Who else carries a full size gun?

Tim Whittaker

I carry a SIG 229 year round and was just wondering how many other people carry the same gun, (full size inparticular) all the time? I have several guns that I shoot but I only carry my 229. (CCW) When I go hunting a S&W 686 is my sidearn. (open) In case you're wondering I was talking to a guy today at the range and he couldn't remember what gun he was carrying. He actually had to look. I thought it was a little odd because I would think if you use the safety on one gun and the next day you had a slickside it would be difficult to efficiently bring your gun into service. Maybe I'm over-analyzing this poor guy? Does anyone else carry the same gun all the time? ....... Whit

critter44

I do not carry the SAME gun all the time, but ALL my carry guns are JMB 1911's of one sort or another. Same manual of arms-cocked and locked: sweep off safety, point and pull. I carry full size a lot (even PO P-14 double stacks). Other times I carry a Kimber compact or Colt officers.

Jack Carson

Full size vs. "Compacts" = not much difference

I may get flamed for this but it's my experience that the difference between carrying a full-size vs. a "compact" just isn't very much. Having said that, I have carried a Kimber Compact Custom much more than one of my full-size 1911s.

I am in the process of full reliability testing of a new Kimber Custom II that will probably move into status as my number-one carry gun. There are two reasons for this: First and foremost, I shoot the full size better than the Compact; Second, I like the added velocity of the 5" in .45 ACP.

Concealability is just not any more difficult with the full size and with a good belt I honestly don't notice the weight difference. Now that summer is almost on us I will continue to think about a true "mouse gun" for the pockets of baggy shorts that just embarass the h*** out of my teenage daughters.

Jack

Drakejake

I usually carry one of the Kel-Tecs, but for fun will sometimes go for something bigger. Today, just for fun, I carried a Star Megastar (three and a half pounds loaded) on a short walk and a long walk around my neighborhood. I carried one time in a DeSantis belt holster intended for Ruger .45's, and once with an IWB item. Not too bad either way. Certainly one could get somewhat used to carrying larger pistols or revolvers.

Drakejake

BobR

95% of the time I carry a Para P-14 in a versa-Max II. The rest of the time I slip a '70's production S&W Mdl 37 Airweight in my pocket.

bob

Lennyjoe

In the winter when the warm clothes come out so does the Taurus PT100 AFS .40 cal. Most of the time when its hotter then heck the G19 takes the lead role.

Stephen A. Camp

Staff In Memoriam
Hello. Normally, I tote a Glock 26 in a Galco pocket holster, but on occassion, will carry a belt gun. Having a decent holster and belt do make a big difference, at least it seems so to me.

At the times that I do carry concealed, it's either a BHP 9mm or a 1911.

Both of these have been carried legally concealed though not at the same time.

Best.

fdbfd4f7.jpg

The Kimber's been very lightly modified to my tastes as has the LW Springfield Gov't Model.

Mannlicher

I carry two full size semi auto guns, a Springfield 1911 and a Browning HP .40 S&W. Usually not at the same time though. :)

WillyZ

I used to switch between My 1911 and my BHP 9mm untill I purchased a Para C7.45. Now this is my main carry gun. Next is my 1911. Then comes the BHP 9mm.

WillyZ

Tom B

In the winter I carry a Glock 20 in a Fobus Paddle Holster. In the summer I carry a Taurus 85UL or S&W J Frame in my front pants pocket.

GlockPower

H&K USP .40 with night sites (meprolights) on waist

and a Iver Johnson .22LR with stinger hollow points in ankle, plus sometimes a Glock 26 in safariland level 2 retention holster on other side of waist, sometimes open carry, sometimes concealed, everyday.