Your Most Unorthodox Load?

Clone

peetzakilla,

Mine is a bit like yours. I have been loading 7.62x39 with 8gr of Trail Boss using Berry's .311 110gr plated bullet. Cheap plinking, accurate, easy to work with (dispenses well in my RCBS loadmaster, and is easy to clean up), and reliable(fills the case, burns completely). I love it. :cool:

noylj

My "Unique" Loads

Don't think many others have tried these:

.38 Super
Hornady Cowboy 140g swaged L-RNFP
231 3.5gn or Silhouette 5.1gn
CCI 500
COL 1.262

9x19
L-RNFP zinc-washer base 132gn
Red Dot 3.5gn or Silhouette 4.0gn
WSP
COL 1.039

zxcvbob

I just fired up the progressive press tonight for the first time in months. (haven't been reloading much lately, and using the SS press when I did.) I forgot how long it takes to set it up. Anyway,

I just loaded a box of 50 to see how they shoot before I do up a whole bunch of 'em:

Winchester .38 Special brass
Wolf SP primer
5.5 grains Titegroup (I'm trying to use up the last of it)
148 grain DEWC loaded @ 1.36" overall length

I crimped them just over the top lube band. These will not chamber in a .38 Special but they chamber just fine in a .357 Magnum. Not sure if they are long enough to feed properly in a Marlin 1894C but I think they should be OK.

If these work like I expect, I'll switch to a slower powder like WSF or AA#7 for more power when I run out of TG. Or if I like this power level, I'll switch to Promo or Bullseye instead.

They look like little sledgehammers. :)

Wleoff

When I was a kid, we use to load rock salt in 12 gauge rounds. Great for strays of any species. I use to load paper wrapped 43 Spanish rounds for an old Argentina Remington Rolling Block.

Eb1

Most accurate load you will find for the Marlin 30-30 336W. Well in my gun.

Non published loading.

Rem brass
CCI Primer
125 grain Sierra HP
24.5 grain VV N120
2.45 OAL
Lee Crimp

5 fps speard out of 20, and with a scoped gun. All will go into a nickle at less @100. I shot this load with a receiver sightk, and still get an inch or under. Sight in a 50 or 75 yards. Makes one heck of a woods gun without the noise. You get complete penetration even length wise on a decent size doe at 60 yards. I have never seen such a good 30-30 round that did not kick at all, and is pretty darn quite. That just flat out kills and shoots straign as an arrow..