Compact 9MM - Top 5

Hornett

Just two votes for the PT111 Mil Pro?
I am shocked:eek:

My top 5 would be

PT111 mil pro. This is my current carry in the truck gun. It's as small as a P-11 and holds 12 9mm in the mag. The trigger is great (mine is 3rd generation SA/DA) and it is inexpensive.

CZ 2075 Rami. It's a CZ. :)

Glock 26. If you are talking about the top GLock just begs to be on the list. Whether you agree with the safety features or not, the fan base is huge.

Kahr CW-9 Better trigger than a Kel Tec but still not up to the Mil Pro IMHO

PF-9 (or the P-11) from Kel Tec. I have a P-11 but I quit carrying it in favor of the PT111 because the Kel tecs trigger is very long and hard (around 8 lbs)

Thats my opinion... for what it's worth

ShipWreck

1. Walther P99 A/S compact (be aware that there are 3 different triggers on the P99s - you want the A/S)

Walther502.jpg

2. Glock 26
3. HK USPc
4. Walther PPS
5. HK P2000 SK

BigJimP

SIG 229 and 239 ( but I would also recommend he carry the 226 model as well ). Give the customers some options

Charles S

Well...the top five and the top five to make money on are really two totally different issues.

If I owned a gunshop:

Glock 26 and or Glock 19
Kahr K9 or P9
S&W CS9 or 3913
CZ compact
Sig P239 or 229

Of course I would cater to the more discriminating taste and probably go out of business.

One could argue that the H&K P7 and Rohrbaugh R9s should be included. I would not, but would happily order one of those really nice guns for anyone who asked.

FirstFreedom

You're getting a mixed reply of subcompacts and compacts both - which do you want: "Compacts" as a broad category, including subcompacts? Or "compacts", as a narrower category, by definition excluding subcompacts?

2cooltoolz

Kahr MK9

kahr.mk9.jpg

My humble opinion:
I love 9's, but if you want a 9mm get one for the pocket...otherwise get a
.45....???
Oops, reread the post:
No bigger is better ( I am actually a pocket pistol fan, anyway!!)
I love my Kahr MK9. Not tiny at 22(unloaded) ounces but very pocketable, absolutely reliable(in my experience).
The Kahr PM9 is lighter at 14 oz but I understand they have had issues.
I bought a new Keltec PF-9. I took it back unfired (loose, flimsy, Saturday Night Special) It would more than likely do the deed, but I have guns.....no need to back step. My dealer allowed a full value trade to a S&W 442 (love it, wrong forum).
I would love to find one of the rare American Derringer DA38's in 9mm, but they are going for twice original cost.

Last edited:

johnbt

"R-9... all except the "pop rivet look" fasteners on the grip panels... I assume those are not pop rivets"

gripscrews.jpg

Breakdaddy

XD9SC or Kahr PM9, both excellent choices IMHO. Both are lightweight and reliable. The Kahr is a little pricier but well worth it due to its exceptional pocketability.

Fabius

Try a Kahr CW9. Moderately priced, single stack, very slim and easy to conceal. I like it because the grip is long enough for me to get all three fingers on it, but it is more compact and concealable than other high quality compacts. Trigger pull is slightly longer than a Glock's, but much smoother and crisper. I'm more accurate with my CW9 than with my larger Glock 23 and the CW9 is much more concealable. I've shot +P+ through the CW9 and the recoil was very manageable.