Why have more manufacturers not released a Sig P365 style pistol?

wild cat mccane

This thread is absurd.

A gun, the exact same size as all current 9mm "small" "pocket" 9mm has double the capacity. Oh, if you'd like on this best in class trigger, you can also have a mag that equals full size guns...and it's the fastest selling gun today...

but the size and features aren't important....

Yeah. Future P365 sized guns will fail and no other manufacture will make it. There will not be a Shield double stack. There will not be a PPS double stack.

At the exact same size, the single stacks are a better value.

Agreed.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

armoredman

Anyone have any insight on this? I know Springfield Armory has followed suit. I would love to see a similar offering from CZ or HK, particularly in DA/SA, but here I am day dreaming again.

Keep a weather eye out...;)

TruthTellers

This thread is absurd.

A gun, the exact same size as all current 9mm "small" "pocket" 9mm has double the capacity. Oh, if you'd like on this best in class trigger, you can also have a mag that equals full size guns...and it's the fastest selling gun today...
Double the capacity of single stack 9mm's, most of which hold 7 rds? Wow! You should work for the Sig marketing department because they've failed to tell me that their 365 holds 14 rds.

Best in class trigger? Oh yeah, I def need that for a gun that is mostly going to be used at distances between 5 and 10 yards.

but the size and features aren't important....
Who said they weren't? We said it comes down to individual preference or need and those working within their means. The 365 is $500, the SAS is $580... that's not exactly pocket change.

Yeah. Future P365 sized guns will fail and no other manufacture will make it. There will not be a Shield double stack. There will not be a PPS double stack.
Who said that? We've seen that Glock and Springfield are getting in on the act, so there's clearly a trend with gun manufacturers jumping on the train.

Ruger is normally the one to copycat someone else and make improvements to the design, just Springfield beat them to it. All Ruger has right now is their EC9s and it's junky sights for their small 9mm. With how the money they have to invest and production capacity, I have no doubts their working right now on a p365 style pistol. They'll probably call the thing the SR666 Hell Cannon and price it well below $400.

At the exact same size, the single stacks are a better value.
Value is relative.

wild cat mccane

Sorry I said double.

I meant to say, the P365, which is only larger than 1 9mm single stack on the market (DB9) and is the exact size of the famed PM9/CM9 (or infamous?), holds more rounds than any of the single stack 9mms.

I can see where double vs more (by a lot) than any other offering while also being the smallest is confusing.

I stand with absurd comment. :D

zoo

On the flip side I still have a hard time deciding whether or not I should be packing the LCRx .38+p or the 365 ;)

I look pretty friggen cool with the LCRx in a DeSantis pancake on my hip!

Laz

TruthTellers said
They're not going to drop existing single stack models simply because the single stacks are significantly slimmer than even the 1.5x stacks like the p365. Personally, I'm not sold on the 1.5x stacks because I don't see how being 4mm's slimmer makes them better than a standard subcompact doublestack that holds 12+1, nor do I see how them being thicker than a single stack that holds 7+1 or 8+1 is better.

I have a Sig P290RS. Admittedly it was never a popular pistol for Sig, but with the 8 round extended magazine I have a very concealable 9 round pistol with a grip that is less than one inch wide, approximately 7/8 inch wide. My Glock 26 is considerably thicker at about 1.18 grip width but in real life it seem to make very little practical difference, though the very thin P290 is a bit more comfortable.

They are coming.

Every manufacturer has a "pocket" 9mm with the only exception being HK? Most geared those up in the last 5 years.

But another way, besides price, you're giving up a lot to buy a Shield today when the Sig P365 holds more, is smaller, better sights, better trigger AND better resale.

I bet used single stack small 9mm are a buyers market since the P365...but why buy?
I have to laugh at all your comments on the 365. Sorry, but totally unreal. If you think the world is tossing proven single stacks over a 365 then you need to get out more. For one, the gun is not that good of a shooter. Many folks find it does not even fit their hand, many have traded them in because of the fact that it is too easy to ride the slide. One owner bought three of them in a effort to get on to work without failure. He does not even want to sell them until he knows they can be fixed.
His last one, he contacted Sig and they told him, they now have a new recoil spring and guide rod to fix his issue. Yet another fix.
I do not even own a Sheild, had one years ago. Not for me, but a great gun and the prices now on them are a much better buy. They are a proven platform. They work, they shoot well and they are reliable.
You think just because a pistol has a slightly larger capacity, means much to everyone? Sorry, just not the case.
Go to any LGS now, no longer are they selling great. People back to buying all kinds of nice guns to include revolvers, pocket guns, other single stacks etc.
I shot the Sig 365 with a group of 4 other experienced shooters. And none of us felt the Sig was remarkable. Shot very similar to the Ruger LC9S. In fact I would choose the Ruger over the 365.

Not everyone stays on board the fad machine. Personally I would take the Sig 938 over the 365. Much better quality. And you mention the Kahr. Sorry, but a fantastic design and shooter. .9 width, the lightest in class, simple, elegant, top build quality. And after shooting the 365 went out and bought a second Kahr. Actually my 4th single stack bought since shooting the 365. And now you can take a 9mm Kahr and put in a set of Magguts which will give you rounds in round count is your thing. There are single stacks out there now that are as nice as any 365 and costing half the price. Don't get me wrong, the 365 is not a bad gun but just ok. But it will need a few years to get the bugs worked out and some redesigning to do. But take away the magazine of a few more rds. what do you have?

Want a Sig 365, wait and start checking around. There are going to be plenty of used one's coming up.

But on a lighter note-Have fun with this video-SIGS RESPONSE TO SPRINGFIELD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTDhIOaxk4E

Last edited:

JDBerg

Yesterday I put about 120 rounds through a P365, the range ammo used was a combination of S&B, WWB, and Fed Champion. Living in a mag restricted state means that the tiny 10 round mag was my only choice to try, although this was a very easy magazine to load rounds into.

The recoil from the gun was just nasty, I assume this was due to a worn recoil spring assembly and possibly due to the fact that the little finger of my shooting hand was out flapping in the breeze. Maybe my purchase on the grip would be better if I used one of the 12 round magazines, but I reason that it's as likely as not that I just didn't have a firm enough grasp on this stubby little grip. The tiny mag release was difficult to engage.

While I was shooting the P365 I had to make sure my thumb placement didn't interfere with the slide stop, I just made sure to have a firm tight hold on that grip. I was shooting indoors, and I normally shoot better with a fiber optic front sight compared to the tritium front night sight on this P365, but the gun gave good accuracy even with with the nasty recoil.

I did have 1 failure to feed in 120 rounds, so I think this problem was a combination of the recoil and my purchase on that grip. I have larger hands, and a lot of small carry guns don’t work so well for me so this test ride of a P365 tells me that this one might not work for me at least.

Last edited:

wild cat mccane

If you go to gun.deals and look at the price history of the CM9, PM9, PPS, LC9/S, Shield in the last two years, it's crazy to think these guns will still be around in 5 years. Total dive in price.

Then enter a gun as small or smaller with almost double capacity? What happens to price? Rush for the bottom.

You think Walther wants to sell few PPSs? Think S&W wants to unload the Shield all day long with a $50 rebate?

Hellcat? How long do you think the XD-S will be around? SA is robably already winding down production that will never return.

Hit this thread back in 5 years.

The current single stacks will mostly be gone. Just like how most of them didn't exist 5 years ago.

Unless there is another epoch movement of manufactures going to the DB9 size single stack, the current single stacks aren't going to compete with the P365 at the same width, better trigger, factory night sights, etc.

Since Taurus left it's Diamondback partnership, I'm betting no one is going to copy the DB9 and it will be the last LCP sized 9mm.

Laugh all you want.

Put in 2 years, who's going to buy your used Nano single stack? Shield? PPS?

USNRet93

Yesterday I put about 120 rounds through a P365, the range ammo used was a combination of S&B, WWB, and Fed Champion. Living in a mag restricted state means that the tiny 10 round mag was my only choice to try, although this was a very easy magazine to load rounds into.

The recoil from the gun was just nasty, I assume this was due to a worn recoil spring assembly and possibly due to the fact that the little finger of my shooting hand was out flapping in the breeze. Maybe my purchase on the grip would be better if I used one of the 12 round magazines, but I reason that it's as likely as not that I just didn't have a firm enough grasp on this stubby little grip. The tiny mag release was difficult to engage.

While I was shooting the P365 I had to make sure my thumb placement didn't interfere with the slide stop, I just made sure to have a firm tight hold on that grip. I was shooting indoors, and I normally shoot better with a fiber optic front sight compared to the tritium front night sight on this P365, but the gun gave good accuracy even with with the nasty recoil.

I did have 1 failure to feed in 120 rounds, so I think this problem was a combination of the recoil and my purchase on that grip. I have larger hands, and a lot of small carry guns don’t work so well for me so this test ride of a P365 tells me that this one might not work for me at least.
But but but.......oh never mind. ;)

Sequins

If I didn't already have a Glock 26 I'd be much more interested in the P365. I find height harder to conceal than width so the slightly fatter G26 is still about as concealable as the marginally thinner but longer P365. I also like that the Glock supports 10, 12, 15, 17, 24, 33, and 50 round magazines.

I usually carry an LCP which is much smaller than either the 26 or the 365, or an LCR which is marginally smaller but much better in a pocket than either. The G26 goes on the belt when I can IWB with good cover garments, aka the weekend, and the LCP/LCR depending on what coat I'm wearing otherwise.

I agree that there isn't a lot of room in the market and there is a big squeeze on pistols inbetween the LCP size and the P365/G26 size. It feels like budget would be the main reason not to get a deep conceal and also a medium conceal.. I haven't shot the hellcat yet so no judgement there, maybe it's the third on this list once it shakes out more.

USNRet93

If I didn't already have a Glock 26 I'd be much more interested in the P365. I find height harder to conceal than width so the slightly fatter G26 is still about as concealable as the marginally thinner but longer P365. I also like that the Glock supports 10, 12, 15, 17, 24, 33, and 50 round magazines.

I usually carry an LCP which is much smaller than either the 26 or the 365, or an LCR which is marginally smaller but much better in a pocket than either. The G26 goes on the belt when I can IWB with good cover garments, aka the weekend, and the LCP/LCR depending on what coat I'm wearing otherwise.

I agree that there isn't a lot of room in the market and there is a big squeeze on pistols inbetween the LCP size and the P365/G26 size. It feels like budget would be the main reason not to get a deep conceal and also a medium conceal.. I haven't shot the hellcat yet so no judgement there, maybe it's the third on this list once it shakes out more.
Agree on height rather than width, for me, for ease of concealment. Width no big deal...length is. Also like the versatility of various mags for my G26, depending on clothes. Really like the width. Like g19/17/45 also, just not the length. Like it better than g43/43x/365 also.
And the $....up here visiting Rhinelander, WI...visited a great pawn shop, huge gun selection...counter guy really loved his Sig365...BUT expensive, particularly compared to g26 he had.

TailGator

My thoughts are similar. I also shoot the G26 pretty darn well. If there is any advantage at all in the new Sig for me, it isn't enough to justify the combined expense of pistol, several mags, a couple of holsters for different uses, etc.

dyl

Ditto. I'm still improving with my Kahr CM9 and M&P9c. And I've had them for years I just haven't had the opportunity or ammo to shoot as much as I have this year. I just know that if I get a P365, one of my main carry pistols are going to get kicked to the curb because I do like Sig's grip shape and triggers.

So what's the threshold? If you've got all your pertinent roles filled for a potential firearm, what would it take to oust your current setup?

TunnelRat

I have shot my G26 and my P365 XL back to back. The P365XL for the size and weight is surprisingly soft shooting. It's still not as soft as the G26 and I don't shoot it as well. I still like both, but one has made the other obsolete for me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Lohman446

So what's the threshold? If you've got all your pertinent roles filled for a potential firearm, what would it take to oust your current setup?

If Sig had the reputation it had a couple decades ago I would have bought the 365 on specifications. Same size or close, better capacity, and a SIG. BUT the luster of that reputation is gone. The capacity isn’t something I am convinced I have to have and I’m simply not that interested. I’m certain SIG is no longer a premium brand especially in the Poly-frame market. Oddly enough I was more interested when Springfield did this.

In fairness I’m not sure anyone has the reputation today SIG had a couple decades ago. Maybe the didn’t deserve it then either but regardless the reputation is gone.