Your cheapest handgun.

skidder

$89 for this Llama 38 at my LGS. It had some broken wood grips when I got it. I tried some Smith k-frame Hogue grips and they fit like a glove.

Llama5.jpg

Garycw

I bought my Jennings J-22 for $56 in 1985. It had an extraction problem, but after I removed the extractor and sharpened the hook to get a better grip on the rim, it ran a lot better.

It's an early model (note the horizontal sliding safety), so I'm sure that collector interest has pushed up its value to at least $56.50 by now.

JenningsJ-222.jpg

I got my J-22 at hardware store i guess late 80's the receipt I still have was $65. See they go up! It has the safety that goes up for safe/ down for fire. Was my CCW for many many years,with uncle mikes IWB holster long before CCW licenses were common. Several hundred rounds fired with no problems. It got its first field strip & cleaning just a couple months ago. Mag has been kept loaded since new and still works fine. I don't think I'd take $65.50,now but I don't usually sell guns anyway.
My absolute cheapest guns were the spoke guns we used to make. 2nd cheapest was a antique black powder pistol found in bottom of junk box bought at storage auction for $10

PT-92

Phoenix HP22A

Just last year (before the crap hit the fan timeframe) NIB out the door for $125. You get a great little .22lr "fun-gun" meaning IMO no defensive role whatsoever if it can be avoided. That said, I have almost 800 rounds through it (I studiously have kept track as I do all my guns [am I the only one that can recite round count on any gun in their respective collections :confused:]) and it has literally never malfunctioned. Now here's the kicker, my much more expensive .22lr guns (Beretta Bobcat 21A, SIG 1911-22, Taurus PT22 etc) are VERY ammo sensitive and will only reliably cycle the HV stuff whereas the Phoenix eats any and all types of .22lr for a bill and a quarter! Don't knock if you haven't tried it ;):

IMG_20120505_213053.jpg

Garycw

The Phoenix hp22 is I nice little fun gun for the money. You did better than me . $135
dyhyre2y.jpg

je4u3evy.jpg

Last edited:

PT-92

Yeah--They couldn't swing SS at that price-point. I know I am beginning to sound redundant, but if anyone is looking for a affordably priced little mouse-gun (actually heavier than a P-3AT) for just some fun range/plinking get one of these.

Microgunner

Garycw said:
I'll have to look closer, but I was thinking it was a stainless slide. I'll have to check it when I get time. If it isn't , they did a very good job making it look like it

The Phoenix Arms pistol frames and slides are constructed of a zinc alloy known as ZAMAK.

The GREAT JENNINGS MATCH

Hey Rifleman, let me tell you a story.

Many years ago when the Jennings 22 became a popular gun to buy, many of the members of the gun club I belong to decided to buy a Jennings, must have been thirty or more bought. In my finite wisdom (nobody knows everything) I did not buy one. Well it seems that everyone that bought one declared that it was the finest little 22 that ever shot, never failed to feed, never failed to shoot and would even hit the target at 25 yards. Not bad for an itty bitty gun.

Then we had the GREAT JENNINGS MATCH that 4th of July. Of all the Jennings pistols on the line, only one of them was able to empty the magazine without a malfunction of one kind or another. A lot of red faces after the match with the sudden rush of notices for Jennings pistols for sale.

Yep, pretty little paperweights, shiny fishing lures and something I wouldn't one if you paid me.

Grant D

I was going to say my Llama Mini Max 45, I paid $265.00 for it new,which has never given me a problem, when I remembered my Heritage Rough Rider I paid $150.00 for.

Attachments

• heritage r r right side.jpg
    heritage r r right side.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Llama left side.jpg
    Llama left side.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 22