Which of your guns do you always want to shoot?

lee n. field

Ok. I know this thread isn't something super creative but being in a slight rut and not being able to shoot or get anything new as of late... I need a pick me up.

If you're in a rut, a .22 plinker is always fun.

HKFan9

I have a STI Tactical SS 5.0 9mm that is my absolute favorite handgun to shoot, feels like shooting a loud .22lr.

Dragline45

As of recently my newly acquired Glock 17. I used to have a problem with how Glock's pointed for me, but after some time with it and a few hundred rounds down range I'm finding that I shoot the 17 better than just about any pistol I have had in my hand.

Grant D

That's a tough question.
I like shooting all my Colt and S&W revolvers, but the one I like the most, and makes me look like a better shooter than I am, is my Colt Officers Model Match 38 cal.

Cheapshooter

Whats that one gun that special one that you always gravitate towards be it the range, carry, or comp.
I enjoy shooting many, but with your three categories, I will have two choices because the third, competition, does not apply to me.
For carry, even though I have several choices the one that is always in my pocket regardless what else I may, or may not be carrying.....LCP

At the range the one that almost always goes along, and has gotten me in trouble with the wife most often for staying longer than I said because I just couldn't stop shooting it...........Get ready.........Flaming to come I'm sure........Walther P22.:D

TfflHndn

Super Redhawk, with a 'tweener load between .44 spl and .44 mag, in a magnum casing. Not a bunny fart, but not punishing either. Can shoot all day and enjoy every shot.

Eazyeach

I've got some colt snakes and some sigs and plenty of 1911s and other "fancy" guns. But my all time favorite is my cheapest. Good ole $350 smith and wesson MP 15 - 22. Could shoot that little bugger all day.

Oops didn't notice this was in the handguns forum. If that's the case I'll go with my SIG 227.

Last edited:

blchandl2

For special occasions (i.e. birthday) I shoot my 1916 DWM P08. For inexpensive plinking, my 22/45. For center fire pistol range gun, Arcus 98DA.

Rifles, my custom 10/22. Center fire rifle my Marlin .223 heavy barrel.

Madball6

My 22/45 and my PT92 are brought and shot every trip to the range. Coincidentally they are also the cheapest of my guns to feed :)

tahunua001

well since this is the handguns forum, the XDM45 compact is my favorite handgun ever and would never let it go.

now if we're open to all firearms, my type 44 arisaka is my favoritest ever and I wish I had a lifetime supply of ammo.

redhologram

Of my handguns, I get the most enjoyment shooting my Glock 17.
(I always shoot my EDC when at the range, Glock 26 and also the Beretta 92FS which is similar to my duty weapon.)
Rifles, my Tavor gives me great pleasure to shoot.

hartcreek

Crave to shoot..... well that would be my .44 Auto Mag but I have to limit myself to a box of fifty or so at a time as it gets expensive real fast even with my handloads but I usually take four or five guns with me including a smaller caliber auto to keep in practice so when I work on someones gun I know that I will not be part of the problem if it is a problem gun.

Model12Win

Dang what a tuffee!!!

I'd have to say either my Ruger GP100 4" half lug fixed sight, or my S&W Model 64. Guess it depends on how much BOOM I want!!! :D

Venom1956

If you're in a rut, a .22 plinker is always fun.

If i could find a BAIKAL IZH-35M that or a PPK or Cheetah in .22 for a good price those are about last 3 i need to round out my .22 collection. .22 Was my main round for like ever still is i suppose so i got pretty much every .22 that appealed to me. Drove my friends nuts who scoffed @ my lack of centerfires. I'm considering dumping some of the cheaper ones too they never see the light of day with my nicer ones about.

I love these threads because so many people enjoy so many different guns. Simply mindblowing

82,000 rounds in 9 years? truly envious.

jetinteriorguy

For me it's my S$W 627, it's just so versatile and for me I can shoot it as good as or better than any gun I've ever owned. Even with the stupid lock. I know a lot of people dislike the newer S&W revolvers, but for me at least this one has been a gem.