Compact 9MM - Top 5

Homerboy

S&W 3913. Sold my Glock 26 for it and made money on the deal. Glock was too fat and stubby for me, plus I like a safety and TDA on my semi autos.

slickab

Kahr PM 40. 100% concealable in jeans and light t-shirt. Surprisingly accurate for its size. Pretty major firepower with the right ammo.

Geoff Timm

Magnum Wheel Man inquired, "interesting thread... I have a buddy looking for a compact 9 right now... are any of these single stacks & reasonably priced"

The PF-9 is, but it isn't built for heavy use. http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/pf9.html

The Taurus Millenium Pro is double stack, but very compact and relatively inexpensive
http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?id=18&category=Pistol

The Kahr CW-9 is a discounted version of a more expensive pistol, but not that discounted.
http://www.kahr.com/PA-1_9mm_cw.html

Geoff
Who has a single stack KP9094N and a double stack S&W M&P 9c

gmanpma

Kahr PM9 is my daily carry. Carried in the front pocket in a De Santis Superfly holster. The weapon has performed perfectly since day 1.

Laserlips

100_6832.jpg

Walther P99c/AS..

(Shown with it's buddy the LWS32)

J. Pomeroy

orionengnr

1. Kahr PM9
2. Kahr CW9
3. Springfield EMP

4. Kel-Tec P-11...never fired one, but would like to

5. Rohrbaugh R-9... I don't have $1000 discretionary income at the moment, and I'm not convinced that it is superior to my PM9...

As for the P7, I've owned six over the last twenty-five years. Just sold the last one a month ago. Beautiful design, but not a CCW IME. Too big, too heavy, too valuable.

Thunderhawk88

Opinions on here are great, but may not make you any money. You need to find out what sells....especially in the area of where you'll be.

RJM

My vote is for the XD sub-compact 9mm. Great shooter with either the 10 round mag or the extended 16 rounder.

ooreach

love how some cant resist throwing in .45 and .40 cal choices :). Taurus pt111 pro. I've had it for over 1 year. Use it in smart carry. I'd like to get an xd and a glock in 9mm, just to have them...mabey i'll win the lottery. But kel tec has impressed me, but i've not shot them in 9mm, yet

18DAI

S&W 3913. The 3913 is so perfect a CCW 9mm, for me, that I never needed to buy another. Light weight, easily concealed, accurate and reliable.

If it ever appeared on the cover of a gunrag, it would go for three times the current asking price. A very well kept secret among compact CCW 9mm's. YMMV. Regards 18DAI.

Ozzieman

I have all listed

In order.
HK P7
Glock 26
PPK/s (ok maybe not 9mm but it is 9mm Kurtz)
From there all the sub's are ether 45 ACP or 44 SP

tplumeri

hi, only gave opinions on the three i own.
1. emp
2. pm9
3. glock 26
first off, for all you glock guys; i think the glock is great and ultra reliable, but it just doesnt feel right in my hand. cant shoot it accurately past 15 feet. (yeah, i know thats plenty for self defense!)
bought the pm9 to smart carry. great gun but took over 500 rounds to break in. still have my doubts about reliabilty because of that, but has perfomed perfectly after 500+ rounds.
emp. just fired it for the first time. 100 rounds without a glitch.
no pinky overhang. solid feel. (i think the emp is a much better choice for in close hand to hand, can be use as a blunt trauma weapon after (or before) you empty the mag)
from the top of the slide the emp is about 3/4 inch longer to bottom of grip.( vs pm9, no mags in either) with a 7 round mag in the kahr they are virtually identical. from back of the slide the emp is around 3/8 inch longer to end of barrell.
fwd trigger guard line up niceley but trigger travel is less with emp. feels like forever to fire the da on the kahr.
ive seen the pm9 advertised at 14 oz empty and the emp at 23 . cant verify either. but the emp feels better balanced.
i have medium hands and the emp feels more comfortable to me. my wife has small hands and likes the pm9 better. she cant shoot the glock accurately either!
ill take some comparo pics if anyone wants, just need to figure out the camera!
let me know,
one last thing; the mag release on the kahr is right under the pad of my the thumb. ive ejected the magazine unintentionally during rapid fire drills. no problem with the other two.
tom