What's your next rifle?

L_Killkenny

In all likelihood a Savage .17WSM but I'm still toying with the idea of building a single shot .32H&R or buying a .357M of some flavor.

hgmeyer

My next.rifle

I would like a Mauser 98 custom or Win Mdl 70 (controlled feed a must) in either .35 Whelen or .338-06 stainless barrel, sporter countour, Leupold 1-5-5 Vari-X III as well as iron sights Synthetic stock for all the "Biggies Critters"

Mauser8mm

Ruger American 30-06

I want a 30-06, and I was planning on getting the Ruger American in 30-06 for my next deer rifle. If I do end up getting it, I would like to put a Leupold VX-1 3-9x40 scope on it ($230 on OpticsPlanet). It will be my budget deer rifle.

wachtelhund1

I'm thinking of another F class build in .30/375 Ruger. Haven't decided on an action yet, but it will be a Krieger barrel. F class or tactical stock. Should be able to push 175 or 195 grain bullets at 3,000 to 3,100 fps.

taylorce1

My next.rifleI would like a Mauser 98 custom or Win Mdl 70 (controlled feed a must) in either .35 Whelen or .338-06 stainless barrel, sporter countour, Leupold 1-5-5 Vari-X III as well as iron sights Synthetic stock for all the "Biggies Critters"

I'll make sure to post pics of my .338-06 SS M70 Classic in McMillan Hunters Edge stock after I pick it up. I'm going 2.5-8X36 VX3 with B&C reticle as I just traded into it. No irons either, but I did consider them.

I have two Whelen rifles as well one a M700 and the other a Springfield 1903.

Clark

I am currently taking apart a super light weight Sav 223 to build a super heavy 223.

I build ~ 3 or 4 rifles per year and buy about that many too.
I do not go to the range very often.
The big question is always, "What will I shoot deer with this year?"

2007, 2008, 2009 pre 64 Win M70 270
2010 Ruger #1 7mmRM
2011 VZ24 7mmRM
2012 Uberti 1885 257 Roberts Ackley Improved Rimmed
2013 ????

PatientWolf

Savage Precision Carbine in .308 or Marlin lever action in either .44Mag or .357Mag. I'm not sure which, but at this point I think my next rifle will be a long time coming.

hgmeyer

Why a .338-06 when you have a .35 Whelen

"I'll make sure to post pics of my .338-06 SS M70 Classic in McMillan Hunters Edge stock after I pick it up. I'm going 2.5-8X36 VX3 with B&C reticle as I just traded into it. No irons either, but I did consider them.

I have two Whelen rifles as well one a M700 and the other a Springfield 1903."

WQhy did you go to a .338-06 when you have the Whelens? I am still picking between them so I am very interested in your reasons. What does the .338 gain over the .35?

alancac98

As I age, I'm constantly looking back upon my youth and what some of the "Deer Hunters" in my group took hunting with them on the first day of buck. An old guy in the group had a Winchester Model 88 in .308, the one with the oak leaf on the stock. He took a whole lotta deer with that gun, and nostaglia is telling me to grab one sooner or latter, particularly now that I have grandkids coming into the world. That gun with some good Woolrich red/black wool clothing and I'm set to be that Old Guy!:)

taylorce1

Why a .338-06 when I have two Whelens, why not? I actually have a .338-06 as well built on a 1903A3 action. Simply it boils down to bullets for me, the .338-06 pushes slightly better bullets slightly faster. Either is a great cartridge and you cant go wrong whichever you choose.

Hans

A Savage Model 111 Lightweight Hunter in .270 Win. Just bought it, can't wait to go shoot it! This is my first Savage, and I have to say I can't believe how much I am loving the Accu-Trigger. It's fantastic.

stu925

Still waiting on my M1 Garand from the CMP. Hopefully that'll be here in the next 3 weeks, I'm dying to shoot it. Other than that I don't plan on buying anything else but will browse the gun shows and if a deal comes along I'll snatch it up (really gotta hunt for the deals at the shows though). I'm looking for another Marlin 336 this one in either .30WCF or .32 Win spcl. Looking for a decent bolt action target .22lr also

Stu

TX Hunter

I am realy itching for a Winchester Model 70 Alaskan in 30 06. I want to mount my Leupold 3x9 on one in some quick detach rings and put a Turner 1907 Leather Sling on it. I will get one once I get ahead a little.

sir_n0thing

Tough question... for me it'll boil down to which one of these I run across a "deal I can't pass up" first!

-Winchester M70 stainless in 7mm Mag (I am really after the barrel and action, want to do a custom stock)

-Ruger 10/22

And a bunch of the WWII icons...

-M1 Garand
-M1 Carbine
-Mauser 98k
-Enfield
-Arisaka Type 38