Votes: 7 7.2%
  • Phone but no gun

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • No gun and no phone

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stephen426

I carry a Springfield Armory Hellcat which is around $500. For me, that isn't expensive, but it also isn't a super cheap gun like Lorcin or Jennings. It is also a step above the Keltec and other cheaper pistols. For me, it wasn't really the price point, but more about a gun that fit my needs. I have more expensive guns, but they are more for the range. I would not say that there are any trade offs in terms of quality or reliability, but more about portability and the ability to be carried with little maintenance.

As for my phone, I do not believe in chasing technology. I am still using an iPhone 8, but will upgrade to the next generation when it comes out. I cracked my screen and changed it myself. The problem is that it is no longer water resistant. I also damaged my home button cable in the process so my fingerprint reader no longer works.

HistoryJunky

prepaid (tracfone) is what I've always had, it is cheap and it works great.

Man, I want an H&K P30 sk. I am trying to convince my wife to let me buy one for her ;) as a carry gun.
I have considered getting the SK as well. It would be a lot easier to carry than the standard P30, which is essentially a full size gun.

As a lefty and small handed person, I have a lot of love for the P30. Its one of the few guns I can operate all the controls on without breaking my grip.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

JohnKSa

Administrator
I was walking my dog in a parking lot several years ago, it was about 7 AM. We approached a sketchy young woman who told me that she was stranded and asked to use my phone. I handed her my old tracfone and her face fell and she handed it back.

She then gave me a sob story about needing gas money, and I told her I didn't have my wallet. Seconds later a guy flies up in a beat up car and she jumps in. The plan was to drive off with a nice phone.
Hah! :D

If anyone ever robs me, it won't be for my phone--the one I carry is a nondescript flip phone--or for my carry weapon--because it's concealed.

44 AMP

Staff
I don't have a cell phone.

Not planning on getting one, either....

kinda like Walt Longmire in that regard, if I need one, someone else always has one...:rolleyes:

gwpercle

Phones ? We ain't got no Phones . We don't need no Phones . I don't have to show you no stinkin' Phones ...
I got a stinkin' gun !

Terminatorret

I thought I was all alone...GUN but NO PHONE!
My kids call me a dinosaur, but I do just fine without a cell phone.
However, I always carry.
.22, .380, 9x18, 7.62x25, .38, .357...I wake-up, get dressed, then I decide what I can conceal for the day.

RETG

I'll add to my statement.
Handgun "normally" carried is a H&K P30 SK. Phone is a Pixel 4XL.
Where I live you have three alternatives to talk with someone over a long distance...cell phone, satellite phone or smoke signals. (And this time of the year, fires are illegal.)

Not everyone lives in a populated area.

highpower3006

A gun doesn't have to be expensive to be well suited (nice) for carry purposes. I have tried out several EDC guns from expensive to less expensive and have settled on a Glock 48. Not cheap, but not super high end either.

I have an I phone 11 so I guess my phone is pretty nice also.

mrt949

Went to the Heart doctor .He said you gained weight .I said really .Empied my pockets .ONE PISTOL ONE PHONE ONE KNIFE . What no smart phone .I told him i an not smart enough to have one .

Hawg

What about folks who carry 2 guns and 2 phones? 1 iPhone, 1 Android, 1 Glock 26, 1 KT P32.... I wonder what category I fall into? :D
I worked with a guy that carried six phones. One was his everyday phone and the other five were for his girlfriends. He was married too.

pete2

My phone cost 14.95 at Walmart some years ago. It's a phone, why spend a bundle on a phone. Gonna have to replace it tho, ATT says they're gonna discontinue service for it. Gotta update it in Feb. Trying to decide whether to update or just do without.

PatientWolf

Phone is more expensive than most any pistol I’d carry for the day, but then again phones are way too d4mn expensive.

I have to have a smart phone for work and choose to have one large enough to see a movie on a plane if I am on a long flight. So I have an iPhone 8 Plus.
There are a lot of good pistol choices below that level.

At the end of the day, I don’t do cheap - I do 100% reliable (which is more than I can say for the phone. But I guess by the price definitions given I’d really fall into a non-existent midrange/midrange category.

I don’t see carrying a gun that is more than $800 when so many can be found for $400-$750.

jmr40

I carry a gun. I carry a phone. I choose the one I like best and my choice of one has no bearing on my choice of the other.