Which of your guns do you always want to shoot?

Venom1956

Ok. I know this thread isn't something super creative but being in a slight rut and not being able to shoot or get anything new as of late... I need a pick me up.

Whats that one gun that special one that you always gravitate towards be it the range, carry, or comp. For the greedy iu suppose you can have more then one.

I'm still sorting mine out. So someone else can start. :D

AustinTX

Sorry to go against the "preferred" instructions, but I don't do well being limited to just one choice. :D

For range use, out of all handguns, I find myself disproportionately taking along a (1) Beretta 92 variant (most often a 92 Steel I or Wilson 92G Brig Tac) and a (2) SIG P210 variant of some sort (-1, -2/P49, -5, or -6, the latter two in regular and heavy frame configurations). I'm actually quite a latecomer to 1911 fandom, but I foresee a 1911 of some sort accompanying me more and more as I continue adding them to the stable and developing an affection for the platform.

Among revolvers only, I most often grab a Colt Python or a S&W Model 57.

Shamefully, I own no black rifles or other rifles aside from a 10/22. Looking to change that very soon.

For carry, the idea of a CCW "rotation" -- wherein disparate weapon types are apparently rotated purely for the sake of rotation -- has always been completely foreign to me. At present I carry my Walther PPS every day. I might someday consider adding something very similar, like a PPQ M1, but I'm perfectly happy with having a single primary CCW at the moment.

Last edited:

FrankenMauser

Handgun? Browning Buckmark (early "Standard" model).

Rifle? Rossi 62SAC "Gallery" (clone of a Winchester 62A - .22 LR). ...Followed very closely by a Marlin 882SS (.22 WMR), and/or a Ruger 77/22 (.22 LR).

Hmm... All rimfire. ;)

jtmckinney

My Ruger Single Six always gets some range time. What a joy to shoot!!

Next would probably be my 357 Mag Blackhawk. Either shooting 38 Specials or med loaded Mag's.

For Semi's my Ruger Standard 22lr is what I enjoy the most closely followed by my SR1911.

tallball

Sigh... can't pick just one.

The two that always go with me:

Browning Buck Mark 22
One of my 22 revolvers

I always "warm up" with the 22's first.

Then I go centerfire:

Taurus model 689 4" 357
Ruger Blackhawk 7.5" 45LC/45acp
CZ75

Those are my four favorite centerfire. If I leave one of them behind I always wish I hadn't, but my self-imposed limit is ten guns per session. :)

OP - cool thread!

BarryLee

Other than my current carry gun I always shoot my Ruger Mark II and if time allows my SIG P220. The Ruger always makes me a better marksman and although I carry a 9mm I still love shooting the .45 SIG.

walks with gun

I've got quite a few to chose from, but for the last year or so it seems I like to shoot my everyday carry gun the most. I picked up a Metro Arms Commander in .45 and really enjoy this gun. For lighter duty I'd have to say it's a Ruger Single Six 5.5" in .32 mag, dandy small game gun.

dahermit

Most enjoyable to shoot.

This is my favorite...a S&W in .32 S&W Long. I think it is what they called the "P" frame (correct me if I am wrong),...about the size of a "J" frame, but with a flat hammer spring instead of coiled. Light recoil, unpretentious, a fun-gun as opposed to self-defense. The blue is badly worn, but is not a consideration for shooting rather than admiring. I would prefer adjustable sights, but those K-32's are going for over $2,000 now.
001_zpsdgfb3ctm.jpg

SEKLEM

My favorite is my 6" Ruger GP100 loaded with some hot .357 mag.

Ruger seems to be a favorite for quite a few of you.:)

lamarw

Revolver - S&W Model 10-5

Pistol - Sig P220 ST

Rifle - Browning Semi-Auto .22 (Belgium Made)

Shotgun - Winchester Model 1200 in 12 Gauge (Sentimental Reasons)

tangolima

Rifle: m1 carbine. Cheapest center fire rifle round I can load.

Pistol: broomhandle in 30 Mauser.

Revolver: colt police positive in 38 s&w.

old bear

The one I want to shoot more than I do is my 3 1/2" model 27. The problem is, it's almost to nice to shot a lot, and cleaning is a chore.

The two I do shoot on a regular basis are my model 640 and 3" model 65, as these are my carry guns. The M-640 for deep carry and the M-65 for discrete carry.