Your cheapest handgun.

Wreck-n-Crew

Hi-Point 40S&W $179 +tax NIB

newpics006-2.jpg

Garycw

Almost forgot, I once bought a box of stuff at a storage auction for $10.twenty five years ago. Wanted the tri-pod and a cheap power supply out of it. I saw. After getting home and digging through the stuff I found a black powder flint lock pistol. Still have it, but never shot yet. However I'll be getting supplies to test soon

nikdfish

No pic, it was before digital cams & cell phones (late 70's). A shiney chrome plated mil-surplus GI 1911 w/fake ivory grips. $75. Original sights but shot great - hand sized group at 25 yards. Bought it while still in college, sold it a couple of years later to a deputy sheriff for $125 when I needed tuition money. Wish I still had it ...

Nick

natman

Vintage S&W 34 in 22LR in mint condition. Misidentified (and misvalued) as a more common 17. I almost did myself an injury whipping out my wallet on this one.

mxsailor803

NATMAN - We need to go to Vegas if you got that kinda luck!!!! My cheapest is HI-Point 9mm I got used for 75 bucks with 2 boxes of ammo before the scare.

Old Grump

Member in memoriam

First handgun I ever bought and the only one that is registered because I bought it in California in 1969/70 right after I got married, poor sailors couldn't afford expensive guns or good neighborhoods so this H&R 922 had to do double duty as wife's house gun and rabbit getter for the pot.

Mr. James

A Ruger Blackhawk in .357. I got it as a gift; my friend bought it used in Baton Rouge for $85, if memory serves. The pistol was in fine shape, and is startlingly accurate, so the price kind of stunned me.

LynnTX

I still have an old Rohm 22 revolver "Sat-night-special" I got for a few bucks on a whim once to help a guy out.

i didn't really want the gun, but he would not accept a "hand-out". I never decided how to get rid of it, so it's still in an old gun cabinet. It didn't look bad at all, but it was about the cheapest gun a person could buy in those days.

SaxonPig

Saw this refinished Victory Model in 38 Special in a pawnshop 9 years ago. I told the clerk they would likely never get the $100 asking price due to the badly bulged barrel. He asked me if I thought I could fix it and I allowed as I probably could. He said make an offer. I said $60 and he accepted without hesitation. Should have said $40.

Used the vise on my workbench to remove the bulged 4" barrel and installed a 5" tube I got off Ebay for $5. Serial was within a year of the frame. Had no problems with swap and gun shoots just fine. Total investment was $65.

standard.jpg

Honorable mention (tie)...

Got this 1970 M14-3 off Gunbroker for the $100 starting price. Has some finish issues but tell me YOU wouldn't buy it at that price.

standard.jpg

At a local show this was on a table for $100 because the action was frozen. As I figured, congealed grease had it locked up and after flushing with solvent it worked fine.

standard.jpg

larryf1952

I bought my Jennings J-22 for $56 in 1985. It had an extraction problem, but after I removed the extractor and sharpened the hook to get a better grip on the rim, it ran a lot better.

It's an early model (note the horizontal sliding safety), so I'm sure that collector interest has pushed up its value to at least $56.50 by now.

JenningsJ-222.jpg

outlaw2

My Cheapest handgun would be my Heritage RR 22/22mag I paid $179 for it
There were a couple of small scratches on it