Your favorite movie weapon?

SIGSHR

The Nock Volley Gun carried by Richard Widmark in The Alamo. I have actually seen one, in the Clarke House on Princeton Battlefield.

Jo6pak

Silly point, Deadshot used a 7.62 and Arrow mused that meant Russians. Why? Wasn't an AK type platform. Didn't say 7.62 by 54 or a 308.

I saw that episode also, thought the same thing. I'm almost positive that Deadshot's rifle in the final encounter was an M1A Scout. More Hollywood "Ooops" I guess;)

Vireye

Not a movie, but it was Burn Notice that inspired me to buy my P228. Granted, mine has a rail, but it's German and I love it anyways :D

ballardw

The AR-7 super sniper rifles used in a variety of movies because they could have the actor assemble it just before taking that shot such as in Femme Nikita.

Stevie-Ray

Richie's (Sam Elliott) LAR Grizzly .45 magnum from Shakedown. Also for pure fun, the awesome weapons used by the inter-galactic exterminators in Critters.:D

Single Six

Never actually seen one, but after viewing "Die Hard 2", I'd give anything to have a Glock 7 [with the porcelain frame].:rolleyes:

SPEMack618

Anything and everything used by Burt Gummer in any of the Tremors films.

But specifically his Scout Rifle and Grizzly big bore .50, but alas, he had to send his ex- his H&K-91 when they broke up.

That man is my alter-ego. He even liked th Hawks, before they were good.

TXAZ

S&W Model 629. 44 Magnum 629

Maybe it was the cinematography, or the "do you feel lucky, punk" line, but the S&W Model 629. 44 Magnum 629 was pretty impressive, even more so for a non-revolver guy.

PT-92

Everyone has already alluded to my favorites but I think for a diversity/plethora of weaponry (that really caught my eye as a kid) the movie "Magnum Force" definitely ranks among the best.

*edited to add: They should give a medal to whomever is responsible for creating the IMFDB web site--It is simply invaluable!

1 Smith & Wesson Model 29
2 Colt Python
3 Colt Diamondback
4 Smith & Wesson M76
5 Smith & Wesson Model 10
6 Beretta 951
7 Colt Detective Special
8 Smith & Wesson Model 10 Snub
9 M1 Thompson
10 Browning Auto-5
11 Browning Hi-Power
12 Winchester 1897
13 Ithaca 37
14 Winchester Model 70
15 M1911A1
16 Smith & Wesson Model 19 Snub

Last edited:

pgdion

^- Yea, can we just have Burt Gummer's Wall of Glory?

Being specific, mine are:

For ficticious I agree, it has to be the rifles from Alien 2. Those were awesome! (still can't believe she blew all her ammo on the eggs!!!)

For real guns my vote goes to my favorite, the Beretta 92 in Lethal Weapon and Die hard. That gun was the star of Lethal Weapon.

Attachments

• Die-Hard-die-hard-812115_407_600.jpg
    Die-Hard-die-hard-812115_407_600.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 234
Last edited by a moderator: