Your favorite movie weapon?

PT-92

I liked the Sterling submachine guns, that were used by the storm troopers and the rebels in the first Star Wars movie. The Sterling's had their stocks folded, magazines removed and were outfitted with a small telescopic sight mounted on top.

The Sterling --- L2A3 --- is one of the most reliable and expensively produced, submachine gun ever made.

I am a proud owner of a Sterling semi auto Type 2 carbine, that comes with a side mounted 32 round magazine in 9mm.

Agreed--those stamped metal sub-guns like the Sten, Sterling or M3 Grease Gun are legendary historical firearms.

Stevie-Ray

Wreck-n-Crew said:
Did not think anyone would remember that flic. It had the two outer blades that would shoot leaving the permanent center blade. Weird movie when you watch it now, cool when I was a kid.
It's still a great flick for sword and sorcery. And the sequel that was mentioned at the end of it-Talon will return in Tales of the Ancient Empire actually came to fruition just a few years ago, and even had Lee Horsley doing a cameo, the old fart. But, it sucked badly.:mad:

iraiam

Did anyone bring up the cool rifle from French director: Luc Besson's The Fifth Element?
The gun where every single round hit the same target?

Ah, I forgot about that one, the Zorg ZF-1, handy in any situation :D

Dwight55

I don't remember the actor or the movie name, . . . but a Steve McQueen type cowboy is on a stage that is robbed.

As the robbers leave, . . . one remembers the cowboy and goes back to even up an old score (got butt stroked in a saloon by the cowboy).

As the robber approaches the stagecoach, . . . the cowboy has already gone up to the top and gotten his single shot rifle out of his bed roll, . . . and is waiting for the robber to come back.

Bang, . . . robber never saw it coming, . . .

I still laugh when I remember that scene.

I just wish I could shoot like the cowboy did.

May God bless,
Dwight

PT-92

Anybody mention the Manville "XM-18" in The Dogs of War yet?

Indeed--classic merc film along with "The Wild Geese" both released in the late 70's. Might be showing my age but any of the 'younger' forum members here that have not seen one or both of these iconic gun movies should place it on their 'To Do List.'

7n6

This one comes from maybe the greatest set of movies ever (judge me if you must).
Thats rite I'm talking about the movie TREMORS :D

The awesome LAR Grizzly big boar single shot 50 BMG. Wielded by the equally awesome Burt Gummer.

burt.jpg

Wbdisco

It's a toss up between
Old Painless from Predator or

Kevin Costner's Nickel Plated .45 from 3000 miles to Graceland

Last edited by a moderator: