You might be a hardcore reloader if...

Steve Smith

Ok, I was wrong...this stuff fits me except Art's and CR Sam's stuff. All I've ever known was magneticly dampened scales.

Archie

Let's see:

You realise loaded ammo has to be shot; otherwise you can't reload it.

You have "experimental" ammo you haven't shot yet. Nor can you remember exactly what it was supposed to test. (Okay, my personal problem.)

You have to build storage units to keep track of brass, bullets and loaded ammo.

You have more reloading data stored on your computer than games.

sw627pc

You have ammo cans of old green brass, for just in case. (hey, it was free!)

Guys from CAS ask you if you have any reloading manuals listing .44 Colt (happened - and I did!).

Half your reloading manuals are unsafe to use, too OLD.

You still bitch about powders that aren't made anymore (I still want some more Alcan AL-7!)

As for the other comments, what's wrong with IMR powders in the old can??? Am I doing something wrong? I did finally use up my cardboard drum of Unique and had to get one of the newfangled plastic bottles (three pounds).

You find a guy at a gun show that has a box of one pound cans of powder all in the same lot, and buy the whole case. (I'll finish it up one of these years!)

The last time you moved you had to rent a U-Haul for your supplies, the movers wouldn't take that much HazMat.

Abe Normal

The UPS man has killed one of your dogs when he tripped and dropped a package on the mutt. And your only concern was if any of the Sierra BlitzKing's were deformed when they bounced off the dog and hit the sidewalk.

Michael Priddy

Reloading Room

Designed my new house around the reloading room in the basement. 13'x 38'. I have gone through all my relaoding books and magazines to see how other reloaders have furnished their's. I spend a lot of time trying to decide how to decorate the walls..If I want a couch,TV,and frig and sterio. A Labor of Love.

Rottweiler

Here's 2 more for you...

1 You go to the range just to look for brass, not to shoot

2. You have a son named Lyman and a daughter named Dillon

Mal H

Staff
Yes. And in every pocket! I went to the post office last week and pulled out the stuff in my pocket for some change. Along with the change was a .45 ACP shell and 2 ear plugs. I asked the clerk if I could get an extra stamp for the shell. She didn't laugh, no sense of humor, I guess.

Sisco

A day after a trip to the range my son pulled a couple of empty .357 cases and an unfired .22 rimfire out of his jacket pocket to give to me. All I could think of is what if he had gone to school forgetting they were in there. Hire a laywer time most likely.

Hal

Ah Ha!

LOL! So! I'm not alone! My wife is always saying that she can't imagine anyone else leaving a brass trail everywhere they go. ;) I was given the "grandchild" lecture. That's the one where I'm a bad example cause every drawer in the house has empty caseings and a knife or two :) The guy that replaced the furnace and sucked out the ductwork was horrified at the empty .22 cases he sucked up. ;) Thankfully, the reloadable stuff is too big to fall into the registers.

blooch

you are a hardcore reloader if you regularly order more powder or primers than the freight company can deliever in one truck delievery.

if you go to trap or skeet ranges to work as a trapper for hulls.

if you have included your fellow reloaders in your will--if i die he get's all the brass or maybe visa versa-- you get his in the event of his passing.

you have ever bought entire trailor truck loads of any component. while i have not, i know several people who have bought truck loads of shot, wads, and powder.

if you would consider being a two man team partner in a shooting event and give up your half of the prizes to get all the hulls you both shoot.

you consider how viable a gun is for trading based on whether or not you have dies, what you will do if you don't have dies, etc. ..... instead of the gun's condition.

ever look at those trailor loads of shotgun hulls at the nationals and just know some of them are still good to reload.

ever tried to buy said loads of hulls to see if they are good to reload.

built your own shot tower.

washed once fired 410 wads in your wife's washer to reuse them.

if scotch tape or elmers glue or candle wax figures anywhere into your reloading of shotgun shells.

have ever tried to mine lead, natural or already shot.

cut down the length of shotgun hulls since they're only burned on the ends.

made a paper punch from scratch to make wads for above mentioned hulls.

bought hulls/ brass that you know aren't once fired, or even 5 times fired, trying to get one reload out of them.

your y2k stash was components.. .. no food, money or toilet paper.

you have ever missed a target because you saw someone step on a just now once fired hull or piece of brass.

have shown up to shoot a round of skeet or trap and have 25 different kinds of hulls, all with the same load speed and weight of shot.

ever considered that picking up hulls/brass brings back fond memories of Easter egg hunting.

named your children......remington, winchester, alcan, hercules, alliant, p.c., hogdon

tried to cut down split brass to make shorter cartridges.. 9x23 to 9x19 etc,

kills your soul to watch that guy on tv shooting the hulls as they fly out of his pump shotgun.

made your on recipe for loading ammo, sent it off to be pressure checked and been told to disassemble the other four shells at your own risk.

and then got a bill got the test guns replacement.

wondered how many primers are in that five gallon bucket of spent primers you keep forgetting to take out for scrap....and how many new compononents you can buy with what you get for 'em

loaded spent primers in shotshells to get rid of them.... can be a real pain to get through a machine...not recommended.

you can't get insurance for you home due to the amount of primers, etc in you reloading room.

missed your kids birthday party due to loading shells.

missed a house payment to buy a reloader.

considered giving your wife that new reloader she just can't live without for her anniversary.

reloading manuals as bedtime story for toddlers.

Jack Straw

I heard my fiance say something about cleaning up Pyrodex and got excited thinking that my interest in black powder cartridges was finally rubbing off on her. It was disappointing to find out that I would be cleaning the glass pan from that night's dinner (that would be Pyrex).

If you have ever jumped out of the car at a busy intersection because there was a wheel weight in the road...I couldn't count the times.

If you PROUDLY showed off one of the above mentioned wheel weights to the above mentioned fiance because "it's one of those big ones like they use on tractor trailers!" (hey, that thing was about the size of a half-smoked cigar).

If, despite the roll of eyes and comment of "dear God you're crazy", you walk away from show-and-tell feeling that deep down she's really happy for you.

If, when asked where you will be spending your upcoming honeymoon, you reply: "Italy -- there's some good clones of old west guns made over there."

Jack

[Edited by Jack Straw on 02-05-2001 at 01:59 PM]

DAW

IF your grandma tought you how to reload shot shells. A variation of my favorite Jeff Foxworthy red neck jokes!

Eddie

We rejected 3 houses before we moved here. One because of a busy main road, the other two because I could't see a possible gun room big enougth for my books, a cleaning bench and a reloading bench.
I just tried to get my wife to read these, just to show it's all perfectly natural.

I enjoyed it a lot

Be safe
Eddie

wildcat

You mite be a hardcore reloader if; after taking a shot at a very large bear you open the bolt slowly and remove the fired case with your thumb and index finger and put it in your pocket before closing the bolt on the next round.

Marko

You got me cold. Do you get deals on die sets in calibers you don't own "Just in case"? And I like the little mouth cans!