Component Sightings

stagpanther

PV has a few alliants as of an hour ago--I picked up some 4000 MR in case I start reloading the valk again. Everyone has plenty of AA TCM--I kept scratching my head trying to figure out what I could use it for and figured maybe I could try it with 22LR.

eflyguy

I was in my local Cabalas today, don't know much about reloading but the shelves for supplies were all full.

stagpanther

I was in my local Cabalas today, don't know much about reloading but the shelves for supplies were all full.
Primers too? They are kinda coy over the phone when I call trying to get meaningful info out of them. Nearest one to me is a 400 mile round trip which I'd be willing to do if I could buy a healthy stash of reasonably priced primers. A LGS near me has some primers but are charging obscenely high prices for them.

stagpanther

I visited my closest GS today and their shelves were as full with powder as I have EVER seen them! All 1 lbr's were across the board $50 each; all 8 lbr's were across the board $400 each. I bought a bag of cleaning patches (which had also gone up about 40%) and left.

hounddawg

Midway has 8 pounders of H4350 $283. Brownells had primers earlier ( gone now) 75 per 1000.

I ain't buying anything until I see what the prices settle out at. I have enough to load for everything I own for over a year easy

edit make that Midway had H4350. That did not last long. At least things are showing up again. CFE 223, IMR 4350, CFE pistol, BL C2, Win 748 still available

sako2

LGS has mofe powder than i've see in months. Got 8lber of 7828ssc for $188.00 and a 1lb of h4350 for $33.99 also had so bullets this time.

eflyguy

Primers too?

Not certain, but they are in wide, flat boxes, right? If so, then yes.

They don't list ammunition in-stock, so I would assume the same for components. They want people to come to the store.

I don't believe I've ever purchased anything there in-person, except for picking up online purchases when they did list online for in-store pickup.

cdoc42

I just received an email from CCI, announcing the Independence Day Flash Sale with a 10% discount. For primers, you have to check with your local supplier.

But interestingly, there are no Magnum primers listed. Just CCI 200-300-400-500.

CCI 200 is labeled Large Rifle Primer

CCI 300 is labeled Large Pistol Primer

CCI 400 is labeled Small Rifle Primer, but below the pictured box is the statement, "Standard Rifle Primer, Small Rifle."

The BIG surprise is CCI 500. The package is labeled "Small Pistol Primer" but the text below the picture says "Standard Rifle/Pistol Primer"

They all have a list price of $6.99/100. About 2 weeks ago I got LPP for $70/1000 at my local shop. Yesterday I was at a different shop and they were charging $8.90/100.

Here's the link: check it out and offer your thoughts: https://www.cci-ammunition.com/reloading/

stagpanther

I think we'll be well into 2022 before primers become anywhere near reasonably available. Finally got interested in 22lr for that reason.

ciwsguy

$75 per brick

Seems to be the going rate anymore. I doubt we’ll see $35 per brick anymore as the cost of everything has increased.
Cabelas gets a shipment of primers about once every two weeks.
Smokeless Powders are rarely found on cabelas shelves anymore.
Two bits

Shadow9mm

primers at local Cabelas, Indianapolis

Cabelas
13725 Cabela Pkwy, Noblesville, IN 46060

As of about 11:00am on 07-08-2021
Small Magnum Rifle, CCI
Large Magnum Pistol, CCI

$65 per 1000

Not sure how much they had. Not on the shelf. Had to ask at the gun counter, they are keeping them in the back. Not sure if there is a limit. No powder.

ciwsguy

Cabelas limit is one brick per day per customer.
And you cannot buy one brick of this and one brick of that by any one person.

jetinteriorguy

Picked up a brick of CCI LRP’s at Cabelas last week for $69.95. There were two nestled in amongst the shotgun shells. I didn’t really need them but grabbed one and left one. I’ve also noticed more stuff back in stock with Starline Brass as well. All encouraging signs of improvement. I could use some SPP’s though, I’m down to 5000+ and another 7000-8000 loaded rounds.

Metal god

wow sorry didn't see that I only looked at the main page , never added to cart which clearly states they do not ship to US .

I wonder If I should remove the link since most reading it will be in the US ???