's input.

Beentown71

Where did you end up ordering it from? One mag or two? Useful holster? I have seen a large difference in holsters from different wholesalers.

Also, why do you need to find a place for your left thumb?

Beentown

Ordered from AIM. That's the link you provided in another thread and I've given them my business before. They treated me right with a K31 purchase along with being courteous.

Two mags in very good condition.

Holster is a cheapie nylon. It's entirely different than what's in their sample pic. However, they specifically state holsters will likely differ.

When firing most handguns, 1911 styles specifically, my left thumb is nestled directly underneath my right thumb/safety and points forward. The combination of the design of the gun and my hands don't mix well to apply the same position. I'm probably going to revert to thumb up style.

Beentown71

Here are one of the two that I purchased from them a few months ago. I really like the holster that came with it.

P1060828.jpg

This holster can be used as a drop down or high ride. Never seen on like it before. Still a bit confused about the thumb position but I am a little slow tonight (too many hours at work this week).

Enjoy and don't forget to post pics and give us a range report with your impressions.

Beentown

Here it is in all its Glory. I can't believe the bakelite grips are in this good condition.

attachment.php

If I use thumbs forward, then the left rides too hard against the slide. I'm afraid it will cause cycling issues.

waltfraz

I went to Aim web site to see about ordering cz 82 and accordingto their web site you have to be ffl dealer to buy is this true?

You don't have to be an FFL. You need to have your FFL to send a copy of their license to AIM and they'll ship the gun to him/her.

The other option is to apply for an FFL -03 Curio & Relic. Then, you can have it shipped directly to you.

BobbyT

What do you guys think of these vs. the Makarov?

I know the Mak is thinner & single stack, and there's the collector's value part of it, but in terms of the pistols themselves is there much else that sets them apart?

RamSlammer

Wow. That one's in really nice shape . . . enjoy! The baked enamel finish looks to be in tact mostly - they're usually chipped up.

The Century importer stamping can be made a bit less obnoxious with a bluing touch up pen. (Let it soak into the lettering and wipe before totally dry. Repeat a few times and it really improves the look.)

Your mag floorplate looks different than the usual Mec-Gar flat versions. Were both like that?

Whirlwind06

Here is my CZ 82 I just picked it up today. I might try refinishing as you can see the finish is a bit beat up. I saw a gun broker duracoat refinishing ad, guy was quoting $100 for one color $120 for 2 colors. I might go that route. I see that I can get some nice wood stocks for it as well.
I have been carrying plastic gun guns for awhile now. I have forgotten how nice a steel frame feels.
Picture001-1.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Here are some pics next to a Ruger SR9. I thought the SR9 was skinny but the CZ is tiny compared to it.
They both weigh about the same but the smaller frame and inch shorter slide make it a lot easier to carry.
Picture003.jpg

I put some yellow paint on the sights. A lot easier to pick up now.
Picture004.jpg

Thanks, angel. I'll have to look into that link when I get some time.

RamSlammer, I do have some old BirchwoodCasey's cold bluing. Might try your trick to make the import markings less obnoxious. Both magplates are the same.

Take it with a grain of salt, but I'm not a fan of Duracoat...

waltfraz

Thanks for the information on AIM to order cz82,they where very nice to deal with and offered hand picked cz82 for $229.00 including shipping it will be shipped in 1 day will let you know hoe it is when I recieve it,thanks again:)

Cheapshooter

offered hand picked cz82 for $229.00 including shipping it

Don't get real excited over the "hand picked" until you see it. It does better your chances of getting a surplus firearm that is really nice, but not always. They don't go through their entire stock and pick the best one. They usually pull 10 guns, and take the best of them for a "hand Picked". Good luck.
I will say I haven't seen any really bad ones, The two non hand picked I have bought were both i9n very nice shape.
Another note, don't be shocked when you don't see any lands and grooves in the barrel. There are non in the polygonal rifling.