Worst Firearm Gimmick

SavageSniper

Hi all. We see all kinds of new guns, things you can put on or hang on them or are supposed to improve the function of the piece. What gimmicks have you guys bought into that were just junk?

tomh1426

Remember Remingtons EtronX-Electric-Primer-Ammunition
Guess that never took off.
Once I got a hellfire thing for my 10/22 , that was a waste of $
I got a speed loader for my 10/22 that was garbage
My latest was a Max Fire speed loader for my 608 , what a usless POS that is.

Manedwolf

Any promag magazine for any gun at all.

As for plastic, the Bulgie Waffle polymer mags for AKs are the best AK magazines ever invented, so I'd not paint them all with the same brush. :)

surg_res

Whatever happened to Remington's 710 with the ugly plastic stock and cheap scope for $399. The 710 shot like it was made by school-children in Indonesia.

RevolverLover

Those crank things that go on the trigger to supposently make it shot rapid fire.

Whatever happened to Remington's 710 with the ugly plastic stock and cheap scope for $399. The 710 shot like it was made by school-children in Indonesia.

He was taking about crap gimmick accessories not crap rifles ;)

Crosshair

surg_res

GAAAAA, I have to sell those pieces of garbage at work. I call them "Mallet Guns". Because you need a rubber mallet to open/close the bolt. The receiver is a plastic coated piece of sewer pipe. The only thing it has going for it is the detachable magazine. Not like you could rapid fire the thing anyway. The 770 is the new 710. New look, still a piece of crap. I try and get a person to buy anything but a 710.

Last edited:

Yithian

surg_res said:
Whatever happened to Remington's 710 with the ugly plastic stock and cheap scope for $399. The 710 shot like it was made by school-children in Indonesia

It's now called the 770.
Looks like they swapped the plastic portion of the receiver with some metal.
Still has that nasty cycling 'hick-up' when it locks into the barrel.
Other than that, it has a black stock now instead of grey.

chris in va

Hmm. That scope cover that goes on an SKS was pretty bad.

A small red dot for my CZ carbine...ended up on my CZ Kadet. Nice unit, bad idea.

Manedwolf

Folding stocks or pistol grips for HD shotguns.

Knoxx got it right, there. Check out the Knoxx COPstock. Topfolder that includes a recoil-absorbing piston that functions in both unfolded and folded modes.

Also why it's $99, not $39.

NCStar scope

That's because they're made for airsoft, honestly. :)

FirstFreedom

I'm gonna have to think about this one. I'm sure there are many.

Off the top of my head.....

The Wiliams peep sight which replaces the rear sight on an SKS - absurd - it's too far forward to work - waaay to small of a hole that far from your eye.

Bipods for any type of short-range weapon such as you see on M4s all the time.

Smokeless powder...tee hee. :)

KFDiesel

Why is a pistol grip for a Home Defense shotgun a gimmick? Im not arguing Im just curius why? If you added a verticle forend grip seems like it would be compact and recoil would be managable.