Compact 9MM - Top 5

predecessor

Doing a little market research for a friend on what to offer customers at his store...

List your opinion regarding the top 5 compact 9x19 handguns for civilian concealed carry. (Please, no medium or large frame firearms and later threads on this topic will be created for .40 S&W and .45 ACP so no "Why not carry something in a bigger caliber?" suggestions ;))

Also, include a short reason for the listing: Price, value, reliability, finish, ergonomics, capacity, size, ease of takedown, etc. Thanks in advance for your input!

dwatts47

Glock 26 (actaully I have a 27, but its the same size as 9mm 26)

*disappears under even a t shirt
*utter reliability
*uses the same big gun mags, and ammo as model 17 + 19 (most of the time with no POI difference)
*uses most the same big gun holsters
*training familiarity
*uses same big gun sights
*IMHO best lil gun for the money.
*proven rep
*You can say "Thank you little baby G-lock" when it saves your @ss

kristop64089

Glock G33.
-Unbelievable accuracy(especially for it's size)
-Incredible fire power(.357 sig)
-Conceals easy(a bit bulky)
-Simple no frills gun.

Alnamvet

Glock 39...

1. Outstanding fit and finish.
2. Availability of parts
3. Easily concealable
4. Everything a 45 ACP is without the fat, bulk, and waste.;)

armoredman

Some might not call it a compact, but they are, the CZ PO1 and PCR, both outstanding firearms, worth more than they cost. Also, the subcompact CZ-2075 RAMI, another outstanding pistola.
All three seen here, CZ-PO1 with Crimson Trace Lasergrips, now a factory option, with CZ-UB logo. CZ-2075 RAMI is wearing Hakan Pek grips, not a factory option, unfortunately.
yesterdaysnews.jpg

kristop64089

+1 aromored man

My gut was to go with my PCR D, but since it's comprable in size to the G19 i figured I'd go smaller.

and not to jack the thread But, how do you like that RAMI? is it steel?, I almost bought one but found it a little heavy for it's size.

D-Bak

my top 5 favorite compact 9 mm are

glock 26
XD9SC
M&P9c
EMP
Ultra Aegis II

I'd say my two favorite are the glock for every day carry and the Kimber for "dress up" or "fancy" carry

armoredman

kristop, that's my wife's sidearm, and she loves it. No burps, no bobble with factory ammo. Good little gun, and she uses the factory extended 14 round mag, too.:D

LUPUS

The smallest and the most compact guns I would trust my life on them are SIG P225, HK P7M8, Glock 19, HK USPc / P2K, SIG P228.
Best.

Quail Fat

I highly recommend the H&K P2000sk as number 1.

Here is my top 5 compact 9mms

1. H&K P2000sk
2. Glock 26
3. CZ 75 compact
4. Springfield Armory XD9c
5. FNP-9M DAO

In no particular order...

Glock 26 - This is a compact gun that is reliable, durable, and will appeal to all the "black plastic gun" lovers that like their guns to be tac-ti-cool.

Springfield EMP - Another high quality firearm for the lovers of the 1911 format in a compact style.

Kahr MK9 - An extremely well made and compact firearm for people who want something a little different in an all stainless package.

Kel Tec P11 - A function and light weight pistol for the budget conscious.

Rohrbaugh R9s - The ultimate compact 9mm pistol for the high end customer. Small, light weight, and precision made from quality materials.

Last edited:

MPanova

The Taurus PT111 would be a must have IMO it is a great small 9mm for CCW and it cost half of what some of the others do. They are great sellers aswell ;)

Redneckrepairs

Your friend really should stock a Kahr CW9 ( quite a bit more affordable than the p9 ) and see how fast it leaves the shelves , IMHO this likely will make a believer out of him .