Colt developing a new revolver?

liliysdad

Carlo - Not to derail my own thread, but how about a double action Colt Combat Elite 1911? Thats my "dream" pistol. Thanks! Regards 18DAI.

This was tried, if you will remember the abortion called the Double Eagle. Apparently, you werent shopping at that time, because you might have been the only person to buy one. I cannot see why anyone would give up a 1911 trigger for a DA job. If you want a DA/SA, there are great guns out there...dont try to tack some tacticool crap onto a 1911. Just look at a Para LDA to see why.

18DAI

liliysdad - Thanks for the input. At that "time" I was carrying my Combat Elite. My current Agency prohibits SA pistols. I had a Para LDA, sweetest trigger I ever squeezed, attached to an over priced POS. Dumped it. DA is "tacticool" now? I wasn't aware of that. As far as DA vs 1911 SA, thats why there's chocolate and vanilla. I don't subscribe to the 1911 is the ultimate handgun theory. Regards 18DAI.
Carlo - I'd still like the pic. Thanks, 18DAI.

Carlo

18DAI's Pistol

1911da1ok1.jpg

deltaeliteda1qqe6.jpg

Last edited:

18DAI

Carlo - Thanks! You are very talented, and IMHO your pics really added to this thread. I hope the rumored Colt revolver is half as nice as the ones you "designed". Thanks for this one. Good looking pistol. Regards 18DAI.

BluesBear

but how about a double action Colt Combat Elite 1911?
There was a veruy limited edition Colt Double Eagle produced with a blued slide on a stainless frame.
It was called the "Special Police".

attachment.php

And you might want to do a patent search for US Patent number 2006/0150466 A1 issued July 13 2006.
It covers a new double action pistol and was issued to two gentlemen with ties to Colt's Manufacturing Company.

And while Colt's is not mentioned in the patent papers all it takes is one look at the drawings.
attachment.php

Look familiar?

I've read/looked through all 26 pages and it IS different from the Double Eagle.

Attachments

• Colt Double Eagle Special Police-a.jpg
    Colt Double Eagle Special Police-a.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 498
  • US2006-0150466A1.jpg
    US2006-0150466A1.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 493

18DAI

BluesBear - Thanks for the pics and info. I don't know which to hope for more, the revolver, or the DA pistol. That two tone Double Eagle Special Police is a beautiful pistol. When I had the Para LDA, I often finished cussing it with the phrase, "Colt would have done this right". If their trigger is anything like the LDA, and they do minimum QC, they will have a winner. Look at Para's LDA sales. That DA patent drawing, looks extremely interesting. Thanks for sharing the pics/drawings. Regards 18DAI.

BluesBear

I realize this thread is about new Colt revolvers and I appologize for contributing to thread drift.

Colt Double Eagle
attachment.php

As you can see there is a difference.

New patent Double Action pistol
attachment.php

Notice for one thing that the new pistol uses a standard sized grip panels.
The new pistol also uses a standard thumb safety. So it would appear it can be carried cocked and locked.
The new pistol does NOT have a decocking lever. SInce it has a thumb safety it doesn't need one.
Looks like the new pistol has a closer to standard sized trigger guard.

18DAI, the new pistol looks like it will have a real traditional double action trigger. Not the LDA type.

Attachments

• Colt Double Eagle.jpg
    Colt Double Eagle.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 495
  • US2006-0150466A1 fig2.jpg
    US2006-0150466A1 fig2.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 516

Carlo

... And a double action 1908 .32 acp?

1908da3tn7.jpg

Subcompact

1908da4wb8.jpg

Today you must have a plastic frame version

1908daplasticaag0.jpg

Never forget Royal Blu

1908daplasticablu1mb6.jpg

Last edited:

Bart Noir

Carlos is on a role. And the locked-breech versions are next, as in Pocket Nine.

Bart Noir
Don't forget the 3-inch Millenium Magnum Carry, which is a name I just made up and which is sure to get Taurus' lawyers sputtering and scurrying about.

Carlo

Bart Noir wrote: And the locked-breech versions are next, as in Pocket Nine.

Au contraire, I don't like the locked breech .380 series and I would really like to see the blow back pocket autos revived, with a smooth DAO trigger and possibly a double stack mag.

pocketplasticdsl3.jpg

tipoc

For all the talk of the Python it was not selling in the numbers Colt needed it to to maintain production. In the last decade of it's life it was less hand fitted and assembled than earlier versions.

Folks can order copies of the article from Gun List at www.gunlistonline.com
It's the Sept. 8 2006 issue. The article "The Great Colt Comeback" is by Robert Hausman.

tipoc

tipoc

Colt exists as two legally seperate entities today. Colt Defense with 384 employees produces for the military and law enforcement. Colt's Manufacturing is for commercial market has 84 employees.

tipoc

pinestraw

Colt Python

Went to gun show in Kinston recently and purchased a Colt Python, 38spl,
new in box, cylinder newer turned, was on overproduction for commemorative
revolver for New Jersey State Police, serial number starts njsp, and got it
for supposed bargain of $550, tax inc. Have several colts, and looking for more. Would love Colt to make Frontier Scout in blued or stainless. Could
kick myself, had opportunity to buy Frontier in 98% for $222.22 but didn't.
went back 3hrs later, and was sold.

Carlo

Too early for this thread to slip to the second page

Let's try watercolors;)

Attachments

• acquarello.jpg
    acquarello.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 115

357 Plato

Colt is often accused of only looking backwards – only producing the guns of yesterday.

On the other hand a lot of the wishes you make here is for Colt to bring back the good old guns.

Maybe Colt is doing the right thin anyway?:confused:

Carlo

357 Plato, let's take the perspective of the plinking revolver, what we could call a kit gun

Would you rather buy

ppkitgunup4.jpg

or a sort of star wars pistol

160221_large.jpg

I think some revolver companies are doing a disfavour to themselves and that Colt should profit of this. It would be more difficult if S&W was doing the kit gun like

regpol1nj9.jpg

Carlo

With a slight revision of grip frame design (increasing the height of the rest for the web of the hand, and making it point less high) a basic medium frame, heavy barrel, adj. sights revolver could be made that plays in the same class of S&W mod. 10, 15, 19

coltm154pkj9.jpg