Compact 9MM - Top 5

Retiredatforty

PT111 Taurus Millenium Pro

Just got one. 18.5 ozs, 12 rounds, easy to conceal, cheap to buy ($328ish) and accurate as hell. Has a manual safety, too, which is important to me. Highly recommended and they'll fly off the shelves. I'd also suggest--for $50 more--the 24/7 PROc, which is essentially the Mil-Pro with a rail and rubber grip.

hpg

Glock 26, SA XD,S&W M&P, Taurus PT-111 and maybe Taurus 24/7 compact when they get it into production...hpg

FirstFreedom

without regard to price/value

Both Compacts and Subs

Hmm, that makes it a bit tougher.... I'd have to say:

1. CZ P-01 (or CZ 75 Compact PCR)
2. Rohrbaugh R9
3. Kahr MK9
4. Springfield EMP
5. HK P7

[Honorable mentions to Walther 99 compact & Sig P-series compacts, particularly P225...wait a sec - anyone make a compact Hi-Power clone?]

Last edited:

Surefire_U2

1. Sig P228 (compact) ... outstanding range shooter, average carrier
2. Sig P239 (compact) ... excelent range shooter, very good carrier
3. Glock 19 (compact).... Very good range shooter, good carrier
4. Glock 26 (subcompact) Above average range shooter, very good carrier
5. CZ 75 Compact (compact)... Great range shooter, above average carrier

If the Beretta Cheetah was offered in 9mm (its only a .380 in the current configuration), it would earn the #3 spot on the list.

For my money, the Sig P239 and Glock 19 offer the most versatility of the 5 in my list. Great range shooters, plus carry very well. The P239 in my hands wins in accuracy, but the Glock 19 can be shot quicker.

Doing a little market research for a friend on what to offer customers at his store...

Most of the opinons here provide solid choices to choose for oneself. However, I must provide this quote stated earlier...

Well...the top five and the top five to make money on are really two totally different issues.

Charles brought up IMO the most important consideration of this entire thread. You can line up all the high end guns you want, but if the general pop doesn't want or have the $$ you can go under in a hurry with the overhead...

I also don't have quite the apparent experience in the compact and subcompact market. However, I just test fired the Springer EMP along with an AR24(c?). Both guns provide two totally different tastes in style. Both were no disappointments at all.

My choices would be:

1. Glocks- read others' posts.
2. AR24 or the CZ line-reliable as any. The weight might be a hindrance.
3. XD9mm- I have experience in the service models of the 45 and 40, but not the 9mmsc. My reason is that it has a proven record and would be like selling Fords and Chevys on the same lot.
4. EMP- This would be my #1 choice by a mile. Again, MY choice. The downside that others may encounter is the ambi safety may snag upon draw and the price is WAY up there. It doesn't break down quite as fast and easy as a Glock, XD, etc. But, it felt GREAT in my hand and shot on paper like it was a finely tuned 5in government model..

NWCP

The Kahr PM9 and Kel-Tec PF9 for subcompacts. The HK P7M8 (or PSP) and P2000SK are also very concealable and very reliable. While not available in a larger caliber the Colt 1903, or 1908 hammerless in .32, or .380 can't be beat for carry guns. They are the original 'melted' pistols and mine have been extremely reliable. Just not easy to find in reasonable condition. The Colt Mustang .380 is also another mouse gun that kicks butt as a CCW, just not in 9mm.

miniuzi

glock26s.jpg

#1 Glock 26

I have yet to like another subcompact enough to consider #2-5

I have a S&W 3913TSW (tactical rail) for sale if anyone is interested.

Rasputin

Not In Order

GLOCK 26
Springfield EMP
Sig P239
Walther PPS
H&k P2000sk
Springfield XD-9 Sub-Compact
S&W 642 (I Realize This Isn't 9mm.. But This Is The Selection I'd Say If He Went Revolver).

curmudgeon1

For my purposes, nothing can top my Kahr P9.
16oz., 7+1 cap., very smooth trigger, s.s. slide, accurate, fits my hand. Couldn't ask for anything more in a concealed-carry gun.

kristop64089

This here will be my new alternate carry:
000_0100.jpg

Awesome feel in the hand.
VERY EASY to conceal
Low recoil
All steel
Virtually snag free
Great Factory sights
Accurate
Good CS
and Lastly...it's mine