Anyone NOT engage in panic buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasT

The only ammo have bought since 2010 was some CCI Quiet 22. That stuff is a hoot to shoot.

I did buy a DPMS AR about two days before it went crazy. I think it was Dec. 20th or so. Paid $714 for the rifle, $100 for a new RRA carry handle and with shipping and transfer have $850 in the gun.

I also just about two weeks ago bought a Glenfield model 75c (16" barrel) for $50 and just a couple of days ago a winchester 1894 30-30 for $275. Its a post 64 model.

I am set on ammo for a very long time. My stash of rounds for the guns I have number in the thousands. Not counting large stores of reloading stuff and lead. Some of my buddies use to laugh at me for my large stock. They aren't laughing much these days. I won't sell my stock.

So no panic buying here. If I see it for a good price I will buy it. If not, it can stay on the shelf.

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
Nope... Not me... I do "panic shopping" everyday I clock in at the retailer I work for when I cruise by the ammo cabinet hoping to see bulk .22lr and ANY 20 gauge buckshot...

Since the "spree", I have only scored 3 boxes of 300+ count .22 at regular price and 2 of those went to my dad as he shoots his Henry more than I shoot my Winchester...

He plinks but I generally use mine just for vermin control so I keep him supplied with plenty...

Brent

BGutzman

I have engaged in moving up some purchases but not in panic buying... Things I'm buying I had always intended to buy. Would I like a bigger bank of ammo? Sure but Im pretty happy with what I have on hand and happily I had that built up before all this madness...

Last edited:

Joe_Pike

I've bought a bunch of ammo over the last couple of months. Everything was regular price or close to it, so, I figure you can never have enough ammo. As I close in on 25,000 rounds, though, I may have to rethink that.

SPEMack618

I had the darnest time attempting to get enough 20 ga field loads for the kids doing the Shotgun Merit Badge at our winter camp.

That was the only large scale buying I've done during the panic.

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
So long as the prices are not set high for this situation... I say buy it up... the retail MSRP isn't going down no matter how relaxed the buying becomes...

Brent

dfsixstring

I'm hanging tight with what I've got. I have enough on hand to protect what's important to me for quite a while. Now, when all this subsides, there are things I'd like to pick up.

Dfsixstring
SR9c
LCP
RST4S

Sarge

Scored a box of Tula 40 and two boxes of Tula 7.62x39 this am, all for under 25 bucks. Our hickville WalMart actually had a few today but of course we are now under WM's three-box rationing system. I will send a confederate to grab three more asap ;)

2ndsojourn

No panic buying, but I bought a few boxes of different 9mm ammo to run a test. A LGS here had some inexpensive reloads at 10.99/box of 50, and Dicks had 9mm WWB & UMC at 15 & 16 /box. I bought 3 more boxes at Dicks the next day just to have some, but that's it.

Kreyzhorse

I bought some range ammo over the weekend. It was too damn expensive but I wanted to shoot so I bought my limit of two boxes. Does that count as panic buying?

Otherwise, I've not bought any thing since this panic started.

Buford_Tannen

No panic buying here though I have bought some things.

I made an online ammo buy in October for two guns I had purchased and had 5600 rounds of 22LR in my cart but removed it at checkout because the total was getting a little high. :( It was around $200 - could kick myself now.

Recent purchase was for my CCW weapon (Just got my permit) and some practice rounds in early January before the madness was in full swing. After the buy, gun on same site is up 15% in price and ammo I bought is up 30%.

Daveylikey

Absolute panic buyer!

I admit I am in the panic buying crowd. After the gun control talk started up again I ran right out and upgraded my NRA membership from anual to lifetime. Much more worried about what my kids may never have tommorow than what I might not be able to get today.

Yes, I am Poking your conscience's here guys ;) If you bought hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of guns and ammo for yourself today I hope you also took the time to write your Reps and at least got an NRA (or other similar pro gun group) $35 membership to ensure our kids will be able to have their rights tommorow. Frankly, if all you have thought about is your own supplies then you are being shortsighted and selfish.:eek:

Daveylikey

I am not saying don't buy. By all means do, I have. But sitting on my closet full of ammo and a safe full of guns will not protect my rights. Allowing a generation to grow up with diminished rights or absent of rights we enjoy will not inspire them to protect our rights years from now. If we do not protect the fullness of our childrens rights today they will vote the remainder of ours away tommorow.

If we are unwilling to spend $35 or at least write a few letters today to protect our rights, we will not pick up our guns tommorow either.

Last edited:

ClydeFrog

I'm going to wait out 2013 & go back to the guns/shooting/skill training in 2014. 2012 was just awful for me on a personal level & the gun buying panic/mark-up is BS right now. :rolleyes:

The NRA can; "Stand & Fight!" but I'm not paying $39.95 for a Glock factory pistol mag or $2/3.00 USD for factory produced defense/carry rounds.
F that jazz!
Seacrest out!
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.