CZ-82 on the Way...

Just ordered a CZ-82 today. Should be at my doorstep this week. With the exception of two handguns, all of mine receives trigger work. I'm guessing this will need one as well. I already have some grips in mind so I'm good there.

So, who should I trust for quality trigger jobs if the CZ's design allows for improvement safely?

RamSlammer

You may need to add another to your exception list of unworked triggers. CZ 82 triggers are usually quite good as is. The DA trigger is certainly better than most semi-autos and the S/A is smooth if not quite as crisp as a 1911.

I hope you're right. I automatically assumed a trigger job will be in order with it being a DA/SA. Haven't come across a pistol's trigger I liked with the exception of our EMP.

GrandmasterB

I too, consider trigger work a given for most handguns. The CZ 82 I got didn't need a thing though - it has a fine trigger.

Mosin44az

My CZ 82's trigger was fine. I didn't like the felt recoil initially, but got a Wolff recoil spring set and found that one step up from factory was just right.

Dabull

Easy to field strip to clean; hard to disassemble to refinish. Some sharp edges...notably the tip of the slide where the barrel passes through. Fantastic SA triggers on mine that allow some very accurate shooting.

RamSlammer

Really simple to field strip - just drop the mag, pull down the trigger guard and pull the slide back, then up. Only moving parts on the slide are the firing pin and the extractor. The barrel is fixed, chrome lined and polygonally rifled. As others have said, get new Wolf springs (they throw in a firing pin spring with the recoil spring). You will likely be amazed by the accuracy and moreover by how fast you can shoot it accurately. Also it can be safely carried in condition one.

Cheapshooter

I have had 2 CZ82s, still have one. No need for any refinements on either. The first one had a few failure to feed issues, About every third round or so, the slide would not go completely into battery. After a good cleaning and lubricating it worked perfectly. The second one has worked great from the beginning.
Before you arbitrarily take it in for trigger work go shoot it and you might decide it is just fine.

Beentown71

Congrats on a fine pistol. Good advice on not taking it apart past field stripping. Luckily I had two when I decided to take mine apart. I could not have done it without a reference piece. My triggers were good out of the box. A little bit of take up (SA) compared to my Loaded.

Beentown

Well, I received shipping notifications today for the packages. They both should be here on Friday. Just in time for the weekend.

Thanks for all the ideas. I know I stated just about all my guns receive a trigger job. For clarification, I don't have any performed until about 500 rounds are fired through them. Don't want to spend the money on one if it turns out to be unreliable or I don't like the gun. Also, there's that chance the trigger is just fine (EMP).

So, get some Wolf springs, reconsider the trigger job, and don't strip it further than field unless I'm a six-time national jigsaw puzzle assemblerer...

RamSlammer

Yep, that's about it . . . until you get the urge to refinish it and put on some nice Marschal grips . . .
attachment.php

Attachments

• cz82.jpg
    cz82.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 644

Cheapshooter

Yep, that's about it . . . until you get the urge to refinish it and put on some nice Marschal grips . . .
SWEET!!!I think I'll get another 82 just to make up a pretty one like yours!:D
BTW, what kind of metal finish do you have on it?

Beentown71

Another thing to look for is the pin that holds the base of the trigger guard in the frame. With the grips of the pin seems to come out pretty easy on ours. This is what lead to my malody of putting it together. Once on thing comes out everything starts too:eek:

Beentown