Who made Walkers?

Slamfire

Agree with Mykeal has said with the exception that Colt Blackpowder Arms Co. produces the Signature Series Colts under a license from Colt that are erroneously called 3rd Generation Colts. They are not considered to be Colts and are not recognized as such by Colt

I have a Colt Signature third model dragoon. One that was assembled in NY. I talked to the factory after I sent the revolver back. From the factory, it was out of time.

The major parts are made by Uberti. Colt is able to stamp "made in America" due to content laws. I don't know what they did to the Uberti parts, but they found a way to do enough work on the Uberti parts, under the content laws, to label the revolvers as "American Made".

Content laws have been watered down to the point that if an American sees it, it gets the "Made in America" label.

Fingers McGee

Quote:
Fingers, Hawg, your attitudes toward Captain Crossman and now W.T. Sherman are overshadowing your obvious knowledge and expertise. You both need to check your attitudes before you blog. There is a very great danger of just looking like jerks.

With all due respect I don't think it's us that look like jerks but if we do then so be it. I just call'em like I see'um. IMHO Sherman is Crossman.

Quote:
CVA made one at one time I believe.

I know they put one out but Mykeal may be right they may have just imported it.

+1.

madcratebuilder

I have a Colt Signature third model dragoon. One that was assembled in NY. I talked to the factory after I sent the revolver back. From the factory, it was out of time.

The major parts are made by Uberti. Colt is able to stamp "made in America" due to content laws. I don't know what they did to the Uberti parts, but they found a way to do enough work on the Uberti parts, under the content laws, to label the revolvers as "American Made".

Content laws have been watered down to the point that if an American sees it, it gets the "Made in America" label.

The 3rd gens used barrels and cylinders that came from Uberti in the raw form. Finial work was done by Iver Johnson Co (colt blackpowder arms) employing many of the same craftsman that built the 2nd gens.

tommy1969

Need help on 1861 custer

Hey guys, I'm trying to run down some info on the finish properties of the Colt 1861 Custer Commem.

Does anyone know what "Antique Silver" is? Can it be polished bright?

Thanks

Fingers McGee

IINM the finish is a patinated silver plate. I've seen some listed on auction sites that were polished bright, as well as some that were almost dark blue.

Jbar4Ranch

I shoot my Walkers two or three times a year at CAS matches, and they are extremely accurate.

Walkers001.jpg

Had to build my own holsters.
WalkerHolsters002.jpg