Best gun Scene in a movie, And the winner is.....

spamanon

I like the simple yet dramatic scene at the end of Unforgiven.

"Any man don't want to get killed better clear on out the back."

How can you top that?

Actually for shear firepower, I just don't think you can beat the landing at Normandy on "Saving Private Ryan." My heart has never beaten so fast at a movie.

Rembrandt

Gary Cooper in the 1941 film "Sargeant York" on the rifle range, wetting his front sight and showing the instructor how they shoot in them thar hills.

SergeantYork15-08-47-96.jpg

SergeantYork15-09-14-94.jpg

SergeantYork15-11-47-98.jpg

SergeantYork15-50-11-87.jpg

rovingpulse2

I don't think I could narrow it down to just one, I'd have to have some different categories at least.

For an overall classic movie scene, definitely Clint Eastwood. My all time favorite is the "make my day" scene in the diner in Sudden Impact, I pull out the DVD every few months just to watch it. There are some more really classic scenes from his movies: Just off the top of my head, the end of A Fistful of Dollars with the iron plate as body armor and rifle vs. pistol contest, the ending battle of Unforgiven that spamanon mentioned, probably plenty more I can't recall.

For a modern war movie, pretty much any and all shooting in Black Hawk Down. Older war movies are a tougher category, but I think the most memorable is from Patton, where he gets riled up and goes out into the street to shoot at German planes with his .45 and miraculously drives them off.

Then there's flashier special effects and weapon showcase type movies. The lobby shootout and subsequent fighting from the Matrix is pretty much a given. The Underworld movies are great at showing off weapons, especially the P99s and full-auto-converted Berettas that Selene carries.

williamd

Last of "Dual In The Sun" where G. Peck crawls to within touching of the gal (Jennifer Jones, I think) with whom he just had a shootout! Both died.

But, best line was when he blew up the railroad and road away singing, "I Been Working on the Railroad".

Leejack

I have many favorites (most involve Clint)! I'll just throw this one at yas!

Near the end of Josey Wales when Josey is tracking down that Red Boot soldier that killed his family.

Josey continously cocks the hammers and pulls the triggers on those empty guns as he stalks the soldier!

That scene is just incredable! IMHO!

;)

RCJ

Beat me to it...

As soon as I saw the thread, I thought of Collateral. You don't see practical application in movies very often. And a second vote for York too, oldie but a goodie.

Huskerz85

Nothing can beat Clint Eastwood in "Sudden Impact"

While my favorite scene is towards the very beginning.....

C.E. Well....we're not just going to let you walk out of here.....

Perp Who's 'we', sucka?

C.E. Smith.....and Wesson....and me....

Watch It Here

There's also a good one towards the middle......when he's out in the woods, showing his AMT Automag to his buddy Horace (who's packing the 12 gauge)......If properly used, it can remove the fingerprints

Can't forget Charles Bronson though in Death Wish III......all throughout the beginning, he makes cryptic references to his friend 'Wildey'......then in a later scene, a bunch of the neighbors are all sitting around in his apartment....he looks at them and proudly says 'Wildey's Here.' He then unwraps a large box and whips out a .475 Wildey Magnum.......:D

Watch It Here

tenusdad

Too many to even list - The Dead Pool - Dirty Harry - or The Quick and the Dead with Sharon Stone - The 1st Lethal Weapon - Quigley Down Under

Stumper

The end of Quigley Down Under-"I said I never had much use for one. Never said I didn't know how to use one."

teeroux

I love the Josey Wales shootouts but I remember in a similar thread someone mentioning in Saving Private Ryan when Tom Hanks shoots at the tank with his 1911 and it explodes that was pretty great too.

BILLDAVE

The Wild Bunch

No one seemed to remember The Wild Bunch. The scene with the Gatlin gun in the end. The movie was boycotted in theaters because of the violence.
BILLDAVE