Who dresses like me while hunting?

Hawg

For deer hunting, I try to make sure I don't wear any blue or yellow. Deer are supposed to be red/green color blind but blues and yellows stand out to them. It's probably one of the reasons why I had poor results when wearing blue jeans when hunting...

Tony
I've killed a lot of deer and I killed them all while wearing blue jeans and often enough a blue flannel shirt.

Drm50

I don’t like the hi vis stuff. Use to go camouflage but really don’t need it. A plaid Woolrich shirt and blue jeans are mighty hard to see in autum woodlands. If it’s cold enough I need it even in snow just use my old Woolrich coat. If I ever loose my old thread bare Woolrich lucky shirt, I will truly run out of luck.

old roper

We still have to wear fluorescent orange or pink and that include head covering here in Co for rifle/muzzleloader season.

I've guess they had some problems because camouflage orange or ping does not qualify.

In years past I wore what was State law. (red hat and hand-me-down red plaid jacket) These days I'm in vogue completely clothed in florescent camo orange head to waist & wearing heavy weight Woolworth pants w/ red suspenders for those windy cold November days.
I started hunting deer in 55 honestly I've never encountered anyone in the field or a hunters saloon wearing a florescent orange vest over a red plaid Pendleton. Then again I don't buy my clothes. My mrs does. Dandy spike in Pix shot just Right!

GeauxTide

I tried Huntworth Disruption a couple years ago. Got a Parka, Jacket, and Pants. The Parka and Pants are for sitting and have been fantastic down to 15. I wear Jacket over wool underwear, shirt, and Duluth Lined Cargo Pants when I'm on the stalk.

MGMorden

The guy in the first picture doesn't come off as "tacticool" to me - nothing about that looks military. It's just standard hunting stuff.

It's all in what you have in the closet. There is no flannel or Carhartt farming type clothing in my closet so unless I plan to hunt in my work polos or graphic t-shirts, I gotta buy something else. Might as well be hunting camo :). Doesn't' mean its expensive. I usually wear a camo t-shirt often from Walmart that cost $10 or less, a $5 blaze orange hat and a pair of camo pants that likely cost between $25 and $35.

dahermit

At least not on purpose. If solid blaze is not required, wear a blaze camo vest. While blaze is hi-viz for humans, deer see orange as a shade of green, so blaze camo isn't going to give you away.

If you have access to an old photo light meter, you will see that Blaze Orange reflects a lot more light than standard colors. That is what gives you away... not the color itself but the greater amount of light. Movement and high light reflection of Blaze Orange (or your face if Caucasian), is what will give you away to deer.

Crankylove

I hunt in a T-shirt/hoodie, denim jeans or some pants with cargo pockets, and my orange hat and vest (if required).

I own one camo jacket and long sleeve shirt (gifts from my wife), and no other fancy hunting gear.

HiBC

Its all good. Do what makes YOU happy. One thing you can count on,I do not pick my hunting clothes by what someone else thinks of them.

There seems to be some disdain for the folks who buy the fancy gear.

Well....I don't have a horse or 4 wheeler and I go where a pickup won't go. OK,I'm fibbing a bit. I'm old for that now. Lets go back a few years. I'd travel by boots. I'd stay out for the week of hunting season between 8000 and 10,000 feet in Northern Colorado. Backpack,tent,down bag. White gas stove,

In whatever weather happened.

So,yes!! I'd have an outer shell camo gore tex parka,the quiet stuff from Cabelas. It works GREAT! Underarmor base layers and polypro? Depending on the year,I may have fleece vest or jacket,or puffy down . Depends. And I've used a GI field jacket or Arctic parka liner,. Its like ponhco liner material. You bet!! Cheap,light,and it does not get soggy.
My weird thing? The heavy wool German army battle pants. I cut them off just below the knees and added suspender buttons. Shorts!! But no weight below my knees.And they don't cake up snow. Under the shorts,but over my long johns,I wear black nylon track pants. Light,windproof,breathable fast drying,and they shed snow, I don't like wearing gaiters,but I might have some on me. A good wool or fleece cap or balclava. Figure you will wear it sleeping.

I like the wool fingerless gloves with rubber polka dots for grip. If I need them,I can put the Hot Hands handwarmer tea bags in the palms, I have GI arctic mittens I can wear over those.

I;m not real big on insulated boots, but I had some 200 gr Danner Pronghorns big enough for double merino wool sox. I don't like heavy ,clunky boots. They are hard on my knees.
A square of 1/4 in closed cell keeps the butt warm and dry. A wet butt is a problem.

Your hands,lips,etc will crack. A tin of Nivea is good. Carmex or chap stick. Sunglasses,

And you will need to hydrate.

I don't do technical mountaineering but the setting and the weather is similar.
Or,it can be sunny and 60's. The weather will be what it is. I've walked in on dry pine needles ,had all night snow squall,crashing thunder and snapping lightning and woke up to thigh high snow,opening morning.

I don't doubt y'all are using what works just fine where you are. Enjoy!!

My version of low buck unguided high country hunting requires something other than a hoody and wranglers. An InReach might be worth looking into.

Oh,you know when you get bad weather and the football game says "Signal Lost" Yeah. That happens with GPS signals,too. Along with white out. Can't see 50 yards. And,track and trails disappear with the snow. Nav skills are good.

Red Devil

In the swamps and piney woods of Louisiana...?

Propper 100% Cotton Rip-stop BDU's.

busch-wildlife-01082021-16-bdu.jpg_web782x1000_1.jpg

Red

HiBC

Wherever you go,there you are!! For some settings, BDU's are ideal!

If you are seal hunting from a skin kayak in the Arctic, you might check what works for the Inuit.

And for a Wyoming Cowboy hunting might be a lot like checking calving in a spring storm.