Which are you???

Which are you??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SilentHitz

Handgunner...

my collection of handguns has grown more...I don't hunt anymore, so the rifles in my safe have received no "new company" in a few years.:(

JWT

Trap shoot with shotguns most often followed closely by shooting handguns. Shoot rifles only on occasion.

Maximus856

Well I carry an m4 for a living, own mostly rifles, and am best with a rifle. So rifleman it is.

Love using shotguns though. Handguns are fun and all but dont really work out for me.

-Max

MrClean

Mostly handguns, shooting with SO and some IPSC. But I love to get out and shoot a nice slow pace with a long gun from time to time. I like that quote from Jeff Cooper!!!

obxned

assuming questions of accessibility/portability, etc. are moot, I'd go for a shotgun. Since portability and accessibility are very important in the real world, I use a pistol.

fisherman66

I'm pretty well rounded as far as use. I'd guess my shotgun gets by far the most number of shells cycled. Rifles tickle my fancy more and make up the largest percentage of arms. I maintain a certain level of proficiency with handgun, but it falls last.

rantingredneck

Pistol...I am like PBP I have safes full of rifles that I haven't shot. The situation is a little better since the local indoor range allows rifles. I know a indoor range is no big deal with a rifle but it is better than it gathering dust in the safe.

If you're up for an hours drive east one weekend I can take you to my gun club and you can shoot those rifles to 100 at least. Drop me a PM sometime here or at CSF.

rantingredneck

Not so much a 1 gun question as it is which are you?? What platform have you had the most experience/most comfort level with??

Disregard the usual criteria people set up for threads like this and just think of you and your skillset.

bclark1

Eh I just took it that way because you said if you absolutely had to choose one platform. You can train or get comfortable with any of them. Pistols and shotguns certainly have advantages in certain situations, sometimes dramatic, but a rifle will always do the job, from point blank to infinity. Even if I could be a better handgunner than rifleman, tactically I think an average-plus rifleman will have an edge over an outstanding pistolero more than half the time. Survival situations favor riflemen as well, and the recreation aspect is even between all three.

cerberus65

Handgunner

My collection currently has more than twice as many handguns as rifles. No shotguns yet but I hope to fix that soon. Got my eye on another rifle too. But by far I have the most practice with handguns. And that's what sits within reach when I lay down to sleep at night.

johnbt

I was raised on hunting squirrels with a .22 rifle. Head shots only. We did other things back thing too, and later in life I took up waterfowling, but I'll always be a squirrel hunter at heart.

There weren't any deer when I was a kid in the '50s and 60s, so I never really got into deer hunting. No deer you say? My grandfather and his two brothers had 1500 apple trees way back in the mountains south of Charlottesville and there weren't any deer. Turkey, quail, rabbit, groundhog and such, but not one deer. Oh, and a bear from time to time, but all those apples and no deer.

John

Jermtheory

assuming questions of accessibility/portability, etc. are moot

rifle.

most of my experience is with a pistol and i carry one daily.but if i had the choice in an SD/HD situation,i would take a rifle every time.

dont even own a shotgun atm,although i have in the past and plan to in the future.

Maser

No question about it, I'm a shotgunner. I like rifles and handguns, but I am very skilled with a shotgun. I'd really like to get into long range rifle shooting, but my dad sold the .338 RUM that I used to call my own. That thing was so cool at 200 yards. That thing easily had 1,000 yard potential. Guess the ammo cost and my weak shoulder just didn't agree. :(

rantingredneck

Now I want to try BP for deerhunting.

Careful it's addictive. I take the full week of muzzleloader season off work every year. Minus last year when I was laid up. Actually technically I did take it off work, I just was physically unable to hunt. :D.

tony pasley

Most comfortable with a handgun. I have carried a 1911a1 almost 40 years. I enjoy rifles and shotguns but for defense at close quarters I'll go to my pistol first.